Small Grow For Nubies.

• Thread starter chemistry
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
chemistry

chemistry

Yo tokers and growers, hope your all fine and well, and escaping the world wide flu. 😷 This week we started to cure, all in gallon glass jars now, bar the Aurora Indica, which is in a 2 gallon jar, due to running out of 1 gallon jars, not a bad problem to have, and you won't hear a complaint from me. 🙂 Was shooting to equal the 5 gallons I had from my flower space last time, or just shade it, as this was my best haul to date, and I thought this would be the ceiling, but I've nearly doubled it, 9 and a quarter gallons in all. 😎 So here's the run down on the gear. 😁

The one and only Super Lemon Haze, needs no introduction, as lemony as a lemon strain comes, in the grinder it smells like lemon ice cream, and is a lovely around hit.
20200305 184502

Super Lemon Haze. One and a half gallons. Beware of trimmers, they smoke a lot while they work. lol So if some of the jars look a little pilfered, that's because they were. lol
20200309 193852

The Gorilla Variant. Not as big a finished bud as I thought, but a good smoke all the same, a little fruity in the grinder, but more of a standard Indica smell, taste and smoke. We'll see which is the favourite smoke of the trimmers by which jar gets raided the most. lol
20200305 190907

Only 3/4 of a gallon for the Gorilla, thought it would fill at least one jar.
20200309 193802

The Bubblelicious, does taste a little like a Bazooka Joe, a very powdery sweetie smell and taste. One to try if you've not grown one before, good producer.
20200305 200417

Good producer, 2 gallons jarred.
20200309 194037

And we now arrive at a favourite of mine, The Juan Herer. Don't know anything about it's make up, or how it's bread, but it's a good smoke for pain, and has an unusual smell of desil and mixed herbs?
20200306 181729

One and a half gallons from the Juan Herer. 🙂
20200309 194017

The Purple Bud. A nice flowery taste to this strain, with a middle of the road hit. Still worth the effort.
20200307 114813

Another good producer at one and a half gallons.
20200309 193932

Aurora Indica. Another nice indica with a good solid indica taste, good hit too, not a good strain if you like converstion though. lol
20200307 122148

Yet another good producer, 2 gallons in a 2 gallon jar, lovely jubbly.
20200309 194123

And a group shot of the jarred, ready to cure buds.😎
20200309 194213

And that's this round rubber stamped and filed.
Got five plants to put into flower next, they're a bit rough looking, so you'll have to bare with me until I get them spun round. It's the downside to over runs.
All in all it's been a good round, totally blew my last grow away, so 9 and a quarter to beat this next run with only 5 rough looking plants? We'll have to see what happens next week, so until then, keep tokin folks.👍

Srenots

Srenots

Yo tokers and growers, hope your all fine and well, and escaping the world wide flu. 😷 This week we started to cure, all in gallon glass jars now, bar the Aurora Indica, which is in a 2 gallon jar, due to running out of 1 gallon jars, not a bad problem to have, and you won't hear a complaint from me. 🙂 Was shooting to equal the 5 gallons I had from my flower space last time, or just shade it, as this was my best haul to date, and I thought this would be the ceiling, but I've nearly doubled it, 9 and a quarter gallons in all. 😎 So here's the run down on the gear. 😁

The one and only Super Lemon Haze, needs no introduction, as lemony as a lemon strain comes, in the grinder it smells like lemon ice cream, and is a lovely around hit.
View attachment 950332
Super Lemon Haze. One and a half gallons. Beware of trimmers, they smoke a lot while they work. lol So if some of the jars look a little pilfered, that's because they were. lol
View attachment 950333

The Gorilla Variant. Not as big a finished bud as I thought, but a good smoke all the same, a little fruity in the grinder, but more of a standard Indica smell, taste and smoke. We'll see which is the favourite smoke of the trimmers by which jar gets raided the most. lol
View attachment 950334

