Small Grow For Nubies.

Well, had a nice break with the Mrs and kids, a mixed group of friends and family turned out too, probably the last time we'll meet up for a bash this season, Winter's on it's way. Expected to find my Afgani's well flushed by the time I got back, and ready to harvest, but no, flushed yes, but something was wrong as soon as I opened the door, you just know don't you.
A quick look over the plants revealed this.
20191012_174843.jpg

Strangely enough, the mould was on the HPS (light) side of the plant, there was a strange kind of purpling on the top of the leaves, this was the only give away that it was present, other than opening every bud to have a look, you would not know it was there until it was to late, read up on Bud Rot last night, never suffered from it before, and the diagnosis was that you loose the whole crop in a week, I fared a little bit better and lost only four big buds on the two plants on the right under the fan. It seems to start at the top and work it's way down the whole top.
20190921_092239.jpg

Every cloud has a silver lining, and they were the only 4 rotten tops out of 42, still 38 nice sized tops, so still well in the game.
20191012_211259.jpg

Good sized buds the height of a Clipper lighter.
20191012_171107.jpg

And a good width.
20191012_170945.jpg

So all in all things turned out well, could easily have turned into a disaster, I was lucky this time. lol
And that's this grow signed off, will try to update this section of my log when the Afgani's have dried and cured and are ready to put in the rumbler.
Keep tokin folks, and above all, keep an good eye on your plants.

Morning, got the 6 Afgani's in two 5 gallon food grade buckets to start the cure, I like my buds containerised just before they dry completely.
The main buds are in one bucket (38x).
20191018_104347.jpg

And the whispy stuff for hash is in this bucket, and when it's cured, the whole bucket will be dropped into the deep freezer, then it's rumbled to knock off the trykes.
20191018_104417.jpg

Got around 2 and a half gallons in each bucket, so five gallons produced this run, same as the last mixed run, so maybe
this is my top end with this set up, we will see next run. 6 more weeks and we'll see how these Afgani's turn out, just in time for Christmas. 😎

Morning, got the 6 Afgani's in two 5 gallon food grade buckets to start the cure, I like my buds containerised just before they dry completely.
The main buds are in one bucket (38x).
View attachment 903305

And the whispy stuff for hash is in this bucket, and when it's cured, the whole bucket will be dropped into the deep freezer, then it's rumbled to knock off the trykes.
View attachment 903306

Got around 2 and a half gallons in each bucket, so five gallons produced this run, same as the last mixed run, so maybe
this is my top end with this set up, we will see next run. 6 more weeks and we'll see how these Afgani's turn out, just in time for Christmas. 😎
Ive done the 5 gallon bucket cure the last couple runs too,I like the results so far,Im gonna keep doin it

Think these need moving, they've grown into the lights. lol
20191018_132215.jpg

I've had my ballast for the last 5 years, it's on constantly, if it's not on 12/12 flowering, then it's vegging on 18/6, so it done it's job faithfully for the last five, maybe even six years. Now it's time to replace it, now don't get me wrong, led is it seems even with HID these days, but led lacks the sunshine aspect for me, come the Winter when the weather is bad, it's nice to sit in your flower room and enjoy the sun, so I replaced my ballast with a new one, just like the old one. 🙂

And here it is.
20191018_120528.jpg

20191018_120638.jpg

Went for another Lumatek 400/600, I like these, good for the small grower.

And the MH bulb I'm using to get the plants started, used this bulb a couple of time with good results. The bulb on the right is the HPS I've just removed.
20191018_125132.jpg

So that's my flower room turned round, just got to get the plants in, then give it a week and it should be flower time. 😎

What can I say, having a nightmare of a grow spell, first the Afgani's contracted Bud Rot, then they went well over their time spell, wasn't bothered at first, but it came back and bit me in the ass in the end. 🤬 Never gave the fact the veg plants were growing into the lights a second thought, and what seems to have happened is, when the plant grew into the lights they blocked off the light reaching the plant, so triggered them into flower, thus, when I put them into the flower room under the MH for a week, they re-vegged.🤬
These are the six re-veggers, you can see the sorry look about them, and this is after a week under a MH, so they're pulled to make way for the next six, if they don't turn round in a week, then it's going to be a battle spin them, and they now looked like they might herm, so their gone.🖐 These are they.
20191026_171946.jpg

Moving on, and the next six are not a big as the last six, purely because they've not had the 8 week veg time while the others were in flower. So the MH will perk them up, stems were a little purple, but it's been cold here, and having the veg door open and letting the cold in while swapping round hasn't done them any favours either. But, I think there's light at the end of the tunnel. lol

