Snow Leopard, Goji OG and many more from bodhi genetics (catdaddy's way)

• Thread starter catdaddy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
catdaddy

catdaddy

looking good bro, got me some snow leopards on the go too, i'll be poppin in from time to time to see what these beauties put out :)
ok cool and thanks for stopping by. do you got a thread going? if not, post up here. im pretty sure others would like to see what phenos you come up with.

The bigger the roots the bigger the fruits - I think 3 gal are prob enough to pull 4-5 zips per plant - imho - I would upgrade to 5 gal but i really have no idea about your space issue's and hey f it anyway get them girls flowering 63 days will be here before you know it and I bet your super stoked to smoke some of them snow leopard's ...... I got six of them thriving away and cant wait to flower them girl's .......peace soser
tbh, i thought about it but against it. i didn't know this root pruning pots was going to fit that nice into the tent. i got 16 in there, but thought only 12 can fit into there initially. i am going to pick up some 4 or 5 gals of the same pots to see how many of them i can fit into the tent for the next round. i will just use these 3 gals for my 600w light set up.
also i didn't want to throw them into the 5gal's i got, because i didn't think the roots would spread out in them enough with the little bit of veg time they gotten. tired of wasting soil, from here on out it's all about efficiency.

on another note, im 3 days in and still feeding veg nutes, how much longer should i continue to feed them veg nutes? the last feed was at 500ppms, should i go higher with veg nutes or keep it at 500ppms? also, when the time comes to switch from veg to bloom nutes, what ppms should i flush my medium down to? and how many ppms should i feed after the flush? thanks in advance.

soserthc1

soserthc1

to be honest CD... I dont do the ppms stuff .... All my grows until the last were chemical grows - grow - micro - bloom - big bud - liquid karma - cal mg - bush master and m.o.a.b and i pretty much just let the plants dictate what there needs were. I followed the instructions on the bottle and altered the way the plants reacted. I am now following Alien's feeding regime which can be found on Alien Genetic's and its organic after seeing what plants can do and look like on an organic regime. I have and will KISS for now on, no need in making all these chemical company's rich at the expense of chemically inhanced weed..... most of my admendments go right into the soil and the plants use them as they need them... I would suggest cap's bennies and insect frass and making tea's but after this run, i will know which is better and one other thing i am a big fan of molasses add it to everything - just need to purchase some Primordial Solutions Sea Green ........peace soser

Darth Fader

Darth Fader

Catdaddy, check the last pic in my link for a monster growing in a 3.5 gal bucket. I don't think you need to go 5 gal.

Soserthc1, can't wait to hear the outcome of your new regimen. I only went the chem fert rout b/c I didn't want the mess & bugs that come with soil. but once I get a more suitable spot I will make the switch too.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
sometimes slightly brown tips means the plant wants more Ca. If you dont haev Ca25 this is a great foliar for up to week 4. You will see the difference the next day every time you use it.

Plants look great catdaddy.

I agree with fader a 3 gallon smart pot is good for the flip size.

catdaddy

catdaddy

12/12 Day 4

216907-aae2f15dc8eb70ad640e566705097ef4.jpg
216908-2c27dc5b4f7c80d109ced8435a7e6fe7.jpg

216909-da8e11c79a4bfbfa2a1af54bb6098129.jpg
216910-c3c767d94f3d49282ec1eaf7862f436e.jpg

216910-c3c767d94f3d49282ec1eaf7862f436e.jpg
216912-b9d4cb934993ad2d69ffda7f4b8243ca.jpg

216913-25106026167934ba35c6780bc60e034c.jpg
216914-9bec7635cbcf4f2520d9484e73081d51.jpg

216915-48b146664f71d3a5b679c08c8b34bb50.jpg
216916-101c418351a5239a92a8ccffec0d328e.jpg

IMG 1420   Copy
IMG 1422   Copy
IMG 1423   Copy
IMG 1425   Copy
IMG 1426   Copy
IMG 1428   Copy
IMG 1429   Copy
IMG 1430   Copy
IMG 1433   Copy
IMG 1434   Copy
El Cerebro

El Cerebro

also agreed on container size, with dialed dtw and high-freq watering, conventional wisdom seems outdated. with 3-4gals of chow i'm used to 8-10 oscars, and know this can be pushed further with more skill/motivation/genetics. larger root volume does give that extra insurance though..

