So out of touch with today's bongs

• Thread starter zombie1970
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Darth Fader

Darth Fader

Concur on the carbon filter. Don't get the large one though, the shorter one works just fine and probably adds 3" on it's own. They only take an 18mm slide though. If you don't have an ice pinch/hi-flow slide, I HIGHLY recommend the B. Wilson glass screen slide.

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
Concur on the carbon filter. Don't get the large one though, the shorter one works just fine and probably adds 3" on it's own. They only take an 18mm slide though. If you don't have an ice pinch/hi-flow slide, I HIGHLY recommend the B. Wilson glass screen slide.

I could not agree more. Simply put, having all those holes to pull through make for a MUCH smoother hit.

outwest

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
FYI I was referring to the slide, haven't tried the filter, I will now. Luckily there is a high end shop not to far away which is like a local ALT, and has all the same high end devices, fixtures, and gadgets, albeit slightly more expensive.

outwest

cannarado

cannarado

Premium Member
Supporter
Not big fan of the toros. Im more of a SG and Mobius guy.

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
I hated my ZOB then had the mouth piece widened and now it hits like a dream. It's not smooth like my SG but it has a deep rich gurgle which i love.

outwest

deep buddy

deep buddy

i agree that toros are over priced and a bit trendy, i dont own one. i have a few simple scientific pieces from kind creations. i really want to get some sg pieces but i wont be able to for a bit. but i like to think of my KC oil drum perc like the poor mans SG PP. the hit is everything, effortless almost making me lazy, when my boy hands me hi double U perc w/ ashcatcher i have to really work hard to clear that thing. i dont even thin about it when i hit the drum perc. fwiw

cannarado

cannarado

Premium Member
Supporter
Yeah i am looking at the kind creations oil rigs. Gotta support the locals a lil bit too. They have that bubbler/ash catcher setup that could be nice too

OGONLY

OGONLY

Gotta have the glass screen slide with the carbon filter attachments. I never use a single hole slide anymore for anything. The screen slides hit 10 times better for any set up than the one hole old school. I concur the Ben Wilson screen slides are dope, and the best deal out there. I've got 6 of them lol.

As far as the shorter filter attachment, shorter is better as far as function I'd say. My longer filter attachment puts the slide up too high on some pieces, making it feel like your eyes might get fried if you make a false move with the flame or wand. But they hold more charcoal which probably means a more filtered hit.

deep buddy

deep buddy

Yeah i am looking at the kind creations oil rigs. Gotta support the locals a lil bit too. They have that bubbler/ash catcher setup that could be nice too
dude do it i think they still got some for half price at the ftc store i love mine. its like the absolute opposite of buyers remorse. wonder ful. im gonna get the double one next just to make sure i dont get too lazy.

killer vanilla

killer vanilla

So I have been away from smoking for many years, but a back injury has got me back into self medicating for pain relief and to help with sleeping.

I started looking for a nice bong, and wow, how things have changed in 10 to 15 years.

So is there a Bongs for Dumbshits page I can go to? I look and see lots of terms I am not sure I relate well too a bong.

Diffusion
Stacked
Ash catcher
Multi chamber
Better for oil/Better for flowers
etc.

and the list goes on and on.

I looked at a few sites (like Aqua) and am overwhelmed with where to start.

I know I must sound like an idiot, and well, I feel like one honestly at this point.

Thanks

I know what you mean man the same thing happened to me, i was looking at these percolator bongs and i was feeling like a grandad seeing a computer for the first time, all these add ons were confusing at first but when i saw the pre coolers and percolator bongs i wanted one! make sure you know your bongs sg sizes because if you get a pre cooler or ash catcher for your bong you will need an adapter downpipe with the correct sg size

Latest posts

Top Bottom