SMF starts over...a growing experience

• Thread starter Skunkmasterflex
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ohiofarmer

Ohiofarmer

Looks like your change in grow style is matching your change in consciousness. If the strain your running likes to strech i would definatly do 5 girls per light in 7 gals, otherwise i would do 9 per light in 3.5 gals, just sayin from experience. Also if your tryin to go more organic i suggest gettin the 7 foot tents and propin your girls up in a tray of some sort so you can really give em a good flush at the end. Hope all is well man, or at least gettin better

A

A-Roe

Good shit Skunk, I got two 5x10 flowering tents with 2 1000 in adjust-a-wings, in the winter time the incoming air is cold enough to run the tents without a/c but in the summer it's going to be needed vented hoods or not. And trying to do a perpetual garden is going to be hell if you're looking to get great numbers. For the past three runs i've been hitting 4lb+ a tent and that's running seed plants mixed in with clones maybe 18 to 25 plants a tent depending on pot size but I intend to hit 6-8 my next round mono-crop. Good luck with your grow homie, as long as you dont lose your freedom you can always gain everything back!

manicgrower

manicgrower

Premium Member
Supporter
Great to hear about the whole new outlook. I just recently decided the same thing(including going sober). Its easy to get mixed up in the whole cut/strain fiasco. After a while its starts to become more about growing strains than it is about the actual art of growing. Which is backwards Ive come to realize. Wish you nothing but the best and am very happy about this new direction!

ttystikk

ttystikk

I recently made a little discovery/had an epiphany about scheduling in perpetual grows; first, it's not news to suggest that running just one strain per batch is desirable- but how to coordinate a veg and two rooms with differing strains, especially if they have significantly different flowering times?

I run a four way perpetual, so staying on schedule is a must. Since every room gets 64 days, it came to me that if one strain needs all of them and another only needs 55, then why not run a veg schedule for the short cycle variety for a week or 8 days- this would let them become massive and take full advantage of their short finish time. Most short cycle strains don't stretch much, so this approach would essentially create a stretch phase where none existed before, if my thinking is correct.

This tactic seems to offer benefits over running as usual and chopping them on time, as just letting the room sit dark for a week seems unproductive. The only issue I can see is that with a veg cycle, the room would be using power when it's ordinarily dark, and thus is adding a load to the other half of the flip schedule. I have the headroom, but this certainly could be a concern for those running without much excess capacity.

mancordero

mancordero

good to hear from you skunk. shame about those cuts you lost, but at least you're staying positive..(easy come easy go right?) i'm sure you've got quite a bean collection though... but lemme know if there's ever anything i can do to help out. all the best... also, just curious, which 3 strains survived?

soserthc1

soserthc1

Been there done that and after 25 years of messing with every drug known to man sobriety is much better comes a time when enough is enough and i'm glad you have reached that point , thou weed will never leave my side as some release is always need and we know mj is harmless .... subbed up ....

best of luck
SoSeRthc1

ttystikk

ttystikk

Popping seeds gives so much more satisfaction than clones, it's like ya bond with them like kids :-) he who dares wins so looking forward to watching you win m8

In bold, above. When is the last time the fucking whiners we all know and try to ignore REALLY come up with something special or work to be proud of? I've never seen it, myself.

Skunkmasterflex

Skunkmasterflex

Premium Member
Supporter
Wow! What a response man. Much love on the farm to see a person turn there life in a possitive direction. Makes it much easier to take all the negative that went on and become possitive with it. So for that, thanks all for the love :)

Im gonna reply to each post just wanted to reply to the thread real quick. Tried the other day to reply but I typed so much my TOR program must have logged me out before I could post what I typed hahaha...

Good new is I did go through my trash piles that I coukd identify strains and plants of that I had trashed due to overages before I left everything to my horrible helper.

As far as clone cuts go, I was able to salvage....
Girl scout cookies - forum cut
Triangle kush
Stardawg - a special cut
Platinum cherry pie
Louis xii og
Pre92 bubba kush

Stuff I saved I found from seed....
Ancient og - bodhi
Starfighter x friuty pebble og - smf
Triangle kush x purple urkle - smf
Purple urkle x fruity pebble - smf
Girl scout cookies x alien kush f2 - smf
Girl scout cookies - found in bag of original cut (phenos 1-5)
Starfighter #22 - alien

Seeds being popped....
Larry og x snow lotus - bodhi
Triangle kush x larry f6 - smf
91 Chemdog x larry f6 - smf
Pre98 bubba x larry f6 - smf
92bubba kush x blue dream - smf
Starfighter x fruity pebble (m) - smf
Sour diesel x tahoe alien(m) - smf
Ghost og x girl scout cookies - smf
Ghost og x alien kush f2 (m) - smf

....ill probably go through my bins of seeds again and look for a few sativa dom strains for patients and a few more that yield well. Id like to get maybe my skunk strain line started up again but we shall see bow much space I have after all these get going

Once again thanks everyone for the support :) ill get back to you all soon ~smf~

Skunkmasterflex

Skunkmasterflex

Premium Member
Supporter
Heres a few pictures taken from dried flowers from last run. Last run I dedicated only half my space to seeds I made. Plan to do the whole space this time (with a few added seeds from other breeders as well)
91 Chemdog x larry f6 #14 (from my first round of poppin these)
20131010 121321

ghost og x gsc (what i found from poppin one bean)
20131008 164021

triangle kush x purple urkle #3 (keeper from 3 seeds popped)
20131009 111906

soserthc1

soserthc1

skunk been a question i have been trying to get to the bottom of , maybe you can help been your running f6 beans ... i have read numerous times that taking a strain past f4 looses desired traits - do you find this to be true - i'm thinking no being your running f6's or did the trait from your larry f6 become special ......

nice starting line up ....
SoSerThC1

Top Bottom