catdaddy

catdaddy

to be honest CD... I dont do the ppms stuff .... All my grows until the last were chemical grows - grow - micro - bloom - big bud - liquid karma - cal mg - bush master and m.o.a.b and i pretty much just let the plants dictate what there needs were. I followed the instructions on the bottle and altered the way the plants reacted. I am now following Alien's feeding regime which can be found on Alien Genetic's and its organic after seeing what plants can do and look like on an organic regime. I have and will KISS for now on, no need in making all these chemical company's rich at the expense of chemically inhanced weed..... most of my admendments go right into the soil and the plants use them as they need them... I would suggest cap's bennies and insect frass and making tea's but after this run, i will know which is better and one other thing i am a big fan of molasses add it to everything - just need to purchase some Primordial Solutions Sea Green ........peace soser
which company grow-micro-boom were you using? i have Caps bennies and i do use them, well now i do. before i was holding on to them for my next crop but couldn't. i cant compare to any other company because this is the first time ever using bennies but i always see instant effects whenever i apply them. plants looks much happier and my roots are the whitest i've ever seen. His shit really does work.

Catdaddy, check the last pic in my link for a monster growing in a 3.5 gal bucket. I don't think you need to go 5 gal.

Soserthc1, can't wait to hear the outcome of your new regimen. I only went the chem fert rout b/c I didn't want the mess & bugs that come with soil. but once I get a more suitable spot I will make the switch too.
yeah i am hoping so, really want to get some decent weight this trip. how long do you veg in the 3.5's before flipping? when you get the chance, if you're into schooling newbies, stop by and share some of your wisdom.
tbh i've checked your thread quite a some time not that long ago, but never commented. you definitely do your thing, but never knew it was only in 3gal buckets. especially with the x's you were running in your thread.
thanks for stopping by.

sometimes slightly brown tips means the plant wants more Ca. If you dont haev Ca25 this is a great foliar for up to week 4. You will see the difference the next day every time you use it.

Plants look great catdaddy.

I agree with fader a 3 gallon smart pot is good for the flip size.
thanks, them bennies played a big role in getting them into good shape. got to ask you, do i swap out the the ewc for flowering guano when i switch over to bloom nutes? wasn't too sure and i think it's best i ask now than later. what's Ca25? is that the company or a brand? more than likely we don't have stuff like that around here so you might have to post a link for me if you don't mind.

also agreed on container size, with dialed dtw and high-freq watering, conventional wisdom seems outdated. with 3-4gals of chow i'm used to 8-10 oscars, and know this can be pushed further with more skill/motivation/genetics. larger root volume does give that extra insurance though..
yeah it seems like 3gal in the general consensus. i am not sure what chow and oscars are but im pretty sure it's a good thing. how long do you veg in the 3 gals before flipping the switch?
thanks for stopping by and sharing some solid advise.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Chow: mix of hydroton (or hydrocorn) and coco. some people do 50/50, or 70/30, or 73.5/26.5 (dankworth). I personally am running 50/50 ATM.

Oscar: Unit of measurement that hopefully you can figure out on your own.

Flipping between 12-18" should be good, but really depends highly on the strain/stretch. Gonna have to run them first and take notes. I have a super lemon that I have to flip at 36" to get it to 48" in flower. At the same time, I have a tangerine that I flip at 16" and it will grow 6 feet in flower....

Ca25: Calcium 25. Google it for the site. When you order tell them you just need a littel for your veggie garden. I have had my small can for almost a year already.

Glad you are liking the bennies. :)

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

how long do you veg in the 3 gals before flipping the switch?
i used to be a chronic over-vegger, but taking notes from Cap and others lately re less media. so those were flipped around 36" to finish around 5ft (vertical lights, ~70%clay/30%coco). I'm in a legal med state and playing numbers game, so basically concurrently-timed veg replacements for 9-10wk rotation.

but i also had to scale-down recently, space and numbers (had a patient continually trying to take advantage of me, sanity risk, finally put an end to it). thinking of moving to another legal state soon anyway, so a good time to get comfortable in a small tent for the transition. now i'm doing cute little 1gal versions, more like 50/50 chow, but still dtw and watering ~1gal total each per day, 1min on each hour, 1.5-2 ec)

Darth Fader

Darth Fader

yeah i am hoping so, really want to get some decent weight this trip. how long do you veg in the 3.5's before flipping? when you get the chance, if you're into schooling newbies, stop by and share some of your wisdom.
tbh i've checked your thread quite a some time not that long ago, but never commented. you definitely do your thing, but never knew it was only in 3gal buckets. especially with the x's you were running in your thread.
thanks for stopping by.

