Skunk Qabbage-AKbeanbrains-Earth Boxes-Living organic soil

• Thread starter stp
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

Loudtreefarms

I have foliar sprayed into week 5 of flower only if my humidity levels are WAY controllable and low. Usually week 4/5 is still cool as you don’t have major buds yet that will trap the moisture. I run lots of fans also for this reason also.

I like to foliar fermented frass the best. I have foliar sprayed grow cal, fulpower, sea-90. I’ll also load my plants with chitin early flower.

Some guys like foliar some don’t . I have done it and not and my plants just seem way more on point and robust with loud terp profiles when I do….

L

Loudtreefarms

Think it’s obviously a lot late for this net but I gotta force the big one to grow sideways more even if I have to lose the little ones…wasn’t planning on having three. No balls on the other two, but no hairs either. Goal was to have two and they would be same size or trained evenly. After I work out the mother, the next grow will be the easier one.
I love it

stp

stp

lol, are you planning on growing trees or what. That long plant is going to stretch like a lot in flower.
It’s “in flower” I flipped almost two weeks ago. and it has stretched but yes, I do expect more….this whole run is a cluster for me just trying to establish a new strain and a mom.

stp

stp

I have foliar sprayed into week 5 of flower only if my humidity levels are WAY controllable and low. Usually week 4/5 is still cool as you don’t have major buds yet that will trap the moisture. I run lots of fans also for this reason also.

I like to foliar fermented frass the best. I have foliar sprayed grow cal, fulpower, sea-90. I’ll also load my plants with chitin early flower.

Some guys like foliar some don’t . I have done it and not and my plants just seem way more on point and robust with loud terp profiles when I do….
Im all in, I am using the peach and prob some Organics alive which is really soluble.

stp

stp

I want to thin them out but since they are slow to sex and since I was chopping leaves all the way into the first week I flipped lights, I feel like I need to wait. Tomrrow will be 14 days after flipping lights. Like I said, I Trimmed about 5-6 days ago and reconsidered my actions since they were slow to sex. Thoughts?

L

Loudtreefarms

I want to thin them out but since they are slow to sex and since I was chopping leaves all the way into the first week I flipped lights, I feel like I need to wait. Tomrrow will be 14 days after flipping lights. Like I said, I Trimmed about 5-6 days ago and reconsidered my actions since they were slow to sex. Thoughts?
You could always just thin a little here and there instead of doing a few major defoliations? Wait a few days if ya are second guessing. You won’t have any issues if ya wait a few days to let plants destress a little bit. Nature drops leafs randomly all the time not a bunch at one time imo.

Reactions: stp
L

Loudtreefarms

loud tree, you like to hit em with some crab or a different form of chitin?
My go too is crab and insect frass

the outdoor gardens get slammed pretty good with crab top dress and insect frass right before they wanna start showing signs of flower so the dry amendments have time to break down and plants can absorb for flower .

L

Loudtreefarms

Yum! I have been rocking malted barley hard on flip and hear its got a decent content of chitin
Ya I think Sprouted malted barley has some amazing benefits . Clakamas Coot has a pretty decent right up on barley. Vermicompost all our soil as best we can on our farm.

But with stp running earth boxs and living soil he is setting himself up for success. He is doing what I do out door large scale- on a small scale indoor…. It’s badass.

stp

stp

Yum! I have been rocking malted barley hard on flip and hear its got a decent content of
Ya I think Sprouted malted barley has some amazing benefits . Clakamas Coot has a pretty decent right up on barley. Vermicompost all our soil as best we can on our farm.

But with stp running earth boxs and living soil he is setting himself up for success. He is doing what I do out door large scale- on a small scale indoor…. It’s badass.
I’ve got all the organic shit too. I’ve got sprouted seed mix from build a soil (ala clackmass), I’ve got Gro-Kashi, frass, kelp, alfalfa, compost, fermented peach extract, aloe flakes, coconut powder, gypsum, oyster flour, Rootwise, big6 micro nutrients, worm castings, build a bloom, craft blend, (3) Organics Alive, twelve seed cover crop, and all of this is from Jeremey Silva at Buildasoil in Colorado. I’ve got so much shit I can use it is ridiculous.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
I’ve got all the organic shit too. I’ve got sprouted seed mix from build a soil (ala clackmass), I’ve got Gro-Kashi, frass, kelp, alfalfa, compost, fermented peach extract, aloe flakes, coconut powder, gypsum, oyster flour, Rootwise, big6 micro nutrients, worm castings, build a bloom, craft blend, (3) Organics Alive, twelve seed cover crop, and all of this is from Jeremey Silva at Buildasoil in Colorado. I’ve got so much shit I can use it is ridiculous.
sounds like all you need to do is grow the plant and not nuke them. lol

Reactions: stp
stp

stp

sounds like all you need to do is grow the plant and not nuke them. lol
Exactly, the first round I was throwing everything at them, and four nice ones grew balls halfway into flower. Could have been a light leak, but I was doing living Organics AND adding Canna’s Bio line of foods…now I use all those Organics to mix into soil between grows and for top dressings. From what I’ve read, I could essentially over feed these boxes and the plants will only use what they need because I’m not watering from above so the food in the soil doesn’t get broken down as fast and it doesn’t get washed away. Allegedly the plant has a root system that goes deep to find water and the upper roots fan out to find food, exactly how these boxes are designed. I’ve been giving these little bumps of food in the water even though the advice was to give them plain water and feed the soil.

stp

stp

Made some tea from frass, kashi, sprouted seeds and a dollop of peach ferment. Sprayed them all over and under when lights came on tonight.

56F21615 7D74 4D80 A62E 642672C60283
stp

stp

Another male, same box as the other one. These males grew short and runt-like. I wanted to get it out and make more room. The boxes are on wheels so I moved them and trimmed some.

1D1B003A 323E 4865 9991 F380E0E71EEE
AFD256D7 3F44 4099 93E6 4EAD2B6AE569
79691E4C 73C4 480D 89FA C0987DE31FAE
4F31287F C32E 4391 BD85 1AD70221B9F7
Reactions: PK1
stp

stp

I forgot I mixed up a batch of compost, kelp meal, alfalfa meal, frass, Rootwise, craft blend, build a bloom, sprouted seed barley, rock dust, gypsum, and oyster flour. Used spring water with coconut powder and FPE to make mud and top dressed the box. So much worm action when I lift the mulch cover.

stp

stp

I gave them a foliar spritz of Peach tonight. This is after they dried. Probably my last foliar for the season. Since one corner has the shorter plant, I measured some light Ppfd tonight with that $5 app and even if it’s not deadly accurate, it still gives you an idea of how evenly distributed your canopy lighting is. 4 out of 5 of the lights are doing about 850-900 ppfd. The short plant is about 12” lower and it’s reading 730, so I dropped that light a little closer. VPD readings are ideal, 1.42 right now. 56% RH, 78°

C53C1449 D97F 49C9 A21B A2F586096539
F4297B55 17DB 4495 92A1 FBF55B4025FB
966F67E9 49EF 4030 9FC3 FCFD3639E058
6C45FEBD B31F 44E7 AECA 68CB0B094B88
Last edited:
stp

stp

Not sure if she stopped stretching or what but I threw on some last minute nets just in case.

Latest posts

Top Bottom