Slightly white fan leaves (not just on the tips, but every “razor”) after a re pot, and first two true leaves slightly droopy (3.5 weeks)

• Thread starter Samoses
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Samoses

Samoses

Hi guys

This is a 25 day auto amnesia haze ,

She was doing ok. But was quite slow in growth , and I realised the medium I had chosen was clogging at the bottom and drainage was poor, it happened quick,
Go easy as I’m new to growing !

So I re potted her, into a much larger pot, and then left her out of the intense heat for a few days ,

I don’t think it’s a nitrogen burn, as it’s not just the tips,

(I did do that to her earlier on the second set of true leaves tips burnt very slightly )

Anyway, it seems pretty happy, but I just wondered why just the bottom single fan leaves are slightly droopy, and this very faint white tips ,

Any info very much appreciated ,

Oh the medium I was using was coco / perlite, but it was the peat I had added, it was too wet and claggy, so now she is draining much better, has an inch of gravel at the bottom, and then a better peat / perlite and coco ,

Feeding her every other feed

But considering she was waterlogged, I havnt done for 4 days ,
Let the new pot dry her out ,

I also made sure to fluff up the new pot every now and again, keep the oxygen flowing ,

Also, does anyone know what these little shiny marks are ? It looks like a slug trail, but that’s impossible , and they are tiny , about quarter of an inch long ,
Cheers

Slightly white fan leaves not just on the tips but every razor after a re pot and first two t
Slightly white fan leaves not just on the tips but every razor after a re pot and first two t
Slightly white fan leaves not just on the tips but every razor after a re pot and first two tr
Slightly white fan leaves not just on the tips but every razor after a re pot and first two tr
R

redshift75

those are the cotyledons, also known as the 'seed leaves'. they are suppose to die off and turn yellow. They are the food for the seed naturally. They help make it survive and thrive. With the next set of leaves that came out being referred to as the "true leaves" Those are what you want to read. from the rest of the plant.

Samoses

Samoses

those are the cotyledons, also known as the 'seed leaves'. they are suppose to die off and turn yellow. They are the food for the seed naturally. They help make it survive and thrive. With the next set of leaves that came out being referred to as the "true leaves" Those are what you want to read. from the rest of the plant.

Hey mate , thanks for the reply, yeh I don’t mean the cotyledons, but the first set of true leaves , is that just them still getting over the overwatering ? Now it’s drained better and In a nice new pot , it’s shooting up,

But they have definitely faded slightly, which concerns me, as I managed to do a nitrogen burn, but that’s a classic sign of low nitrogen ?!?!?

Thanks

R

redshift75

Hey mate , thanks for the reply, yeh I don’t mean the cotyledons, but the first set of true leaves , is that just them still getting over the overwatering ? Now it’s drained better and In a nice new pot , it’s shooting up,

But they have definitely faded slightly, which concerns me, as I managed to do a nitrogen burn, but that’s a classic sign of low nitrogen ?!?!?

Thanks
Im not really seeing anything wrong with the plant? are you talking about the little white specs? i see some signs of the tip burn like you were giving them nutes too soon? just keep it adequately watered. dont over water and let it bounce back if they start to fade more give it a small amount of food til it perks. id ride on the side you are still giving too much by the tips until it shows true fading to show its under. Or you risk reburning the plant. sorry i was confused cause all i saw faded (besides the tip burn) was the cotyledons. Idk if its indoor or outdoor, but make sure your light isnt too close and its not getting too hot for the white spec. Thats generally only time i get true whitening is when i harden my plants and they are getting used to sunlight vs artificial. with other options being chemical burn or pest.

Samoses

Samoses

Im not really seeing anything wrong with the plant? are you talking about the little white specs? i see some signs of the tip burn like you were giving them nutes too soon? just keep it adequately watered. dont over water and let it bounce back if they start to fade more give it a small amount of food til it perks. id ride on the side you are still giving too much by the tips until it shows true fading to show its under. Or you risk reburning the plant. sorry i was confused cause all i saw faded (besides the tip burn) was the cotyledons. Idk if its indoor or outdoor, but make sure your light isnt too close and its not getting too hot for the white spec. Thats generally only time i get true whitening is when i harden my plants and they are getting used to sunlight vs artificial. with other options being chemical burn or pest.
Hey man, thanks for the reply and tips

Yeh I’ll let her dry out properly ,

Get her roots digging for water , I’ll see how it is in next few days and water the edge of the pot ,

Thanks for the tips guys ,
Glad to see it’s healthy !

Have a good day/ evening !
(I’m in the U.K.!)

Samoses

Samoses

If it doesn't wipe off it's not likely wpm, didn't look like it but it's the same color did you spill anything on it?
No not that I can think of, it’s hard to explain, photo doesn’t do it justice , just sparkles a bit like slug trail, it’s not damaged the leaves etc, I’ll just observe for now I think

Samoses

Samoses

Thats what im thinking is nutes touched on the leaf or something

Right , yeh well I’ve used a jug , and it’s a very very diluted mixture , I’ve poured straight to the sides of the pot, but when they are smaller, could easily have been a little splash I suppose ,
Thanks man

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

No not that I can think of, it’s hard to explain, photo doesn’t do it justice , just sparkles a bit like slug trail, it’s not damaged the leaves etc, I’ll just observe for now I think
Flip one of those leaves that has the white spot on it over and take a picture of the underside of it

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Don't think so, and I'm not sure I've ever seen it before either??

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

does it look like this
20200119 143336
..get a picture underneath the leaf and also search wpm 'white powdery mildew', not saying that's what it is but take a look for yourself

Top Bottom