So What Are Your Multiple Feedings Ec And Amounts

• Thread starter StandingRock
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
StandingRock

StandingRock

So guys, first of all I'm well aware of the different ways and techniques to water coco. This thread is for the guys that do multiple feedings per day, so please no need for commenting on other techniques or why one is better.

1. What is your EC during veg and flower
2. How many milliters per feeding
3. How much runoff do you like to achieve
4. Pot size
5. Base nutrients

I personally just started coco and my plants are loving 0.7 ec in veg (HEAD formula, 300 ppms 500 scale). I do 4-500+ ml feeds per day aiming for 30% to 50% runoff. I think feeding this way treats coco how it's meant to be treated: like a true hydroponic medium and not like a soil. So what are you guys running?

cocoJoe

cocoJoe

You seem to be doing fine without any help..
Pot size for coco growing can be about half the size of a soil garden..
The runoff can be 10 to 20% for the number of feedings you are using..
Your EC has to be kept low..
Again sounds about right..
Best of Luck

Cultivate420

Cultivate420

First week of flower first coco run with drip to waste feed system. Using AN coco nutrients big bud bud candy and calmag in 3 g smart pots. I have my pump set up to feed 2 times a day for a minute about L per feed at 700 ppm with half RO half tap water. When res is half empty I fill it up again with water usually ppm is around 300 its kinda my flush state.
Should I step up the feed later in flower? They look great strain I'm growing is Grape ape. Any inputs advise is more than welcome this is my 3rd grow and first in coco. I love the explosive growth in coco compared to soil.

StandingRock

StandingRock

I actually ended up bumping my ec up to 1.2(900 .700 scale) because I was showing some nitrogen deficencies. As far as bumping it up it's hard to say. If then plant stays looking nice I wouldn't. I was using the AN coco line as well but switched to the head formula because AN is so expensive and hard to get correct TDS on it.

Cultivate420

Cultivate420

I was reading some people go up to 1700 ppm .500 conversion in later bloom but that seems wasteful to me specially in multiple feedings a day. The argument on that thread was that its hard to over feed well established plants in coco. Do you have any input in this?
How do you like your new nutes? AN was an eyeball to get but since its my first run I want the best of the best I love the pH perfect I only check my res when I refill since pH is solid.

Cultivate420

Cultivate420

I would rater do an extra feeding at 700 ppm in later bloom that up my ppm to 1700. I read that frequent feeding with lower ppm is better for the plant since the plant metabolism stays working and burns throw the nutes faster.
So many questions lol I'm a nooby but I have a passion for this I was born to this lol.

StandingRock

StandingRock

I really believe in the idea that was less is more. Studies have shown that cannabis will grow in a large variety of conditions. This is also my first grow so my opinions might change. I love my new nutrients. I never knew what was in AN bottles and I didn't like that. Go find the head goes coco thread. It'll change your mind I bet. And you can oversfeedcoco. I think they meant you can't overwater it. Which is very debatable.

mango420

mango420

I feed 12 times per day in flower in 10 and 7 gals. Anywhere from 12-1500 ppm, some plants have runoff some don't. I'm in 80/20 perlite coco.

Cultivate420

Cultivate420

I feed 12 times per day in flower in 10 and 7 gals. Anywhere from 12-1500 ppm, some plants have runoff some don't. I'm in 80/20 perlite coco.
that's some big pots and lots of perlite and water and food you must be getting monsters?
How much water you feed each cycle?
How do you like the your results? Care to explain your method more? I'm always open to new knowledge

StandingRock

StandingRock

Every time I think I have enough perlite I consider adding more. I'm doing 50/50 now but I've been thinking of doing the 80/20 like he has. But those are damn big pots.

Cultivate420

Cultivate420

More pearlite to get wet dry clycle even with lots of water? Or what would be the objective of so much pearlite? Didn't I read that plant in coco so better in small pots unless you are growing monsters? Jw.

StandingRock

StandingRock

I use lots of perlite for air and drainage. I can water more without overwatering and bring more oxygen to the roots. The coco part is only there to hold water between feedings.

Wildill

Wildill

I'm feeding about 800ppm on 500 scale in flower hand water once a day 1 gallon pots about a 50/50 coco perlite mix. I'm now a believer of small pots last run I used 1 gallons for the first time in flower and got 3-5 a plant only downside for me was having to hand water 7 days a week but that can be fixed makes me wonder how much improvement i would see with multiple feedings a day

StandingRock

StandingRock

Wildill I'm doing almost the exact same thing, except three times a day and 900 ppm on 700 scale with a dripper system. It's very inexpensive to set up and I think you'd be very happy. There's days I see 3 or more inches of growth. Other factors might help this.

mango420

mango420

Every time I think I have enough perlite I consider adding more. I'm doing 50/50 now but I've been thinking of doing the 80/20 like he has. But those are damn big pots.
Ya I've tried every ratio possible really. The more coco I would cut out the more I could feed them and hence they would grow faster. Just as an experiment I'm trying about 90-95% perlite, it's crazy how fast they respond when you feed them or give them just water. I think it's a little too light on the coco so will prob stick to about 80% perlite.

Top Bottom