Skunk Qabbage-AKbeanbrains-Earth Boxes-Living organic soil

• Thread starter stp
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
stp

stp

And for your second question you could put a timer on a pump that sits inside a res with water and have it come on 1 or 2 times a day to keep the bottom of your earth box full. Even if it’s for 30 seconds to get 1/2 gallon while your at work.

I have not grown in an earth box but ….. does it really drain and drink in one day? I was thinking earth boxs we’re gonna be like a every 3 to 4 day refill thing
They make an auto water float upgrade but no pump just direct line from hose which sucks so I’d have to tank and pump but that will be for future. I’m hoping that maybe the res is crowded because of two plants and so the uptake in water is double normal and the res now only seems to hold about a gallon of liquid before it starts overflowing, these hold (3) gallons with nothing in them. I bet there’s a massive root pile taking up those 2 gallons of space. It drinks almost all the water in one day when my VPD is dialed. There was 1/4” tonight when lights came on tonight.

L

Loudtreefarms

Nailed it son

100% warm up the room ….

prob way less than the “room temp in clone dome”

keep them close to the (clone dome environment ) for a week

hig temp high humidity and u should reaolve Many problems

keep it up son your doing great on the grow

L

Loudtreefarms

They make an auto water float upgrade but no pump just direct line from hose which sucks so I’d have to tank and pump but that will be for future. I’m hoping that maybe the res is crowded because of two plants and so the uptake in water is double normal and the res now only seems to hold about a gallon of liquid before it starts overflowing, these hold (3) gallons with nothing in them. I bet there’s a massive root pile taking up those 2 gallons of space. It drinks almost all the water in one day when my VPD is dialed. There was 1/4” tonight when lights came on tonight.
Ahhhhh- that makes more sense cause u got 2 plants per earth box. They are just
drinking and feeding like crazy- looks like you will water every day “if they dry out”
Or like I said set up a little pump that pumps in a 1/2 gal of water to your earth box . Don’t buy more shit, u prob already got a water pump at the house. Literally plug a hose into your pump and stuff it down your intake hole of your earth box and add a little on timer ???
Should work brotha as long as u don’t over water them

stp

stp

They can survive If the res dries out because there’s moist soil above, but for how long and is that good to have happen? I don’t know. Could there ever be some sort of vapor lock once the water dries up? Like when you cut a flower if you don’t get it in water quickly it could struggle to uptake water and die faster…I doubt this happens but it’s just me thinking aloud and deciding, why find out? I will just keep it topped off…what could be the downside to that?

stp

stp

I let the res dry out tonight and at 5 there was still water in the bottom but by 8:30 it was dry. I chopped a lot of leaves tonight. There’s some wind damage on the side closest to the fan so I cut some of that off. Since it was dry I gave her two gallons of Crystal Geyser with peach extract. So I was wrong when I said the res is holding a gallon only, it’s holding two gallons. Check out the short video showing all the creepy crawlers on the soil when I pull back the mulch cover.

SC69

SC69

Supporter
I let the res dry out tonight and at 5 there was still water in the bottom but by 8:30 it was dry. I chopped a lot of leaves tonight. There’s some wind damage on the side closest to the fan so I cut some of that off. Since it was dry I gave her two gallons of Crystal Geyser with peach extract. So I was wrong when I said the res is holding a gallon only, it’s holding two gallons. Check out the short video showing all the creepy crawlers on the soil when I pull back the mulch cover.
Hi, and happy New Year!! This is so exciting to watch. I am in my 5 boxes and 2 staying in 3gals. I watered them in but there was still dry soil in spots in the middle. Jeremy says he waits till he knows roots are moving to put the water in, but I am paranoid and just want to add it. It’s been a day and a half for one and almost a day for the rest. I think I’m going to just do it. They take 2gals? It’s confusing because I’ve read two different things on “product descriptions.” 2.5, and 3. Ha! I know it will just run over when full. I hate having to clean it up. Haha. Not lazy, back. 🤣

There are pics in my diary if you want to take a look. This is for your stuff. Thanks so much and HAPPY NEW YEAR!
✌️❤️🎼

