So out of touch with today's bongs

• Thread starter zombie1970
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Z

zombie1970

Thanks all!

I am heading into my local shop tomorrow to ask a bunch of questions, and see what they have. Not really sure on a budget, as I'm not sure if I will enjoy the bong, be it a simple one, or an elaborate expensive one, over a simple cob pipe. Time will still tell me this.

Appreciate all the feedback.

Darth Fader

Darth Fader

ALT is having a sale starting the 10th - 13% off. SYN stemless showerhead is a really nice piece for the money.

Papi Chingon

Papi Chingon

i've never heard of everest glass but yeah it looks like a good deal. if you want to go the vaporizer route i've got an Arizer Exteme Q and you can pick them up for about $170 shipped on ebay. they are really nice and i have two friends that have them too and love them.

Dz1PnK

Dz1PnK

ALT used to sell everest, not sure why they stopped, I've hit a few. Never seen a stemless though, that waffle looks insanely close to the tree, there might be a prob with water stacking from the bottom chamber overfilling the tree, getting a drink when you rip her...

I need a makita hg 1100!!! If only to confuse zombie further...

M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
Looks like glass bullets to me, take care

mal

Z

zombie1970

so I picked it up. Its a really nice solid piece. It was pretty dirty from use, I used 99% alcohol and salt, shook the shit out of it on and off for a couple hours, then let it sit overnight. It removed a bunch of stuff, but not all of it. I went out today and picked up some Grunge Off, this is supposed to work by just soaking. It has been soaking now for 5 hours, I kind of expected it to be clean by now.

anyone use Grunge Off before? I watched some youtube videos and they showed it cleaning in only a few minutes on some stuff, and in a couple hours on the harder stuff. I plan on letting it sit all night.

I wonder, does this stuff go bad, or get old? Not sure how long this shop has had it on its shelf.

Thanks!

Papi Chingon

Papi Chingon

grunge off is supposed to be really good, and it's reusable (if it doesn't get too nasty from your piece). i've got a bottle of it that i haven't used yet, so i'm not speaking from experience. i'm more of an alcohol and kosher salt kind of guy.

HumboldtDr

HumboldtDr

Whats your ailment?
Supporter
grunge off works but is a rip off. use simple green or any degreaser. Soak overnight for heavy stains. Papi is right, after you get it clean, use alcohol and salt daily/weekly to keep clean.

Also, GO or degreasers will take the labels off. cover anything that isnt worked glass.

cannarado

cannarado

Premium Member
Supporter
Anyone rocking the 4.0 Glass double showerhead bubbler?

nebulius

nebulius

A waste of good smoke in my opinion.

I read somewhere that THC isn't water soluble and therefore water doesn't filter out THC. I know THC isn't water soluble, but when it's burned I'm sure its chemical composition changes a bit, so I'm not sure if bongs really filter THC or not. Anyone know?

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
Just pulled the trigger on a Mobius 65mm Mai Tai blue stemless stereo matrix. Nugga Nooch

Congrats! Use it in the best of health! BTW, love the Sgt. Slaughter avatar.

outwest

OGONLY

OGONLY

Just pulled the trigger on a Mobius 65mm Mai Tai blue stemless stereo matrix. Nugga Nooch

Never seen a Mai Tai Blue Mobius. I have the same tube in clear. Its ok, but doesn't compare to a Toro 7/13 and doesn't come close to an SG Peyote Pillar.

Those of you who say a good bong doesn't make a difference just know because you must have never hit a good bong. I had been smoking out of high end glass for over 2 years before hitting a Peyote Pillar just recently. I bought one for myself 2 weeks ago. Nearly every large hit I take out of that thing makes me feel like I might pass out. And the high is much stronger with the P.P. compared to my other bongs.

Not saying you have to pay big money for a decent bong. But to me each one of my high end pieces is worth every penny.

On a side note, check out the Mcfinn charcoal filter attachments ALT sells. I bought the big one and love it. It filters out all the tar and you still get huge, clean hits. It only adds a little bit of drag, but you pull it out for a carb and it works sweet. I don't use it with my Pillar but everything else. The big model filters up to 100 hits. It keeps your bong super clean. No more ashcatcher needed! Plus the obvious health benefits. I feel like I get just as high if not higher when I use the thing. I think because I can take bigger hits when using it.

Darth Fader

Darth Fader

Wow, blue! - need to see some pics of that. Sweet piece. I have a couple nice tubes including a BC 2011 Netline and I'd still love to pick up a stemless stereo matrix. Can't really see spending $1200 on glass though. My best memories are of a flat little wooden bowl I had in college. loved that thing.

Post up some pics of that bad boy.

cannarado

cannarado

Premium Member
Supporter
Yeah i used to burn holes in my wooden pipes taken monster rips. Nothing like that ol' campfire taste on that last rip....lol

Ill have to check out the filters. thanks

Top Bottom