20191030_195101.jpg

Been having problems with seeds not turning up, and a ten pack I was gifted produced nothing, blank. A lesser man would think he was losing his touch. lol
Been gifted some seed, part of a free bee batch that was attached to his order, you get it if you spend a certain amount with his chosen seed bank, which is good, because I now have some of them, things are looking up. 👍
The gifted seeds are, 2 Zkittles, and one Amnesia Lemon, don't know any thing about the Amnesia Lemon, not had a toke of it before, so a new one for me. 🙂
Decided to ditch the Rockwool in favour of some thing more organic, so planted the seeds in Root Riot cubes, not used these for seeds before, but they grew cracking cuttings, so they should produce the goods with the seeds, we'll see. 🤞
20191030_194913.jpg

Every bong I've ever owned, has broke at the stem where the heat from me flaming a bowl hits the water, and this invariably leaves me with out a bong, which can be annoying. So not to be out done by fate again, I bought a replacement, before my older one brakes. By chance I was hanging out on Ebay, and by chance, a flashing advert that appealed to me, it was a picture of a bong, $22 plus shipping, about ten dollars, so I bought one. Over the last two weeks I've tracked it's progress to my home, must be a long way off, Guanduan. And a knock at the door signalled the arrival of my bong, and this is it, not the most stylish bong in the world, but if it gets knocked over and smashes, then it's no biggy at that kind of money. Got one similar to this and I'm well happy with it, and it's easy to clean. 👍
20191030_205630.jpg

I have some other seeds on order from the Netherlands, so we'll see what they're like when they hit the door mat.
And that's this update, updated, keep tolkin folks, and live long and prosper. 🖖

What can I say, having a nightmare of a grow spell, first the Afgani's contracted Bud Rot, then they went well over their time spell, wasn't bothered at first, but it came back and bit me in the ass in the end. 🤬 Never gave the fact the veg plants were growing into the lights a second thought, and what seems to have happened is, when the plant grew into the lights they blocked off the light reaching the plant, so triggered them into flower, thus, when I put them into the flower room under the MH for a week, they re-vegged.🤬
These are the six re-veggers, you can see the sorry look about them, and this is after a week under a MH, so they're pulled to make way for the next six, if they don't turn round in a week, then it's going to be a battle spin them, and they now looked like they might herm, so their gone.🖐 These are they.
View attachment 905958

Moving on, and the next six are not a big as the last six, purely because they've not had the 8 week veg time while the others were in flower. So the MH will perk them up, stems were a little purple, but it's been cold here, and having the veg door open and letting the cold in while swapping round hasn't done them any favours either. But, I think there's light at the end of the tunnel. lol

View attachment 905961

Been having problems with seeds not turning up, and a ten pack I was gifted produced nothing, blank. A lesser man would think he was losing his touch. lol
Been gifted some seed, part of a free bee batch that was attached to his order, you get it if you spend a certain amount with his chosen seed bank, which is good, because I now have some of them, things are looking up. 👍
The gifted seeds are, 2 Zkittles, and one Amnesia Lemon, don't know any thing about the Amnesia Lemon, not had a toke of it before, so a new one for me. 🙂
Decided to ditch the Rockwool in favour of some thing more organic, so planted the seeds in Root Riot cubes, not used these for seeds before, but they grew cracking cuttings, so they should produce the goods with the seeds, we'll see. 🤞
View attachment 905967

Every bong I've ever owned, has broke at the stem where the heat from me flaming a bowl hits the water, and this invariably leaves me with out a bong, which can be annoying. So not to be out done by fate again, I bought a replacement, before my older one brakes. By chance I was hanging out on Ebay, and by chance, a flashing advert that appealed to me, it was a picture of a bong, $22 plus shipping, about ten dollars, so I bought one. Over the last two weeks I've tracked it's progress to my home, must be a long way off, Guanduan. And a knock at the door signalled the arrival of my bong, and this is it, not the most stylish bong in the world, but if it gets knocked over and smashes, then it's no biggy at that kind of money. Got one similar to this and I'm well happy with it, and it's easy to clean. 👍
View attachment 905974

I have some other seeds on order from the Netherlands, so we'll see what they're like when they hit the door mat.
And that's this update, updated, keep tolkin folks, and live long and prosper. 🖖
hopefully they pull thru and it wont be time wasted

Afternoon tokers and growers, hope your all fine and well. Not a lot to report at the minute, just bought a pack of seeds from a buddy, he's just received an order from the Netherlands, and one of the packs he ordered didn't have the seeds marked up individually, so a 4 seed mixed pack landed in my palm at a knockdown price. 😊 Strange what puts folk of certain seed packs or strains, me I'll just plant them and see what happens, maybe they'll grow different leaves or structure so we can work out which is which from strain info on the net, we'll have to see.