Edit: I know I could look back and find it all but the peach stuff will be here Monday. How to you use and apply it? I know you said a drench and foliar spray.

stp

stp

Hi, and happy New Year!! This is so exciting to watch. I am in my 5 boxes and 2 staying in 3gals. I watered them in but there was still dry soil in spots in the middle. Jeremy says he waits till he knows roots are moving to put the water in, but I am paranoid and just want to add it. It’s been a day and a half for one and almost a day for the rest. I think I’m going to just do it. They take 2gals? It’s confusing because I’ve read two different things on “product descriptions.” 2.5, and 3. Ha! I know it will just run over when full. I hate having to clean it up. Haha. Not lazy, back. 🤣

There are pics in my diary if you want to take a look. This is for your stuff. Thanks so much and HAPPY NEW YEAR!
✌️❤️🎼

Edit: I know I could look back and find it all but the peach stuff will be here Monday. How to you use and apply it? I know you said a drench and foliar spray.
They hold (3) gallons empty…mine will take 2 right now. I use the peach as a foliar spray diluted like they say, I am also putting it in the water when I fill the res. I also use it when I mix soil to moisten the soil, and I have also lifted the plastic mulch cover and sprayed all the soil a couple times just to get some bio action in the dirt).

SC69

SC69

Supporter
They hold (3) gallons empty…mine will take 2 right now. I use the peach as a foliar spray diluted like they say, I am also putting it in the water when I fill the res. I also use it when I mix soil to moisten the soil, and I have also lifted the plastic mulch cover and sprayed all the soil a couple times just to get some bio action in the dirt).
I put in 2gals. I can see it up in the tube so it must be enough. I’ll be lifting the cover to top dress etc so all good there. I’ll use it as you described when it comes. Early in the week it’s scheduled. Thanks!

stp

stp

Just trimmed a bunch more and then dimmed lights to spray them with peach and Organics Alive Flower fornula. Lowered the fans to blow harder on the tops and when dry, I brought the lights back up to about 77%. I was running it hard (85%} and thought some were praying up and looking rather blonde, so I backed them off. I feel like I should be able to run them harder but maybe I waited too long and they got too tall. I still have room to pull them away if I have to, but I don’t see them getting much taller, I think she’s done stretching for sure. Par/ppfd varíes 817-1063 so that 1063 (if accurate) would be the highest I should be going without adding co2. Here’s some meter readings. Daily light Integral is also useful, it should be 40-51 right now. I probably need to raise the light heights to align them at all the same height. Then maybe I can turn them up and see if I can bring the DLI up without microwaving them to death.

56381FDB 6E8E 4E41 A8BB 9C0281F5F9D2
34981877 E6A3 4AA2 A7F8 CFBC3B06FA1C
B8708D94 CB2E 47B5 A28D ECD091D285BD
AB12905B 09A9 4EFB A61A 3A7EA0417C92
Observationist

Observationist

Just trimmed a bunch more and then dimmed lights to spray them with peach and Organics Alive Flower fornula. Lowered the fans to blow harder on the tops and when dry, I brought the lights back up to about 77%. I was running it hard (85%} and thought some were praying up and looking rather blonde, so I backed them off. I feel like I should be able to run them harder but maybe I waited too long and they got too tall. I still have room to pull them away if I have to, but I don’t see them getting much taller, I think she’s done stretching for sure. Par/ppfd varíes 817-1063 so that 1063 (if accurate) would be the highest I should be going without adding co2. Here’s some meter readings. Daily light Integral is also useful, it should be 40-51 right now. I probably need to raise the light heights to align them at all the same height. Then maybe I can turn them up and see if I can bring the DLI up without microwaving them to death.
that app did not seem very accurate for me,

have you used Tent buddy or PPFD meter?

stp

stp

that app did not seem very accurate for me,

have you used Tent buddy or PPFD meter?
I have not tried anything else, but for my $5 investment, I was not expecting much anyways. What it's great for is to show me the coverage and if it's even or not. I know when I have too much intensity because the plants tell me and when the room temp starts getting too high, that is another signal. I have a good RH and VPD meter and overall, it's really more about how they look than stats and numbers. Stats and numbers help you if you have problems.

