So out of touch with today's bongs

• Thread starter zombie1970
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Z

zombie1970

So I have been away from smoking for many years, but a back injury has got me back into self medicating for pain relief and to help with sleeping.

I started looking for a nice bong, and wow, how things have changed in 10 to 15 years.

So is there a Bongs for Dumbshits page I can go to? I look and see lots of terms I am not sure I relate well too a bong.

Diffusion
Stacked
Ash catcher
Multi chamber
Better for oil/Better for flowers
etc.

and the list goes on and on.

I looked at a few sites (like Aqua) and am overwhelmed with where to start.

I know I must sound like an idiot, and well, I feel like one honestly at this point.

Thanks

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Hehehe,
I know how you feel man. I like a more simple bong myself. Have you stopped by your local head shop? They usually have something that will suit your needs. I have a nice simple Hitman that works like a champ.

Images

-TF

vaporedout

vaporedout

the new thing now for you would be glass on glass.... IMO i like the glass on glass because theres usually slits in the stem for smoother/better hits.... ohhh yeah , glass on glass is a glass bowl that fits perfectly in a glass stem, instead of your bowl having a 3 inch stem on it and a rubber gromit on it. might sound confusing so heres some pics

glass on glass bowls
Color glass bong accessories bowl stem slider 3

the regular kind
Color glass bong accessories bowl stem slider 6

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
What is your budget? I'm a fan of bubblers myself.

outwest

K

kolah

I am an old skool fool. I have 2 old wooden pipes and a corncob with screens. I don't need those bigass bong hits to get satisfied. IMO those fancy little glass pipes are too fragile too.

I like vaporizers but I'm a tightwad and the good ones are a bit pricey.

vaporedout

vaporedout

I am an old skool fool. I have 2 old wooden pipes and a corncob with screens. I don't need those bigass bong hits to get satisfied. IMO those fancy little glass pipes are too fragile too.

I like vaporizers but I'm a tightwad and the good ones are a bit pricey.

yup, i gotcha... i find myself gravitating to my sherlock pipe over my bong.... and i used to be all about vaporizing but damn , it takes a minute to heat up, then i have to adjust the head based on whats in the whip, ohh and the whip dont get me started on the screen in there..... arghhhhh

Dz1PnK

Dz1PnK

diffusion: breaking the smoke down into small bubbles that pass through the water(ie a downstem with six holes vs one hole, in the one hole version smoke only comes out the one hole, one size, and gets smoked. a six hole downstem lets the same volume smoke pass throughbut breaks it up, exiting through six holes rather than one. making more smaller bubbles that are cooled more efficently by the water

stacked: how high the bubbles "stack" on top of each other. the idea being the smoke has to fight its way through the water cooling it even further

ash catcher: a device put onto a bong to "catch the ash" of burnt flowers so they dont get down in the bottom chamber of your bong(some are insanely hard to clean)

multi chamber/multi perc(percolation): when a bong has more than one chambber that filters the smoke

K

kolah

One thing I dislike about vapes is if it gets TOO hot the taste and smell is very burnt-like. A lot of moisture and germs can hang out in those things too..unless ya keep em' clean. Yeah I have to clean my wooden briar bowls but that ain't too often. A little 180 proof Everclear (grain alcohol) and a few pipe cleaners keeps them in top shape. I have dedicated pipes, one for heavy indicas, one for heavy sativas and the corncob for hybrids. I rarely roll joints. signed, Popeye.

The Big Bongs were hip back in the days when we partied hearty. You'd always get one or two crazies who would drink the fucking bong water. wtf?

K

kolah

Whoa..Hows does that baby operate? It looks like a gynocologist instrument to inspect vaginas! jk lol.

vaporedout

vaporedout

is that a heat gun attachment??

i hate those people who say... "i just smoke a ton of fire, and then i drank the bong water, GOT SO FUCKED UP!!"

yeah you did, probably is still fucking your up inside!!

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
I have a dome like that for the top of my volcano.

outwest

Dz1PnK

Dz1PnK

yeah, these things were big in the late 90s early 2ks, this one is from the end of that era, i had a couple nice ones that needed the glass screens but they got jacked. this one has the built in, 5 hole, before illadelph existed but they say this design is theirs. honestly havnt used this thing in a few years since i dont have a heat gun anymore. they must not have been too healthy cause they dissappeared around the time volcanoes were gettin hot...

IMAG0741 1686830856

Dz1PnK

Dz1PnK

Whoa..Hows does that baby operate? It looks like a gynocologist instrument to inspect vaginas! jk lol.

Fits on a 18 mm downstem, u use a heat gun(gotta find a brand with a ceramic heating element, makita, steinel...) the higher end ones allow for pretty precise temp control, after that it's about the same as a volcano but you're ripping off glass instead of a plastic bag...

deep buddy

deep buddy

what dz1Pnk said keep checking the lab and youll know everything real quick look in the scientific glass as the heady's can be real pricey! and like TF said hit a local shop and if they dont know what they are talking about or pressure you then walk to the next shop. good luck let us know what you get!

Top Bottom