Only 3/4 of a gallon for the Gorilla, thought it would fill at least one jar.
View attachment 950336

The Bubblelicious, does taste a little like a Bazooka Joe, a very powdery sweetie smell and taste. One to try if you've not grown one before, good producer.
View attachment 950337

Good producer, 2 gallons jarred.
View attachment 950338

And we now arrive at a favourite of mine, The Juan Herer. Don't know anything about it's make up, or how it's bread, but it's a good smoke for pain, and has an unusual smell of desil and mixed herbs?
View attachment 950339

One and a half gallons from the Juan Herer. 🙂
View attachment 950340

The Purple Bud. A nice flowery taste to this strain, with a middle of the road hit. Still worth the effort.
View attachment 950341

Another good producer at one and a half gallons.
View attachment 950342

Aurora Indica. Another nice indica with a good solid indica taste, good hit too, not a good strain if you like converstion though. lol
View attachment 950345

Yet another good producer, 2 gallons in a 2 gallon jar, lovely jubbly.
View attachment 950346

And a group shot of the jarred, ready to cure buds.😎
View attachment 950347

And that's this round rubber stamped and filed.
Got five plants to put into flower next, they're a bit rough looking, so you'll have to bare with me until I get them spun round. It's the downside to over runs.
All in all it's been a good round, totally blew my last grow away, so 9 and a quarter to beat this next run with only 5 rough looking plants? We'll have to see what happens next week, so until then, keep tokin folks.👍

pilfer...lol, like to pilfer my jars as well, nice finish line brother , props~

chemistry

chemistry

Not my favourite job, but it seems to keep the Spider Mites away, so makes it worth while, ding ding, two coats on.
20200307 162843

Extraction fan removed, cleaned, and painted round. Just got to do the re-wiring after the paint dries, and we should be back at it next week. 😎
20200307 162902

It's Sunday, time to kick back and relax, take it easy folks. 👍

chemistry

chemistry

Yo tokers and growers, hope your all in fine spirit amidst this weird world lockdown. Got the next run potted up, give them a week and they'll bounce back. (maybe)
This is the new five to play with, and you can see, my veg space is okay for some things, but veg cuttings that run over by two months wont fare well, as you can see. lol

Top right corners is a Sticky Fingers from Seedstockers.com Under that is a Zkittles fem(1) from Original Sensible Seeds, got two of these gifted, so planted both. 🙂
1234 6

Next up is a Dr Underground strain, don't know which one until it grows on a bit, as the seeds came mixed, so you only see what you have when it's got some good leaves on it, then you just look at the pix on the packet to match up your plant, a dollar says it looks nothing like the packet, but we'll see.😉
1234 8

The other Zkittles (2) top left.
1234 9

And a group shot of the 5, you can see the other strain, which is an Amnesia Lemon from Barney’s Farm in the middle.
1234 10

The more I look at these plants, the more I fancy this grow. I have to say the plants look better now their in. lol Right, that's it until next week, giving the plants a chance to settle into their new feed routine and the MH light, their on 16/8, up to the plants to fill the net and we should be sound.
Keep toking folks, and above all stay safe. 😉

chemistry

chemistry

Yo G's n T's, not a lot to report this week, still in veg, just gave the plants a week to see if they're worth the effort or not, was going to plant some more seeds and go from there, but these 5 have picked up a little under the MH, so I'm going with these. 🙂 They look a bit ravaged, but they'll bounce back.

From this.
12345 2

To this. lol
12345 3

Top left pot is a Zkittles(1) Bottom left is a Dr Underground from a mixed pack of 4. In the middle is an Amnesia Lemon. Top right is a Sticky Fingers, not doing as well as the others, don't know why, will give it another week, and if it's no better it will be replaced by the Amnesia Lemon from the middle to give it more space. And that is that for this update, by next week we'll know where we are. I'm keen to get these five flowered out so I can get back to growing from seed to flower, due to the last grows overrunning by 6 weeks or more, so see you all next week, stay safe people. 👍

chemistry

chemistry

Hi there T n G's, things are looking up, new growth and some good colour coming through the 5 rough plants, Sticky Fingers is still a bit weird, not sure if it's going to make it, but we'll see. The other four plants are fine. Here's a couple of pix of the plants.

