Slow growth since switching to LED

• Thread starter Weedgrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

FriendlyFarmer90

buy a par meter for $500 instead of any other equipment.
I’m glad i got the controller instead of the par meter, gives me so much more control over my DLI than any meter would do. I just need to learn now how to spot light stress early on like the pros here and learn where the sweetspot is at.

W

Weedgrower

Ok now I'm 3 days into flower and this is what I see on one plant on only a few leaves, is this ca mg deficiency? @Aqua Man and community.

PXL 20220522 025356797
Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

Ok now I'm 3 days into flower and this is what I see on one plant on only a few leaves, is this ca mg deficiency? @Aqua Man and community.
Aquaman had the 1st LED pic that impressed me ever! He's obviously an elite grower, and had some high yielding genetics. I believe he said he used 450 watts approx on the plant.
I don't see how this isn't undisputable evidence HPS lighting is superior
I pollinated 3 of these, and yielded this. I'm not a better grower than Aqua, but how else can this be explained? I'm in 1/2 gal containers if that. I had to chop the heads off as they were getting up in the light.
My conclusion after seeing 100's, if not 1000's of LED grows, HPS are superior. Period!
20210811 162220
20210812 020438
20210815 030814
20210815 030940

N1ghtL1ght

N1ghtL1ght

Staff
Supporter
It's just an excerpt of the pic, but it looks as if you got a good amount of foliage of big fans covering the shoots that generate all the budsites. Maybe warranting some selective pruning...

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

It's just an excerpt of the pic, but it looks as if you got a good amount of foliage of big fans covering the shoots that generate all the budsites. Maybe warranting some selective pruning...
He should cut a bunch of thoes sucker branches, as a lot of those little tops will end up as larf, and steal the energy from the colas that will develop. It will also minimize chance of disease. That will open things up, but those fan leaves come in handy at the end.
Overall the plant looks good. Maybe some overfeeding, but that should take care of itself during the stretch

W

Weedgrower

I've done that alot more this time round, I didn't want to de foliage too much and stress the plants. If you recommend getting rid of a few more big fan leaves of the top I agree, just don't want to stress them

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

Let's not turn this into an HPS vs LED debate please. All I will say is that if you were correct then every major grow on the planet would be running HPS. Which as we know is not the case.

N1ghtL1ght

N1ghtL1ght

Staff
Supporter
He should cut a bunch of thoes sucker branches, as a lot of those little tops will end up as larf, and steal the energy from the colas that will develop. It will also minimize chance of disease. That will open things up, but those fan leaves come in handy at the end.
Overall the plant looks good. Maybe some overfeeding, but that should take care of itself during the stretch
it's too early for lollipopping after the stretch is over the bottom can be cleared but as of now the promotion of sideshoots to become big colas is the priority to increase floral uniformity/ bagappeal and have less danger of budrot at the main cola.
sideshoots need direct light or will stay small or develop stretchy, both unwanted.

Lpena93

Lpena93

it's too early for lollipopping after the stretch is over the bottom can be cleared but as of now the promotion of sideshoots to become big colas is the priority to increase floral uniformity/ bagappeal and have less danger of budrot at the main cola.
sideshoots need direct light or will stay small or develop stretchy, both unwanted.
CBD2FA3B 5D1A 40E2 98AB 769DC2074249

W

Weedgrower

Ok now I'm very confused. I'm 3 days into 12 12 and one of my plants are showing signs of flowering as if they have been in flower for 2 weeks? Never experienced this before. Any reason?

N1ghtL1ght

N1ghtL1ght

Staff
Supporter
Fine. So the plant is growing better when half of the light hits the bottom of the tent?
60327 2

^^ in soil. (even without bugs) though yeah, they will come and just adapt to the DE... <.<

Ok now I'm very confused. I'm 3 days into 12 12 and one of my plants are showing signs of flowering as if they have been in flower for 2 weeks? Never experienced this before. Any reason?
maybe genetics don't know how does it actually look?

Latest posts

Top Bottom