Small scale vert worth it?

• Thread starter donmekka
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
donmekka

donmekka

Getting ready to set my new spot up and torn between beds or vert.I know beds and feel comfortable with them,however I have been checking you vert guys out and you're just killing it. But it seems lots of you guys are running 10k+ worth of lights ...I don't have that option but can do around 4k watts . Can i pull off a successful crop with only 4k watts? The new spot only has 8'' ceiling so I am thinking something like the wall of dank but not quite sure how to pull it off should I double stack 600's or 1000's and how wide should the room be? I might just run one room vert and one room beds and see what i am better at.

justanotherbozo

justanotherbozo

if i had the power capacity where i rent i'd run stacked 600's in 4 separate tents, that way i could run them on flipflops so you'd actually be running 2400watts at a time, ...i do this on a much smaller scale with 2 separate 4 x 4 spaces around single 600s and that allows me to run 2 separate bloom rooms on a single ballast.

DSCN0322

...btw, i grow 8 plants per room in 6liter coco hempy buckets and i feed KISS style with Jack's Pro hydro.

peace, bozo

justanotherbozo

justanotherbozo

they get to be somewhere between 5 and 6 foot and yield about 2zipz per plant, strain dependent, ...i do this for my head so i only run stuff i like to consume and many of the variety's i like are mediocre yielders, i do have one nice one that does around 3+zipz per but i also like variety so i never monocrop.

...anyway, the beauty of the whole thing is how easy it is to run, absolutely no drama although i have to admit there would be more drama if it weren't for my grobro and is young eyes, ...you know we get mites in this hobby from time to time and he always spots them before i do, lol.

peace, bozo

Desertboy

Desertboy

I regularly take 40oz off 1 600w with 36 plants and 4 days veg, it's not for everyone but my g/kwh pisses all over the tree growers with air cons and dehumidifiers running and one grow every 18 months more than offsets the high plant numbers with severely reduced risk for the other 15 months due to not having any plants.

2g's per watt is only really possible in a good vert I've never seen a tree grow that counts as 2g's per watt as they always have 40% of the total lighting wattage in air conditioning which people conveniently forget.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Don,I ohnestly know little to nothing about vert but i have read @Capulator say before that 5 1ks with 4 trees in a 10x10 or something along those lines would work.I beleive the wall of dank is something he devised to increase his yield and as insurance since he is in water and is just ancillary to his tree grow.I beleive he'll chime in when he sees this now.

donmekka

donmekka

Thanks Fishwhistle yes i have read about the wall of dank and considering possibly going that route. Thinking of going double staked 600's and 2 tiers of plants so i would not have to veg as long. The one thing that concerns me with room design is how close can I get a plant to a bare bulb without burning it Maybe Cap could give some insight here.

Desertboy

Desertboy

Thanks Fishwhistle yes i have read about the wall of dank and considering possibly going that route. Thinking of going double staked 600's and 2 tiers of plants so i would not have to veg as long. The one thing that concerns me with room design is how close can I get a plant to a bare bulb without burning it Maybe Cap could give some insight here.

I find 15" is the sweet spot for 600w HPS

justanotherbozo

justanotherbozo

I find 15" is the sweet spot for 600w HPS
if you have good circulation, especially below the bulb then you can get even closer than that, here's a couple pics of my 600 to illustrate how close mine come to my bulb.

DSCN0216

DSCN0253

...i will say though that i'm pretty lackadaisical in my approach so i do sometimes see minor damage from being too close.

peace, bozo

Gamrstwin36

Gamrstwin36

if you have good circulation, especially below the bulb then you can get even closer than that, here's a couple pics of my 600 to illustrate how close mine come to my bulb.

View attachment 385503

View attachment 385504

...i will say though that i'm pretty lackadaisical in my approach so i do sometimes see minor damage from being too close.

peace, bozo

I have basically the exactly same setup. Thinking of double stacking 600s as well . Imo environment control is easier and i haven't had larf at all. I just think Vert has Endless possibilities. Love your efficiency Bozo!
Respect

donmekka

donmekka

The yellow tubes represent double stack 600's. Just think i need a little more room behind the plants for maintenance.

waayne

waayne

I have basically the exactly same setup. Thinking of double stacking 600s as well . Imo environment control is easier and i haven't had larf at all. I just think Vert has Endless possibilities. Love your efficiency Bozo!
Respect
I agree Gamrstwin

Once I added verts,I saw my larf pretty much disappear,even on large tree style plants

sometimes I will reduce the power on my 1000 watt HPS verts back to 600 or 750 watts,depending on how full my flower room is
set at 600 watts I can let branches get within less than a foot of the bare bulb ,with no issues

Gamrstwin36

Gamrstwin36

I agree Gamrstwin

Once I added verts,I saw my larf pretty much disappear,even on large tree style plants

sometimes I will reduce the power on my 1000 watt HPS verts back to 600 or 750 watts,depending on how full my flower room is
set at 600 watts I can let branches get within less than a foot of the bare bulb ,with no issues

Yessir Waayne!! Im scheming on utilizing as little space as possible, to eventually grow 4-6 trees vert style. May have to pick your brain for serious tips . Thinking with a perpetual style ,vert ona shelf, two zones upper and lower . I may get there eventually.
Respect! !

namedul

namedul

i have 6 plants in a 11x8
4x1000w solistek ballast
4x splits to run 8 600w on solis boost
2 ton mini split 1 50pint dehu 1x70pint dehu 8xfloor fans 3x osculating fans 1x 8in max fan 1x 8in vortex
i have about 44inch centers? 4 week veg straight from cloner. and im praying that i get 2g a watt :P doubt it though

Latest posts

Top Bottom