That was my bros's pic, not mine. But I think he's vegging like 5 wks and using 1k's. I can check.

There's a lotta growers here better than me but I think learning is a process to be managed. Manage your knowledge and growth as a grower. Log/journal your grows and take notes so that you can check back a year later and see EXACTLY how you were feeding/flushing when your plants looked perfect. Find a grow style that is right for you. Some methods are dictated by your situation, but others by your own preferences. For example, not being tied to everyday care is important to me. A wick system allows me to leave them for 4-5 days and never worry about moisture levels.

Simple is almost always better. There's a dozen different problems, ANY ONE of which can ruin your grow. Eliminate as many as you can. Spend a lot time looking thru infirmary posts so that you can spot clawing or Mg def early. Try new things. Re-veg a plant. Make bonsai moms. Clone in straight perlite/coco/whatever. Try extreme shaping thru lst & pruning w/ extra plants. And don't get too discouraged over setbacks. I've had plenty these last 3-4 months, but I just take clones & reset. It's not worth trying to flower plants that don't look great in veg IMO. I've learned that the best results came from plants throughout all stages. Not that you can't recover from a slight issue, but someone here had a surfing analogy that I think was spot on. You want to catch a wave, ONE wave, and ride it all the way in - not fall off, wait to catch another, etc, until you get to shore. That's not a good, clean ride. Same with the life of the plant. Catch that wave starting with healthy cuts and stay on that healthy wave - meaning healthy robust plants at EVERY stage. That's the goal. HTH

half baked

half baked

easi bro, plants are looking good man :cool: just thought id show ya a peek of my snow leopards, i got 2 slower plants but the other 7 are looking great
Update 007

the SL are the 1st 2 plants on the row on the left, all the middle row and the back 3 on the right row :)

safe bro
hb

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
That was my bros's pic, not mine. But I think he's vegging like 5 wks and using 1k's. I can check.

There's a lotta growers here better than me but I think learning is a process to be managed. Manage your knowledge and growth as a grower. Log/journal your grows and take notes so that you can check back a year later and see EXACTLY how you were feeding/flushing when your plants looked perfect. Find a grow style that is right for you. Some methods are dictated by your situation, but others by your own preferences. For example, not being tied to everyday care is important to me. A wick system allows me to leave them for 4-5 days and never worry about moisture levels.

Simple is almost always better. There's a dozen different problems, ANY ONE of which can ruin your grow. Eliminate as many as you can. Spend a lot time looking thru infirmary posts so that you can spot clawing or Mg def early. Try new things. Re-veg a plant. Make bonsai moms. Clone in straight perlite/coco/whatever. Try extreme shaping thru lst & pruning w/ extra plants. And don't get too discouraged over setbacks. I've had plenty these last 3-4 months, but I just take clones & reset. It's not worth trying to flower plants that don't look great in veg IMO. I've learned that the best results came from plants throughout all stages. Not that you can't recover from a slight issue, but someone here had a surfing analogy that I think was spot on. You want to catch a wave, ONE wave, and ride it all the way in - not fall off, wait to catch another, etc, until you get to shore. That's not a good, clean ride. Same with the life of the plant. Catch that wave starting with healthy cuts and stay on that healthy wave - meaning healthy robust plants at EVERY stage. That's the goal. HTH

Surfing quote by Cavadge from I C ***

Quoted here in cheap alternatives (Cronicmonsters thread) by Snowblind!

A great quote. One of my personal favorites.

Here it is in entirety for shits, giggles, and inspiration:

"Something else that perhaps bears mentioning, in an effort to cut through myth, bs and marketing hype... and I bring this up based on experiences of people who know more than I do, and for the fact that I have come to see the truth of it myself.

I originally began using Liquid Kool Bloom because I had read ads and read that so many people were using bloom boosters. The plants need extra P and K, yada yada. I bought into it, before I had any clue what I was doing.

But the truth is - no - you don't need any kind of booster. The bloom mix is all the girls need. All the way through the grow, to the very last day. Adding any kind of booster just skews the nutrient balance. If the plants do actually benefit at all, then they weren't getting the right mix in the first place.