Observationist

Observationist

I have not tried anything else, but for my $5 investment, I was not expecting much anyways. What it's great for is to show me the coverage and if it's even or not. I know when I have too much intensity because the plants tell me and when the room temp starts getting too high, that is another signal. I have a good RH and VPD meter and overall, it's really more about how they look than stats and numbers. Stats and numbers help you if you have problems.
Thanks!

L

Loudtreefarms

Lemme know how your plants accept a dli of 51. I’m going to max at 40 in the 6/7 week of flower. From what
I’ve read dli kinda peak absorption and utilization around 44ish during flower. But id be down to see if we can crank the lights a little more with a dialed in environment. Thanks

Loud Trees~

stp

stp

Lemme know how your plants accept a dli of 51. I’m going to max at 40 in the 6/7 week of flower. From what
I’ve read dli kinda peak absorption and utilization around 44ish during flower. But id be down to see if we can crank the lights a little more with a dialed in environment. Thanks

Loud Trees~
Im not sure Im going to push it after all. Seems like they don’t want more light, it’s just the grower who wants more penetration and denser buds. To do that I gotta crank the lights and then I’m going to get heat issues, buds might get fluffier with that higher heat, or have worse issues and kill yield with bleached buds and I don’t need a few more grams that bad.

SC69

SC69

Supporter
Yesterday I mixed some organic compost with Big 6, gypsum, oyster flour, alfalfa meal, kelp meal, and castings.

Tonight I mixed some fermented peach extract with water and I sprayed the soil and the all of the plants. I dimmed the lights to help make sure it would not burn them.
Good morning! I’m just jumping in with this one to ask your opinion on application of the peach ferment. I’m in boxes, so I’m not going to do a heavy watering with it, right? I am still waiting on the vermicompost, which should be here tomorrow. Just wait for it and use the peach ferment when I water it in? I’ll be doing build a flower, and another compost top dress too. Is that when you water in the ferment? Is it added to the res with the water? Sorry if that’s silly. I’ll be foliar spraying with it too. My gals don’t look quite as pretty as yours right now but they seem happy and making me really happy. Thanks for any advice and again, this whole thread because it’s helped me a ton. ✌️

stp

stp

Good morning! I’m just jumping in with this one to ask your opinion on application of the peach ferment. I’m in boxes, so I’m not going to do a heavy watering with it, right? I am still waiting on the vermicompost, which should be here tomorrow. Just wait for it and use the peach ferment when I water it in? I’ll be doing build a flower, and another compost top dress too. Is that when you water in the ferment? Is it added to the res with the water? Sorry if that’s silly. I’ll be foliar spraying with it too. My gals don’t look quite as pretty as yours right now but they seem happy and making me really happy. Thanks for any advice and again, this whole thread because it’s helped me a ton. ✌️
I have incorporated it everywhere. It helps provide microbial activity. Microbial activity happens mostly in the soil, so it’s ideal for soil application, but it helps also using it foliar and in the res. Mostly during flower. I just lifted my mulch cover last night and put about 8 cups of dilluted peach and a little Rootwise. There were a few dry spots in my soil when I lifted my mulch cover. I also add it to the soil when I mix up my top dressing, the nutrient cocktail is mostly compost with other stuff, all dry, and I went it and make it into mud when I pack a top dressing of whenever I’m adding to the soil volume in these boxes.

SC69

SC69

Supporter
I have incorporated it everywhere. It helps provide microbial activity. Microbial activity happens mostly in the soil, so it’s ideal for soil application, but it helps also using it foliar and in the res. Mostly during flower. I just lifted my mulch cover last night and put about 8 cups of dilluted peach and a little Rootwise. There were a few dry spots in my soil when I lifted my mulch cover. I also add it to the soil when I mix up my top dressing, the nutrient cocktail is mostly compost with other stuff, all dry, and I went it and make it into mud when I pack a top dressing of whenever I’m adding to the soil volume in these boxes.
Thank you!! I just found out some bad news though, these stink bugs favorite crop? Peaches. 🤣🤣🤣.

I’m going to hold off on it for now, and see if I can get control of them from outside the tent with the oils they don’t like. The lilac and lavender etc. The room smells like flowers now because my friend, to be funny, left a lamp ring with lilac oil on it for me. I said why didn’t you just leave me the oil, while revealing the secret of why your house always smells like a rose garden.

