Small brown spots on older leaves (PICS)

• Thread starter gamebreaker81
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

gamebreaker81

Need some help not sure what the problem is. The older leaves on the bottom are developing small circular brown spots. The newer leaves look real good so im thinking its not a major problem. I planted outside in the soil didnt use a pot. I transplanted plant when it was a foot or so tall. This is my first plant LOL so i am a big time rookie. please help

Small brown spots on older leaves pics
Small brown spots on older leaves pics 2
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Calcium deficiency, perhaps? If I recall, calcium is not a mobile element as, say, nitrogen is, and so as the plant grows it takes calcium from wherever it can get it to transport for new growth, thusly it shows up in older growth and that can serve as an indicator. Double check on that, though (plus this'll bump ya, they always seem to need a bump).

EXCELLENT photos, too, by the way. Everyone should put up pix this clear.

O

Oregonic

Calcium deficiency, perhaps? If I recall, calcium is not a mobile element as, say, nitrogen is, and so as the plant grows it takes calcium from wherever it can get it to transport for new growth, thusly it shows up in older growth and that can serve as an indicator. Double check on that, though (plus this'll bump ya, they always seem to need a bump).

EXCELLENT photos, too, by the way. Everyone should put up pix this clear.
Sea is right, I think...
I am no pro but I have had my share of cal issues.... have you been feeding any nutes.. some nute programs need a cal additive and you can't always go by the bottle.... GO was saying 10ml calmag and 20 ml bio thrive bloom.... had to up it to 15ml cal mag to give my ladies what they needed. Small change but fixed my rust spots.

:rastadancing:

G

gamebreaker81

Yea i have been using organic miracle grow LOL like i said im new to growing and i just stumbled on this sight hopefully i can learn. The bottle is loaded with nitrogen, what should i use for calcium? poor milk on the plant joking.....The area I planted the plant is loaded with green growth so im thinking the soil naturally is pretty good. Im up in the northeast just in case that mattered... Thanks for the responses.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Yea i have been using organic miracle grow LOL like i said im new to growing and i just stumbled on this sight hopefully i can learn. The bottle is loaded with nitrogen, what should i use for calcium? poor milk on the plant joking.....The area I planted the plant is loaded with green growth so im thinking the soil naturally is pretty good. Im up in the northeast just in case that mattered... Thanks for the responses.
You won't be able to bring back the leaves that are showing this. I've not used the organic MG, usually their products are very complete though, so it's a little surprising to me. In any event, I'd get some dolomitic lime, any brand, and top-dress that around the base of the plant, water in.

Milk has been shown to be effective at controlling powdery mildew on cucumbers (and some other plants I can't remember) in a Brazilian study.

Mcfick29

Mcfick29

Need some help not sure what the problem is. The older leaves on the bottom are developing small circular brown spots. The newer leaves look real good so im thinking its not a major problem. I planted outside in the soil didnt use a pot. I transplanted plant when it was a foot or so tall. This is my first plant LOL so i am a big time rookie. please help
I have the same problem just noticed last night.

D62AB45C 2833 4C91 BB73 F17B413F8A83
C1EE2433 3E08 44E2 A257 D9EEBFE5E696
Top Bottom