Small scale vert worth it?

• Thread starter donmekka
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
justanotherbozo

justanotherbozo

...i started out growing a high-density micro-SOG with 55x 1liter 'pots' and i ran that for close to 4 years and i'm glad i did it because i learned a LOT in that time.

...but it was an enormous amount of labor and my house always reeked of weed, now i grow 8 plants per cycle and while they are not trees, they are many times larger that my older plants that yield maybe 10 times as much for 10% of the labor.

...i'm also still runnig a 'SOG' if you will in that instead of harvesting 10 plantlets every 2 weeks i now harvest 8 plants every 9 weeks, i believe what qualifies it as a 'SOG' is that i always have another set ready to begin the new cycle on the day i harvey the last so still a never ending sea of bud. ...one of the things that this means though is that my house no longer has that permanent reek of weed but instead it only stinks for about 2 weeks every couple months.

...so phuck yeah, trees all the way!

peace, bozo

justanotherbozo

justanotherbozo

@justanotherbozo you ever thought of using a umbrella hood? Does help a lot
...i don't know how i missed answering this bro but i apologize.

anyway, yeah, i've thought about it but i'm a lazy phuck by nature and a swamp yankee at heart so spending money on things i don't need goes against my 'grain' if you know what i mean.

that's not to say that adding a parabolic reflector like yours wouldn't possibly increase my yields, just that i'm satisfied with things as they are. ...everything about my op is simple and easy and cheap, lol.

peace, bozo

Wavegem

Wavegem

7.49 cents I just applied I was paying 8.8 gonna save 200 hundred a month lol

cannapits

cannapits

Original Swamp Fam
Supporter
Getting ready to set my new spot up and torn between beds or vert.I know beds and feel comfortable with them,however I have been checking you vert guys out and you're just killing it. But it seems lots of you guys are running 10k+ worth of lights ...I don't have that option but can do around 4k watts . Can i pull off a successful crop with only 4k watts? The new spot only has 8'' ceiling so I am thinking something like the wall of dank but not quite sure how to pull it off should I double stack 600's or 1000's and how wide should the room be? I might just run one room vert and one room beds and see what i am better at.

I ran a stadium with 5 tiers per side on castors. 3k in lights on a mover. since the bulbs were always moving I could get them pretty close. each row held 10 3 gallon pots. room was 10 x 12 with 7 foot ceiling. system produced 2lb plus per light. and that was with multi strains. could have been better mono cropping. best system I ever ran. I love vert.

Stadium bare
Stadium pots
Stadium full

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
I ran a stadium with 5 tiers per side on castors. 3k in lights on a mover. since the bulbs were always moving I could get them pretty close. each row held 10 3 gallon pots. room was 10 x 12 with 7 foot ceiling. system produced 2lb plus per light. and that was with multi strains. could have been better mono cropping. best system I ever ran. I love vert.

View attachment 386977 View attachment 386978 View attachment 386979

This is really nice. How tall were you flipping? I would say 6-10"?

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
@ wavegem sorry man but I have to ask: how much is your monthly bill?

cannapits

cannapits

Original Swamp Fam
Supporter
This is really nice. How tall were you flipping? I would say 6-10"?

yeah about 8 inches to 12inches max. but I bushed them out using lst to fill the space of the 3 gallon pot. didnt get much stretch cause of the lighting. cost me about 300 to build. used fiberglass resin to water proof it. I gave the pots a half turn every other day and moved them from shelf to shelf when needed. test run was in soil but I did run it as hydro as well. loved that spot. 3k and window shaker in that room. 2k over tables in other room with window shaker. 200 bucks a month for power.

Desertboy

Desertboy

In the UK try 22c per kwh you guys just don't know good you really get it, cheap fags, fuel and leccy and if you not happy you can get a gun and shoot your neighbours I'm so jealous lol.

Desertboy

Desertboy

when I did a tree grow I used an aquafarm I converted to a baby MPB I grew 1 plant out with 2 600w on the 1 plant. I had a chiller to control reservoir temps when I first yielded I thought I did 1.8g/w but when I factored the chiller in it dropped to 1.2g/w
Looks like someone decided to make some money off HR's designs. Glad to see people want to pay for quality. I have pics of a 4x4 on top of my tanks. though for that money it would be in the 50 gal range with some cool things inside. JK

Never heard of HR over here in the UK but I spoke to the guy who designed it he told me he built it originally for tomatoes and cucumbers in the back garden all his own design. It was only when he got a wholesaler interested did he adapt it for artificial lighting on their suggestion he told me he'd never even heard of hps or grow tents until he met the wholesaler.

I suspect I'm more worried about the environment than most of you but I do drive a 5.7l 70's Camaro which does 4 miles per litre lol so I'm also the worst offender :)

BUT the worse offender with a cool car :)

I'm very tempted to try growing a few plants out in the tomato mode to reduce plant numbers but I feel the HPS mode is going to yield considerably better.

2013 08 09 095253
Photo0078
Last edited:
J

Jalisco Kid

when I did a tree grow I used an aquafarm I converted to a baby MPB I grew 1 plant out with 2 600w on the 1 plant. I had a chiller to control reservoir temps when I first yielded I thought I did 1.8g/w but when I factored the chiller in it dropped to 1.2g/w

Never heard of HR over here in the UK but I spoke to the guy who designed it he told me he built it originally for tomatoes and cucumbers in the back garden all his own design. It was only when he got a wholesaler interested did he adapt it for artificial lighting on their suggestion he told me he'd never even heard of hps or grow tents until he met the wholesaler.

I suspect I'm more worried about the environment than most of you but I do drive a 5.7l 70's Camaro which does 4 miles per litre lol so I'm also the worst offender :)

BUT the worse offender with a cool car :)

I'm very tempted to try growing a few plants out in the tomato mode to reduce plant numbers but I feel the HPS mode is going to yield considerably better.
HR is Heath Robinson, name kinda sounds British. I sure you can google him to check out his designs.

Latest posts

Top Bottom