Smart Pots?

• Thread starter zooted
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

TwoCreeks

I've not used smart pots, but will be soon. My hydro store folks told me that you can expect maybe 4 uses out of them.

N

noone88

I use smart pots for my mothers. Have reused some 3-4 times by now. The outsides will form a salt deposit which you can remove easily with any method of cleaning (light vinegar bath, etc).

R

revolutionseeds

Premium Member
Supporter
They rock...check out my pics.

F

Fred

Premium Member
Supporter
If they can be be re-used for a few times or more then i'm in. I will pick some up next time and see if my girls like em.

Z

zooted

the company says they last a lot longer than four times...but I could see them tearing up with a washing machine not a light wash as mentioned above

M

mrdizzle

I dont see why they would ever go bad. when you harvest, a dry medium pulls right out and there is just a little coco or whatever on the inside. just spray them with a hose, then mist with H2O2 and your good to go. I think they are great. the root ball is sick, you dont see any, until you break it apart and see the web of roots.

we are setting up my girls house with smartpots, 90%perlite 10%coco, pretty much constant drip feed. I have a gut feeling its going to be intense

S

Skunkenstein

Ive been using the Fabric smart pots for 3yrs..indoors and out.They are the shit..You can reuse them over and over and over..They will get a Calcium Precipitate crustyness build up on the outside after a couple uses..no biggy..Just wash em in a mild vinegar solution..In a good set-up you should be able to pull an extra Oz. vs a Plastic container of the same size...Locally, anyone who knows their Business is using them!!

P

pure arghan

trying out some fibeir pots

Has anyone had any luck with these fabric containers? They seem like they would help build a much larger root base. As well as keep temps down and promote air pruning.

I currently have many in my garden and will be employing them in my medical garden as well for a deffinative test.

im trying out 12 fibeir pots at the mo, they are 12 of my own grown seeds cos didnt want to risk the £120 10 pack's that i get from the dam, the idea behind these fibeir pots is that you just plant pot and all, meaning that you dont destureb the roots, the only thing that i have heard about these pots is that they take to long to break down, not letting the roots though? dont know, i have the pots down for the last 2 weeks, there only 5cm pots and should need replanted in an outher 2 weeks, will let you know how they go, good luck with all youer grow's :rasta2:

S

sirsmokealot

C.A.P. came out with their own version of the smart pot called a "Gro Pot" They are taller and not as wide as the smart pots but they have little handles on the side and were cheaper by about 50 cents per bag. So far I love them, they do dry out fast but it seems like the entire pot dries evenly instead of just the top layer being dry. Only thing i don't like is when you water them some of the water will leak thru the side of the bag and onto the ground. Just means you have to water them slowly.

D

Dan K

bringing this topic back up....

i start off seedlings in jiffy #4, then go to a 1 gallon, transfer to a 3 gallon, 5 to sometimes 7..

would i start the same way slowly graduating to a 7 gallon smart pot, or would i cut a couple steps out of it??? i've read that you don't have to up pot as much due to root mass receiving mad air...

also, is it hard to transfer to a bigger pot???

they seem crazy expensive compared to plastic, but i've been reading studies that make this a worthy investment...

Z

zoeronerer

there is a diy smart pot thread on here some wer .... made them out of army blankets ..or the correct kind of greenhouse or weed abatement cloth...

if your worried about the price /

D

Dan K

i found bulk price on ebay... i think i would rather buy them than stich together root cloth... i'm not much on sewing:)

waayne

waayne

I really like the results I have been getting from my smart pots
Everything I put in them out performs their counterparts grown in conventional cotainers,not by alot,but the smartpots always produce a little more yield!

BlackBart

BlackBart

Do you know if those root pots come in different sizes Manicgrower ?

C

Cloud 99

Has anyone heard of Growpots? i recently came across them while looking for cheaper
Airpots.They're similar to the smartpots but they have a handle sown in.heres a link
oh and they about 30 bucks american for a 10 pack of 3 gallon pots and they do have other sizes and singles

true grit

true grit

Manic bro, I should just ask you questions when I got em bro, you are the answer man my friend. I was just bout to drop dough on smart pots like tomorrow....and my local shop is a big Roots distributor... sweet bro. You rock once again, perhaps 10g it is now...

D

Dan K

manic thanx!!! i wish like hell i had a local that sells the entire aurora line... in 2 weeks i have to make a trip a couple states over for family stuff, i'll visit their local and pick some up in bulk... they are half the price made of recycled material and biodegradeable... way more of a conscious choice for sure...

Top Bottom