Small scale vert worth it?

• Thread starter donmekka
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Frostynugman

Frostynugman

The only way to do it well is stadium style like he had it. I have 1 shelf in there right now and Im moving to A/C hood horizontal next time. They are nice if you have low ceilings, but hard to pull weight off if your not set up like a stadium like shown above.. which is baller as fuck.

Frostynugman

Frostynugman

Frostynugman

Frostynugman

yeah about 8 inches to 12inches max. but I bushed them out using lst to fill the space of the 3 gallon pot. didnt get much stretch cause of the lighting. cost me about 300 to build. used fiberglass resin to water proof it. I gave the pots a half turn every other day and moved them from shelf to shelf when needed. test run was in soil but I did run it as hydro as well. loved that spot. 3k and window shaker in that room. 2k over tables in other room with window shaker. 200 bucks a month for power.
so you ran 5k and two a/cs for 200. damn

Desertboy

Desertboy

HR is Heath Robinson, name kinda sounds British. I sure you can google him to check out his designs.

He is a Brit I do know him lol I forgot Heath he built flooded tube vert's the idea are quite similar but the implementation is rather different I really like to see Heath with one of these gives me an idea of what I should be shooting for.

cannapits

cannapits

Original Swamp Fam
Supporter
so you ran 5k and two a/cs for 200. damn

there was no one living at that location. was just the girls. . thanks for the kudos. I got the idea from northern farmer from IC. I just tweaked it a bit by using light movers and castors.

Frostynugman

Frostynugman

there was no one living at that location. was just the girls. . thanks for the kudos. I got the idea from northern farmer from IC. I just tweaked it a bit by using light movers and castors.
Yeah Very Cool Indeed

potter007

potter007

Honestly brother and I did this over a 3 year period, same location, the only thing that changed is yeilds as i got better at dialing in my system.

I dont know how neat you are trying to keep it, and or if your already have materials you want to use. But my suggestion would be a 3 - 4 tier VERTICAL stadium. Thats if #s is not a issue. and depending on room size you can run 3 - 4k..

**I suggest 4, but i did start out with only 3 and had great results. I actually added a 4th because I didnt run Co2. Circulation, Ventilation and plant size or key factor in this set up.

now as far as how many girl you put on each stadim is up too you and your numbers. I ran a SOG, plants switches at 6 inches.. about 7-12 day veg, 14 in the later years of my mothers(stress, etc keep your mothers healthy). I had 18 girls per row on average in 1 gal smart pots or grow bags(Top Shelf girls get 1g smartpots, lmao).. straight popsicles..

as far as numbers, use your imagination lol. 4 lights, 144 girls, 14gs per plant(avg), EQUALS....
and that was just 1 of 2 rooms. I did this in a 3 bedroom house, I slept in the den on a pull out couch. lol whole house had tile floor so clean up and keeping the temps were a breeze. Never had one problem with law enforcement. This was in Texas in a not so good neighborhood. They had a drug task force for that area specifically but they were looking for Crack. lol It was crack infested. I had kids set a car on fire at 3:30 in the morning, the tree it was under caught flames too. I had a kid in high school who thought he was a DJ,and everyday after school he would turn his equipment to full power, and play 2 Chains song "Bad Bitches" with his 70 year old grandpa sitting next to him drinking brews. I had a special unit Suburban K-9 unit park 2 houses from me 4 out of 7 days a week. Not a squad cruiser or squad tahoe it had drug enforcement on it.(again looking for crack lol) Domestic disputes,etc but never nothing about my house. lol Didnt know body know. Not my best friends etc. Keep it hushed and remeber you have 16 plus states you can say you getting the most potent smoke from.. Be creative..

oh and call bullshit if you want too, but i didnt have a carbon scrubber.. i dint even have heat or hot water, the hot water heater was not even fired up for that matter(yes i took cold showers, until i got smart and stared warming it up).. lmfao they took my water meter
**(i dont advise you to do that, get heat if you are going to stay there. the homeowner was notified that they picked up the meter) it wasnt a factor.. stay in control of every situation. Remember if you dont get your way, then you may be gone away for a long time. So put yourself in every situation to get your way.. lol(the selfish life of growing in a red state)

anyways I USED ONA buckets, 3 - 5 gallons(carbon scrubber probably cheaper than replacing ONA imo, but i couldnt cut holes etc, i was renting). i took one of the buckets and put it in several smaller buckets or cups, bowls, etc. Then i proceeded to place this shit every where. Behind couches, in cabinets, closets, drawers, in trash can by the door, in my attached garage, AND A MUST IS THE A/C VENTs(remove the screens/covers and put those bowls/cups in there too.. and do it liberally)

i have also did this way wi 10 - 15 and grew 16-18 inch smaller bushes instead. It worked but found the girls packed on more when it was just a main cola and competition for space.. pack them sweet ladies.. Use grow bags or soft bags, pots will not work.. i did have to manipulate and smash bag together at times. lol

( **i have had more time than a few oz plants in this method.. Skunks, Sweet Deep Grapefruit, Rocklock, a old NL#5 x Skunk #1 hybrid labeled ICE.. Critical +(with ease) .. No OGs, or any of my Top Shelfs ever did it(Holy Grail Kush, Blueberry Headband, Trinity Kush, LA Affie, Tahoe OG, and Kandy Kush .. which is what took over the rooms after the 1st harvest.

oh and if numbers are a issue try to find some Heath Robinson threads.. it will change your out look on indoor growing. but thats only if money isnt a problem for you, like it is to me.. There brilliant systems and examples but its costly, got to have your shit together you want to be on 'Ole Heaths level.

Stay safe, rebel, and free.. Blessings and Happy New Year to you and any other pair of eyes that grace this thread. sorry for the book too, and mean no DISRESPECT..

Desertboy

Desertboy

DSC00052
DSC00089

Verticals can definetly be a lot of fun and they don't have to be crazy plant numbers or crazy expensive.

Last edited:
Top Bottom