Snow Leopard, Goji OG and many more from bodhi genetics (catdaddy's way)

• Thread starter catdaddy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
catdaddy

catdaddy

hey to all that's familiar with sog style type grows, i plan on using 1.5 gals and would like to know how many i can fit in a 4x4 space? thanks in advance.

catdaddy

catdaddy

Those look to be just fungus gnats bro, root aphid flyers have a comoletely different shape of body and wings. Feel lucky bro :) . Sticky traps will help with the flyers, caps bennies will help you get a nice healthy root zone snd can help repel pests, but wont kill the fungus gnats in the zone most likely (get em though, they rock). I use predatory nematodes that eat the fungus gnat/ root aphid/ other soil bug larvae in my soil and coco plants.the species name for the nematodes i use is Steinernema Feltiae and they work awesomely. [qoute/]
what online store carry these? and thanks for the advise, it really took a lot off my mind.

motiv303

motiv303

Amputating Fakeness
Supporter
Catdaddy, both Darthfader and Sox are correct that those items will help prevent fungus gnats from infestingyour plants . However, Once the fungus gnats are already in the soil those measures will not kill them, in my experience at least (i have never used insect frass so i really cant say on that front. DF and Sox, please chime in if you have had a different experience). Once the eggs and larvae are in the soil, the gnats are coming out. For new/future plants both reccomendations are great. Getting the larvae & eggs killed off first is your priority though, unless you want to take clones and start fresh. Nematodes are available all over the net, just google them. I get mine from my local shop , so have never purchased them on line so I can not direct you to an exact website that i have used . Nematodes are probably somewhat more expensive option to other things , but they work . there are multiple ways to combat fungus gnats. you need to make a decision on what will work best for your particular situation , money wise, time wise , etc. just my 2 cents .peace Catdaddy (peace Darth Fader & Sox as well). Laters brothers! Motiv

sox

sox

yeah nematodes work, ive never used em but moskitto dunks are good i hear.
Frass kicked everything out of my garden, but i only had a gnat or two at most...didnt use frass to kill RA last time i had em, i just spectracided, killed everything, and started over...this round i mixed frass in the soil and i dont see anything.
Get Caps bennies though, all 3 packs if you can. Use Frass until the bennies arrive.

motiv303

motiv303

Amputating Fakeness
Supporter
yeah nematodes work, ive never used em but moskitto dunks are good i hear.
Frass kicked everything out of my garden, but i only had a gnat or two at most...didnt use frass to kill RA last time i had em, i just spectracided, killed everything, and started over...this round i mixed frass in the soil and i dont see anything.
Get Caps bennies though, all 3 packs if you can. Use Frass until the bennies arrive.

Agreed 100% , good info Sox! Ill have to try frass as well, i hear a lot of cats talking about it recently. I too had to use spectracide and bayer tree & shrub to kill my RA, so been there done that, unfortunately. Caps bennies kick ass too, just brewed a tea myself. Anyway, back to Catdaddys grow. Sorry to have somewhat hijacked the thread Catdaddy, but i hope you found some of the info from myself and the others useful. Peace homie, cant wait to see how things progress. Later! Motiv

Darth Fader

Darth Fader

Thx for the tips Motiv and Sox. I've never heard of frass before. I'll have to check that out. I already had fungus gnats when I first tried perlite and it did break the cycle as I recall. The mosquito dunks didn't work to well for me.

catdaddy

catdaddy

Day 23 of veg. transplanted and all but #5 has just been fed for the first time.

IMG 1241   Copy
IMG 1242   Copy
IMG 1243   Copy
IMG 1244   Copy
IMG 1245   Copy
IMG 1246   Copy

Goldenrod

Goldenrod

oh my goodness. you are this seed junkies hero. thats a beautiful assortment of bodhi gear there. i going to sit in & watch the show if ya dont mind & dream that those bean pks will someday be in my collection also. looking good so far. dont sweat the p k issues its an easy fix.