Looking green on one side, but let down on the right by the yellowish Sticky Fingers, it's the only one showing this way.
20200329 195639

👍
Different angle.
20200329 195646

Some nice new scrog growth coming through, might flip next week if this carries on.
20200329 195658

A quick vid, you can see the Sticky Fingers struggling in the right hand top corner, seems to be pulling through, but it has a struggle on it's hands, but it's trying.

And that's it for now, hope to be in flower next week, until then, stay happy, and keep your wits about you. 👍

chemistry

chemistry

Yo, just put some trim through the bubble buckets, just some I found in a bucket, put to one side to do later and forgotten. lol Was going to compost it all, but decided to bubble it, after all, it was a nice day to sit and stir. lol All in all I had around two ounces in the finish, from around4 gallons of trim, it went like this.
I like to flush the trim into buckets, then strain the water.
20200405 114454

And down to two buckets.
20200405 115033

And then down to one.
20200405 111556

And welllllaahhhhh!
20200405 191525

Looks like some of the hash has been pilfered. lol
Keep tokin folks. 👍

chemistry

chemistry

Yo T n G's, decided to flip and get this round out of the way, I don't expect it to go with out a hitch, and a couple of the plants look like males, we'll see next week when the plants show.
So other than that the plants are going for it, green and mean. 🙂 Anyway, here's a couple of pix.

Good canopy.
20200404 194329

The Sticky Fingers is still struggling, don't know why? It is growing as fast as the other 4 plants, just has a weird Cal/Mag look about it, but it's not Cal/Mag.
20200404 194338

Anyway, the 4 other plants are doing well, with no defs. And that's it, not a lot to report, so see you next week to see what develops, until then, keep tokin folks.

chemistry

chemistry

Yo T n G's, howz it dangling? Wow, that week went fast, and did have it's problems. 😡 And would you believe it, both my fem Zkittles are males, aahhhhhhh! was looking forward to a toke on this. 🤬 Anyway, two down, three left, Amnesia Lemon, Dr Underground, and the blighted Sticky Fingers, which still is weird, I'd dump it, but I've nothing to take it's place, as I'm all seeds next round, just for a change. 🙂

This is one of the male Zkittles(1)
20200405 200916

So both Zkittles were gone, bar one branch? I gave it a couple more days to ripen, then cut it down, stuck it in a flower vase until the flowers open.
20200405 202208

This is the strongest female plant I have in flower at the minute, the Dr Underground, which is in week 2 of flower, and will receive some pollen when
the flowers open on the male.
20200412 181122

The Amnesia Lemon is doing ok, not a bushy plant, but quite an open plant really, you watch, next week it will become thick jungle. lol
20200412 181131

And the Sticky Fingers, which is trying, but it is not enjoying life, it's had the same as the others, but it just won't settle down. lol I'ts growing as fast as
the others, just bad looking leaves, checked it for pests under a microscope, but nothing. If it produces a bit of smoke fine, if it produces a lot of smoke,
then power to it, but I'm not holding my breath. lol

20200412 181140

So that's where I'm at, swings and roudabouts. Would be nice to wind up with some seeds, not a total loss then, but we'll see.
See you next week, keep tokin folks. 👍

chemistry

chemistry

Yo people, hope your all hunky dory. This week ends week 2 in flower and we move on to week three, the 3 plants left after losing the 2 Zkittles, as they turned out to be chunky lads, are doing well. The best of the bunch seems to be the Dr Underground, it's well on it's way to producing some nice buds. 😎 So the DU became the donor for my pollen collection from the male Zkittles, and if it produces seeds, then I'll run them a couple at a time and see how they turn out, some will be male, so we'll see how it pans out. Back to the present.