I messed with this one additional time a few months ago. Bad idea. Stalled the plants. Found the same thing if I started adding supplements to the topups. Water only now; just do the res changes frequently.

I have come to view plant growth as surfing. If I can provide the right conditions for a cutting to root well and grow vigorously, that plant has "caught a wave". If I can keep her riding that wave right through to harvest, I will have a tree with a spectacular yield.

If however, anything happens that causes the plant to crash off the wave, what I refer to as "stalling", it will take her awhile to find another wave, and she won't ride nearly as high, or as far. You end up cutting down a somewhat lame plant. Been there, done that, oh so many times.

What has emerged in my observations is maintaining a consistent nutritional regimen. In other words, I run the same TDS in veg and bloom, I don't add supplements or additives, always the same strength mix, always replenished at a consistent interval. The plants seem to have come to expect that same pattern. Should I deviate, my yield will suffer. Even just postponing a res change for a day can impact the momentum of the plant, for lack of a better term. And adding supplements or boosting nute strength just throws everything out of whack.

The plants really do tell us what's going on. I believe the strength of the experienced people who grow amazing plants is in knowing how to read what the plants are telling them, and knowing what to do. Me, I'm still just beginning to figure this out. Not knowing much of the science, I ride by the seat of my pants with observation and trial and error."

sdgrower

sdgrower

Catdaddy, if you're still using the Useless method use veg nutes for week 1 of flower then flush and head into week 2 per Useless. I would hold the ppm's consistent since your plants look awesome.

edit a little tea always helps

pugliese63

pugliese63

Surfing quote by Cavadge from I C ***

Quoted here in cheap alternatives (Cronicmonsters thread) by Snowblind!

A great quote. One of my personal favorites.

Here it is in entirety for shits, giggles, and inspiration:

"Something else that perhaps bears mentioning, in an effort to cut through myth, bs and marketing hype... and I bring this up based on experiences of people who know more than I do, and for the fact that I have come to see the truth of it myself.

I originally began using Liquid Kool Bloom because I had read ads and read that so many people were using bloom boosters. The plants need extra P and K, yada yada. I bought into it, before I had any clue what I was doing.

But the truth is - no - you don't need any kind of booster. The bloom mix is all the girls need. All the way through the grow, to the very last day. Adding any kind of booster just skews the nutrient balance. If the plants do actually benefit at all, then they weren't getting the right mix in the first place.

I messed with this one additional time a few months ago. Bad idea. Stalled the plants. Found the same thing if I started adding supplements to the topups. Water only now; just do the res changes frequently.

I have come to view plant growth as surfing. If I can provide the right conditions for a cutting to root well and grow vigorously, that plant has "caught a wave". If I can keep her riding that wave right through to harvest, I will have a tree with a spectacular yield.

If however, anything happens that causes the plant to crash off the wave, what I refer to as "stalling", it will take her awhile to find another wave, and she won't ride nearly as high, or as far. You end up cutting down a somewhat lame plant. Been there, done that, oh so many times.

What has emerged in my observations is maintaining a consistent nutritional regimen. In other words, I run the same TDS in veg and bloom, I don't add supplements or additives, always the same strength mix, always replenished at a consistent interval. The plants seem to have come to expect that same pattern. Should I deviate, my yield will suffer. Even just postponing a res change for a day can impact the momentum of the plant, for lack of a better term. And adding supplements or boosting nute strength just throws everything out of whack.

The plants really do tell us what's going on. I believe the strength of the experienced people who grow amazing plants is in knowing how to read what the plants are telling them, and knowing what to do. Me, I'm still just beginning to figure this out. Not knowing much of the science, I ride by the seat of my pants with observation and trial and error."

Thanks for posting that, wiser words have not been spoken.

S

SoloSour

wow im glad i found your thread.im also running the gogis.ive got 10 of them,well now 5 females and 1 keeper male to use for some breeding projects...
he looks identical to your #2 but smells of berry kushiness.
i love that dark green almost blue they give off.my females are made up of two of the larger phenos bodhi describes,and 2 of the smaller like the #2 youve got there.
good luck to you,mine are a tad further along but have not gotten a thread up here.just joined but will be sure to get it up soon.

stay safe all

Top Bottom