Smart Pots?

• Thread starter zooted
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

TreFarmer

300 gal smart pots... 90 NorGoo ...5.5 lbs. avg. Tri Co NorCal

300 gallon This is half way down the green house.
Photo
So, smart pots are great!!! :harvest:

P

pure arghan

not for me

im trying out 12 fibeir pots at the mo, they are 12 of my own grown seeds cos didnt want to risk the £120 10 pack's that i get from the dam, the idea behind these fibeir pots is that you just plant pot and all, meaning that you dont destureb the roots, the only thing that i have heard about these pots is that they take to long to break down, not letting the roots though? dont know, i have the pots down for the last 2 weeks, there only 5cm pots and should need replanted in an outher 2 weeks, will let you know how they go, good luck with all youer grow's :rasta2:

have try'd theses pots out and have found that it stomped the growth of the plants when i used them, i got mine out of b&Q and thought they where crap to be honest but saying that they might just not sute my setup?
i grow in soil.
the best thing iv ever seen and use to this day and always will, it's an airofarm, i got this out of my local grow shop, it has 12 holes for 12 plants but there was room for 2 more so cut them out and now have 14.
the airo farm work's like hydro but difrent, you have a tray on which your plants sit, hanging them over water, there is a pump that spinkels water over the stock of the plants.
it takes me usaly 2 weeks from there cut till they have enough roots for potting, to get the same amont of roots in soil used to take me 4 to 5 weeks.
this has to be the best bit of kit iv ever bought, it only cost me £40 and that was me buying a heater for it( the same as a heater for a fish tank, it cost £10 and i wish i never bought the heater as this dose not help grow roots.
good tip if you use one of these: never put a heater into the water, this will slow down the growth of root's, have heard of alot of grow shops tilling pep's to use a heater with the farm but they only want that extra £10 or wotever they charge, trust me on this a heater will slow growth of root's, iv been bringing up clones all winter and have no problem, even when my veg room where i clone was sitting at 1dgree( outside -15 ) .
owe and never put any feed into the water, this will give you problems with mildue and funges, just keep it rain or tap water only but the best water to use is old water out of your fishtank if you have one, ie if you have a fish tank that is fresh water (not salt water ) when you do your monthly water change, keep the water and put this into your airo farm and then change when you change your fish water every month or so, a outher tip for this is to put a small plecko fish into the water as this fish will clean the water tank for you and wont eat your roots when they grow into the water.
hope this helps and good luck with all your grow's :harvest:

Top Bottom