This is the pollen from the male Zkittles.
20200416 103425

And this is the Dr Underground bud that's been pollenated, I dusted the top 3 buds, and it's bee marked with the pipe cleaner.
20200416 183454

Side view of the Dr Underground, bushy plant.
20200412 181148

Sorry for the lack of pix, just got a new camera, and it'a above me at the minute. lol But I've got all day to get the better of it, so now you know what I'm doing this afternoon. 🙂 The Amnesia Lemon has a nice smell, looking forward to blazing this, as I'm rather partial to a lemon strain, lovely. 😎 The Sticky Fingers is still weird, but it's taller than the other plants by a foot, starting to wonder if it contains a high level of Sativa in it's make up, this would explain why it's not doing as well, it may need growing with a full set of Sativa doms to get it's proper feed rate, but if it produces any thing smokeable, then it's all good. And that's a wrap for this update, into week three we go, see you all next week for another thrilling episode.
Keep tokin folks. 👍

RustyHillbilly

RustyHillbilly

Yo people, hope your all hunky dory. This week ends week 2 in flower and we move on to week three, the 3 plants left after losing the 2 Zkittles, as they turned out to be chunky lads, are doing well. The best of the bunch seems to be the Dr Underground, it's well on it's way to producing some nice buds. 😎 So the DU became the donor for my pollen collection from the male Zkittles, and if it produces seeds, then I'll run them a couple at a time and see how they turn out, some will be male, so we'll see how it pans out. Back to the present.

This is the pollen from the male Zkittles.
View attachment 965826

And this is the Dr Underground bud that's been pollenated, I dusted the top 3 buds, and it's bee marked with the pipe cleaner.
View attachment 965827

Side view of the Dr Underground, bushy plant.
View attachment 965831

Sorry for the lack of pix, just got a new camera, and it'a above me at the minute. lol But I've got all day to get the better of it, so now you know what I'm doing this afternoon. 🙂 The Amnesia Lemon has a nice smell, looking forward to blazing this, as I'm rather partial to a lemon strain, lovely. 😎 The Sticky Fingers is still weird, but it's taller than the other plants by a foot, starting to wonder if it contains a high level of Sativa in it's make up, this would explain why it's not doing as well, it may need growing with a full set of Sativa doms to get it's proper feed rate, but if it produces any thing smokeable, then it's all good. And that's a wrap for this update, into week three we go, see you all next week for another thrilling episode.
Keep tokin folks. 👍

nice, lookin Fire in here bro, hope all good ur way ~

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
nice, lookin Fire in here bro, hope all good ur way ~

All good down here... Still working from home, and staying in as much as possible. I will have to take a trip to the church of "Home Depot" because I have built up such a list of things i need to work on the real garden outside and getting the watering system online, as the sun is about to get REAL ugly around here.

I have my "V-vendetta " mask so that I stay safe and legal.

Peace, Safety & Good Health to all!! Party inside and smoke more weed !! 🍻 🥂 🥳 A LOT MORE..

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
Sorry for the lack of pix, just got a new camera, and it'a above me at the minute. lol But I've got all day to get the better of it, so now you know what I'm doing this afternoon. 🙂 T...

Try setting your white balance to tungsten "the light bulb" icon usually. That should help you out considerably. 😉

Good Luck! Happy Shooting & Happy Growing! The good life..

chemistry

chemistry

Try setting your white balance to tungsten "the light bulb" icon usually. That should help you out considerably. 😉

Good Luck! Happy Shooting & Happy Growing! The good life..

Will give it a go, thanks. 👍 It's a little eerie on the streets today, we just had 3 flu deaths on our street, all three I've known for over 20 years. People are starting to freak out now it's become real.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom