Slow Growth and yellow leaves

• Thread starter Bim024
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Bim024

Hi guys,
A few days ago (around 8 days) I started my first grow. Everything was going smoothly, nice growth, no problems. But the last two days I noticed that the first Leaves (or whatever you call them) started to get yellow. I don't really consider this very threatening to the plant, since it has it first set of true leaves. But since then the growthrate suddenly plummeted and I don't really see any progress. My question is this something I should be worried about or does it matter at all? (Till now I didn't give it any nutrients or water it, since it didn't seem like it wanted any)
And is this a normal size for a 8 day old plant?

Thank you for any help🙏

Slow growth and yellow leaves
Slow growth and yellow leaves 2
Slow growth and yellow leaves 3
B

Bim024

Oh, but I do did give it some BioGrow from Green house feeding around two days ago. But in the instructions it said I can add it at any stage of Growth.

But now that I said that, maybe that is the problem. Does anyone know if that could be the Problem, and if it is life threatening for the plant ?

Last edited:
Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

Looking pretty good bud. What are the NPK numbers on your fertilizer and how much did you give the seedling?
At 8 days, she is only just getting enough roots under her to begin taking up nutrients and begin growing a top.

B

Bim024

Looking pretty good bud. What are the NPK numbers on your fertilizer and how much did you give the seedling?
At 8 days, she is only just getting enough roots under her to begin taking up nutrients and begin growing a top.
NPK (Ca-Mg) 7-2-4 (5,7-2,4)
The instructions said 3g per liter of substrate (I have a 10–12 liter pot), but I only gave it like 25g.
And what is that NPK number, and why is that important?

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

Ya, The light. You should answer Nick.

What Fertilizer are you using? So I can look it up and see what you are using.
Most fertilizers have 3 numbers on the front of the package.
Like 12-4-8 These are percentages of Nutrients contained in the fertilizer.
Always in the same order!
12% Nitrogen
4 % phosphorus
8% Potassium

B

Bim024

light.
what about your light?
brand? how close?
The Light is DIY, and about 90W strong. About 30cm above seedling. And on 20% power.
I just looked and the seedling gets about 9.000 lux, 845 fc and 168 ppfd of light. I measured this with my phone, without calibration, so thata Data is probably not accurate.

Last edited:
B

Bim024

Ya, The light. You should answer Nick.

What Fertilizer are you using? So I can look it up and see what you are using.
Most fertilizers have 3 numbers on the front of the package.
Like 12-4-8 These are percentages of Nutrients contained in the fertilizer.
Always in the same order!
12% Nitrogen
4 % phosphorus
8% Potassium
I am using BioGrow from Green house Feeding. The NPK is 7-2-4. And I gave the Soil about 25g of fertilizer.

bongsmoker421

bongsmoker421

I only feed my plants when they ask, learning from my mistakes. Unless they are asking ( fades rust curles bends etc) I just give them ph6.5 spring water. I use crystal geyser which is also my ph up since the water has a ph of 7.0. Much cheaper and safer alternative to bottled chemicals.

m8ty

m8ty

Is the soil DIY? It looks like it needs more perlite and less mulch. And yes the 25 grams of ferts burn the roots and the plant is dead.

Don't worry It happens to everyone, you have to fill the experience bin with dead plants first.

bongsmoker421

bongsmoker421

Is the soil DIY? It looks like it needs more perlite and less mulch. And yes the 25 grams of ferts burn the roots and the plant is dead.

Don't worry It happens to everyone, you have to fill the experience bin with dead plants first.
Failure is the best teacher 👌

Agreed. I'd say the roots are oxygen deprived, waterlogged. You can dig them up carefully and replant with Perlite for better drainage and oxygenation for the roots. Feeding them more water at this point will only worsen the matter

bongsmoker421

bongsmoker421

I retract my last statement. Waterlogged plants tend to wilt. Hmm. Only thing I can guess is the nutes that we're fed or lights.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
IMG 9314

show some new pics today and post one with plants and the light in a pic.. looking like light stress?..

B

Bim024

To me it looks like only the cotyledon is turning really bad. The rest looks "OK". But the rest of the leaves aren't really that nice plantgreen color, so... I don't know?!

I'm freaking out a little bit here. Is it hopeless for that poor fella or isn't it that bad. Do i need to save it or what should i do now ?!

Top Bottom