Smells Of The Plant Anyone??

• Thread starter Crops
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Crops

Crops

Been trying to search for information about this ....not sure if I've done something wrong At the start of the grow the plants smell really strong and now two weeks into flower there not much aroma to them :speechless: Or will it get better towards the end it's the first grow and think I've done tex book things right so why is there no aroma : was wondering first is it just the strain purpleTrainwreck ...not seen much info on this

BudBogart

BudBogart

Been trying to search for information about this ....not sure if I've done something wrong At the start of the grow the plants smell really strong and now two weeks into flower there not much aroma to them :speechless: Or will it get better towards the end it's the first grow and think I've done tex book things right so why is there no aroma : was wondering first is it just the strain purpleTrainwreck ...not seen much info on this
If it's inside, you could be coming used to the smell. If it's outside, there are several factors that make a plant release fragrance at a particular time like light, heat, humidity. I don't think you have any problem.

xenon730

xenon730

Smell definitely comes and goes in waves but there are a few noticeable patterns. Generally early and late flower plants smell the strongest. One of the biggest differences in letting your plant properly ripen is aroma. They seem to stink just before and just after ripening. They also naturally smell less after being in light for longer periods. You will notice that your plants stink more in the morning/lights on and less before lights off. Check it out.

Dunge

Dunge

Try this:
Touch a flower with the tip of a finger.
Place the finger directly to a nostril and sniff.
Use a clean finger tip for each sample.

I find it hard to smell my plants when I am working with them.
My nose "fatigues" or habituates very quickly.

Can we get a picture of what you are smelling please?

Crops

Crops

If it's inside, you could be coming used to the smell. If it's outside, there are several factors that make a plant release fragrance at a particular time like light, heat, humidity. I don't think you have any problem.
Ha ha thanks man hope your right ;)

Crops

Crops

Smell definitely comes and goes in waves but there are a few noticeable patterns. Generally early and late flower plants smell the strongest. One of the biggest differences in letting your plant properly ripen is aroma. They seem to stink just before and just after ripening. They also naturally smell less after being in light for longer periods. You will notice that your plants stink more in the morning/lights on and less before lights off. Check it out.
Yeh I never really noticed but it's def oh something to look up ...I'll see if the pattern changes when we switch the lights on Later :)

Crops

Crops

:D:D
Try this:
Touch a flower with the tip of a finger.
Place the finger directly to a nostril and sniff.
Use a clean finger tip for each sample.

I find it hard to smell my plants when I am working with them.
My nose "fatigues" or habituates very quickly.

Can we get a picture of what you are smelling please?
Yes man I'll get some pics flowers From the top of her or all over

xenon730

xenon730

Yeh I never really noticed but it's def oh something to look up ...I'll see if the pattern changes when we switch the lights on Later :)
Lights on = stinky, lights off = not stinky. Longer in dark = stinkier. The theory is that the light breaks down terpenes over the day and they are at peak amount after dark.

Latest posts

Top Bottom