This is the seed pack in question.
20191102_114615.jpg

Pack info.
20191102_114710.jpg

Some rare strains in the other selection. lol
And the other seeds are starting to pop, the Zkittles are braking through, but the Amnesia Lemon is still to show up.
20191102_113236.jpg

20191102_113247.jpg

20191102_113255.jpg

The new seeds are in, lets pop and see what we got. lol
20191102_121139.jpg

The flower room is taking off, but with the cold spell and frost we had, it's set them back, but we're on course now, new leaves are rampant in their appearance, so won't be long before they fill out, not decided if it's a scrog or not, plenty of time.
20191102_113420.jpg

And finally, the last 4 cuttings from this flower run are being picked up tonight, and that's the next cleaning job, ready for the seedlings to move into when they're big enough.
20191102_113319.jpg

And that's it, all caught up, it's a wait and see job now.
Keep tokin and growing folks.

Afternoon tokers and growers, hope your all fine and well. Not a lot to report at the minute, just bought a pack of seeds from a buddy, he's just received an order from the Netherlands, and one of the packs he ordered didn't have the seeds marked up individually, so a 4 seed mixed pack landed in my palm at a knockdown price. 😊 Strange what puts folk of certain seed packs or strains, me I'll just plant them and see what happens, maybe they'll grow different leaves or structure so we can work out which is which from strain info on the net, we'll have to see.

This is the seed pack in question.
View attachment 906667

Pack info.
View attachment 906668

Some rare strains in the other selection. lol
And the other seeds are starting to pop, the Zkittles are braking through, but the Amnesia Lemon is still to show up.
View attachment 906669
View attachment 906670
View attachment 906671

The new seeds are in, lets pop and see what we got. lol
View attachment 906672

The flower room is taking off, but with the cold spell and frost we had, it's set them back, but we're on course now, new leaves are rampant in their appearance, so won't be long before they fill out, not decided if it's a scrog or not, plenty of time.
View attachment 906674

And finally, the last 4 cuttings from this flower run are being picked up tonight, and that's the next cleaning job, ready for the seedlings to move into when they're big enough.
View attachment 906675

And that's it, all caught up, it's a wait and see job now.
Keep tokin and growing folks.

Nice work bud like always.

But I cant believe the seed breeder called a strain “crystal meth”. That is just a shame.

Herijuana is actually named after the activist Jack Herrer. So there's that.

Nice work bud like always.

But I cant believe the seed breeder called a strain “crystal meth”. That is just a shame.

Herijuana is actually named after the activist Jack Herrer. So there's that.
Me too on the Meth name, got a strain going called Jaun Herer, it was a freebee from years ago, kept it going because it is good for pain, even the next day it seems to carry on working long enough to get me home after work for a reload, not saying it's pain free, but it keeps it bareable.

Last edited:
Yo tokers and growers, hope your all well. Would like to say we're on auto pilot, but we're not, had a timer get wet, some how, and decided to dump it, but at the time I had no replacement, so slung in a segment timer as a stop gap, and forgot to replace it. Well, we all know what segment timers are like, dodgy to say the least. So a problem arose, purple stems, rubbish leaf colour, and then I noticed the white hairs. You got it, the crappy timer some how let the plants go into flower. 🤬 So now we're on a digital timer, and hope to be back on course by next week. 🙂 The plants in veg look like this bellow. You can see the flowers appearing, the dark purple stems and rubbish colour, this is due to revegging, note the new growth coming through. I'm not happy with the situation, but I think it will work out in the end, just slows things down, and there's the chance of hermies when they're flowered again, well see.
20191108_214315.jpg

Of the 7 seeds planted, 2 Zkittlez, 1 Amnesia Lemon, and 2 of the 4 Killer Mix seeds are up, not had time to take pics, been real busy, had a day off yesterday, but had to take the old lady to the dentist for an extraction, so that slowed things down bit. 😁 On the whole, things could be worse. lol Looking forward to the Amnesia Lemon, I like the lemon strains, don't know why. And that's it for this week, hope to have more to show you next week, or at least one healthy plant. lol
Keep tokin folks. 👍

Latest Cannabis Seeds

Sundae Cookies
Sold out

Sundae Cookies

Divine Genetics
Sundae Driver x GMO Cookies
Feminized
New
$200.00
Sunset Sherbet S1
Sold out