soserthc1

soserthc1

cat daddy picked up skunk mag yesterday and they had the details on gojo og - straight from Bodhi himself interesting read so i will post it for you. "- over the years I've worked on various OG Kush projects and some interesting plants have come through, but never the total package. This last year I've been testing a very special OG hybrid called Gojo OG ,named after the bright red sweet and sour Himalayan berry. This OG hybrid has excelled indoors and outside and is truly the total package, incredible full on OG aroma and taste with an undercurrent of tart red berries,black cherry , Hawaiian punch, licorice and alpine strawberries. Its one of the biggest yielding OG's I've ever run that still maintains its effect, aroma, taste, and resin content of a true OG. Improved stature, no more floppy stems , or insane staking required ...grow like an indica-sativa hybrid should, the few people I let run her are dropping everything to pack there room's with this beauty. The cut I ran was found from the first round of three seeds. When I say the potential I ran a bunch more seeds outside to get a better look. The cross is a combination of my Snowlotus male, which is very clear in breeding, I think that's how the magic happened , he just passed the size, power and resin over while keeping all the qualities of the OG kush. The mother is Nepali OG, aka Nepali kush from grass valley that is closest in appearance to the Tahoe . The buy for this cut in the mid 2000's was 20 grand .....lol, I don't know if any cut is worth that much, but it is a very nice OG and makes solid crosses. There three main phenos in the Gojo OG line , a big yielding berry spelling OG totem pole maker of infinite delight, a smaller strawberry pheno that looks like a super frosty OG , and has the super narco high of the Snowlotus with a pure strawberry cream smell, and a black cherry licorice Hawaiian Punch pheno that is somewhere in between the two." :) good luck pheno hunting bro sounds yummy - kinda like the sounds of pheno 2 but hell all three sounds awesome.... mad respect Bodhi.......SoSer.....out

catdaddy

catdaddy

Soser thanks for taking the time to post that info, should give everyone that got a chance to pick these up something to look forward to whenever they decide to crack their pack of Goji's.

here's another update, 2 days after feed, showing how they're starting to really pick up after being fed. here's two pic of each pheno, top view and overall view, displaying their structure thus far.
hopefully this growth spurt continues and they grow more out than up; would like to take my cut from the side as oppose to the top.
i also notice that 4-5 has started to show preflowers, but not clear enough to distinguish the sex exactly. i'll post sometime next week when and if they decide to show their true colors.
IMG 1247   Copy
IMG 1255   Copy
IMG 1248   Copy
IMG 1256   Copy
IMG 1249   Copy
IMG 1257   Copy
IMG 1250   Copy
IMG 1258   Copy
IMG 1251   Copy
IMG 1259   Copy

group shot.
IMG 1260   Copy

pic of the tent they're in. i really like this tent, all always seem to thrive in here and once they leave they're never the same.
IMG 1265   Copy

soserthc1

soserthc1

cat: no problem was to interesting not to post if you wanna keep them short and wife keep them close to light bro.... and fimm and lst them sideways really simple stuff, have you fimmed at all yet....looking good so far.... peace soser

Fimm
catdaddy

catdaddy

Goji Og Day 34
just a little update of the goji's, all have shown sex except for one. it appears from the preflowers that #'s 2,3 and 4 are male, leaving #1 the only female atm. the runt is the only one that hasn't shown sex thus far; from my little experience it usually turns out to be female, so keeping my fingers crossed until sex is shown.
will post pics once i figure out why the camera isn't registering with the computer.

catdaddy

catdaddy

i've been thinking about actually keeping this one and trashing the other 2. this one really stood out to me, it's more compact than the other two with very little internode spacing, thicker branching along with a better root structure and smells stronger than #'s 3 and 4. don't get me wrong, all of the goji's has a nicer odor to them (to me they all smell the same), but this one arina is just more pronounced.
forgot to mention that i forgot to turn the ac on a couple of days ago and it thrived in the 91 degree heat that some couldn't handle (mainly goji #4 and snow leopard #'s 1 and 3). i am going to hold on to this one until i pop the rest of the pack, (i plan on backing these up along with the snow leopards), so anyone who can spot a good male donor when they see one let me know what you think.
IMG 1279   Copy
IMG 1280   Copy

this one im not too sure about, i've been thinking of flowering it out along with #2 just to see how it does in the bloom stage. being that i only have 3 males atm i might just keep, flower it out with #2 and collect some of it's pollen. i have no experience with males and little with females, so i guess all with the exclusion of #4 might get flowered out in this pack and hit a branch of each female with each male to see which ones create the best F2's.
IMG 1281   Copy
IMG 1282   Copy

as i stated i they were left in the 91 degree weather all day and this is what he was looking like when i got back to check on them. i really don't know what happened, it looked perfectly normal the day before the heatwave, so my guess it's from that or it's extra nute sensitive (the highest i ever fed it was @ 420 ppms). nonetheless it's has become the least favorite so soon it shall meet its fate.
IMG 1283   Copy
IMG 1284   Copy

Latest posts

Top Bottom