Everything else is going in and I’ll find another product like it that will do similar. I know you’re using it with reason and purpose. I was excited about it. It’s here and I’m just looking at it now. Ha. Thanks!

Reactions: stp
stp

stp

Photos-4th week flower, if you count that from the first sign of hairs. I flipped lights two weeks before that but it took a while to show me they were female. Orange Bubbalicious…

0B57D6AE 4957 487E 9015 3103EA88ABB3
67F55930 57B4 4BBC 8B56 37412E0015C7
70775249 6854 4E90 AC9C 7F832C457199
D1B1EFA7 07E4 424F A2FB 1A3BF178BEC2
1855A54F FEB1 44B3 9BE1 787DACDD5EA1
4068CD85 99A1 4872 86EA 3D67A31BDC9B
8C51DAD5 883B 42AC B206 5569AF5123E3
3C8222AE 9B52 45F0 837F DB4F23CEAE66
098B9A74 C39F 4986 B92B 007C5A0B6EBA
BAEC5F11 50ED 4C8C 8821 2CAB97E31AD6
8B9BC870 1564 4544 A384 DC1017E47EDA
stp

stp

I just thought of something, did you try the app with using their suggested diffuser? I did the diffuser and the light readings became more believable. Maybe a little higher than a good meter but for the price, use it just to check the canopy spread and not for how intense your lighting should be. I base my light levels on room temp because I’ve done this many times and know how my lights impact temp. If I had a giant room, I’d probably buy an expensive PAR meter. Just my two cents this AM

SC69

SC69

Supporter
I just thought of something, did you try the app with using their suggested diffuser? I did the diffuser and the light readings became more believable. Maybe a little higher than a good meter but for the price, use it just to check the canopy spread and not for how intense your lighting should be. I base my light levels on room temp because I’ve done this many times and know how my lights impact temp. If I had a giant room, I’d probably buy an expensive PAR meter. Just my two cents this AM
I just looked at the instructions again, and it clearly says 2lb paper. I had an idea! I should check that paper. Who knows when, where and why we bought it. It’s not 2lb. I’ll grab some and run it again. I know most of the people who talk of using it say what you do, it works well enough for our application at $5. I just have to do it right is probably the first step.

on an unrelated note, I’ve developed what I have down to excess phosphorus, in leaf tips, of two boxes, both with the same strain, (no, I didn’t look at the tag, just lifted the plastic once to see the action. None of the other 5 are showing anything but happiness. I’m sure I mentioned how quickly they recovered from transplant, topping and fim so close together. I thought it would be longer. Other forums there are fights about it 🙄. I’m convinced it was the rootwise. But there’s no reference for me.

I don’t know what to do about the phosphorus thing. From what I’m reading there isn’t a lot I can do, quick, except stop any heavy phosphorus toppings. Like the vermicompost that just arrived, the build a flower etc. I need to use lower phosphorus stuff like blood meal etc. it will level out eventually with recharge, growing a cover, mulching it, and probably a companion plant or a grow of just anything for a bit. Now I’m afraid to top dress the rest of them with the verm, or any manure based substances because it’s the culprit. Could it just be the strain? My guess, and only a guess, is maybe not because the 3rd isn’t showing it. It’s going to stunt them a bit depending on how bad. I just have to get through. I’m pretty much ready to flip now and just get through it. Improve next run. I’m not too disappointed, I think I caused it by top dressing too early worried about the 3 gals (I know I did). I wasn’t expecting an easy sail, I guess it could be worse, but knowing I did it is tough. Hah.
I’m still pissed about the peach, want to add it, and just put dryer sheets in and around the tent and holes (the stink bugs don’t like them either). Just doesn’t seem very “organic,” and I’ll have to come up with something else. I guess stickies on the mulch cover might work but they fly. I haven’t seen one in a while which is a good sign. There’s mint around the windows of the room and the base of the tent. I friggin hate mint. Haha.

Thanks for any thoughts on the phosphorus. I do think I have to just ride it out now that it’s done. ✌️

Top Bottom