So What Are Your Multiple Feedings Ec And Amounts

• Thread starter StandingRock
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mango420

mango420

that's some big pots and lots of perlite and water and food you must be getting monsters?
How much water you feed each cycle?
How do you like the your results? Care to explain your method more? I'm always open to new knowledge
There decent in size, I do 4 plants per 1000w. Use to do 1 plant per 1kw in 20-25gals so these are small lol. I have no clue how much each plant is getting because each one has specific drippers on them for how much feed there going through. Some plants have 2x 2 gal drippers, some have one, and some have 2gal plus one etc. I go through about 60 gallons of feed a day in flower. I use a cycle timer connected to my pump that's hooked up to my feed lines, spaghetti line run to each pot, pretty simple auto water setup.

StandingRock

StandingRock

I'll probably do 80/20 on my next run. Basically the coco just acts as a wicker or dispersion medium for the water and you're growing in perlite. I'm doing 32 plants under a led 600w equivalent but I might try your route next time and just do 3 monster plants.

Cultivate420

Cultivate420

There decent in size, I do 4 plants per 1000w. Use to do 1 plant per 1kw in 20-25gals so these are small lol. I have no clue how much each plant is getting because each one has specific drippers on them for how much feed there going through. Some plants have 2x 2 gal drippers, some have one, and some have 2gal plus one etc. I go through about 60 gallons of feed a day in flower. I use a cycle timer connected to my pump that's hooked up to my feed lines, spaghetti line run to each pot, pretty simple auto water setup.
I see I have mine set up the same but all emitters are the same I do 2 1minute feeding a 35g red holds up for 3 days of feeding early in flower. I'll.probably step it up to 4 feeding a day next week. I get about 20% run off on the morning watering and 40% on second feeding. Plants are loving all this water.

Cultivate420

Cultivate420

I'll probably do 80/20 on my next run. Basically the coco just acts as a wicker or dispersion medium for the water and you're growing in perlite. I'm doing 32 plants under a led 600w equivalent but I might try your route next time and just do 3 monster plants.
So I have a soil grow going and I transplanted some teens as I took a look at the roots of one they were by far superior to the rest. The bottom of this pot was mostly perlite. Those were some serious white full of the small hair roots sticking straight out. I'm going to be running more perlite as well see how it goes maybe 70/30.
I'm doing 30 plants under 6 1000w LEDs actual wall draw 1200w. I say more plants unless you want to spend more time in veg.
But I been thing of running one plant in DWC under 1k to see if I can grow my first pound plant

P

Pimples

I like Ionic Grow and Bloom or Canna Coco Nutrients personally. Ive used them all though at one point or another. Been really into Canna lately for my crops but honestly with a Blue Lab Combo meter i can use just about any bottled nutrient system. Its because of my varieties i been working with for awhile now. 6 or 7 nice keepers ive collected. Anyways..i like 2 and 3 gallon fabric pots. No matter the brand..all the same to me. Canna brick coco is inexpensive compared to Canna loose bag or Botanicare Readygro Moisture Formula (which i used for years. Canna base nutrient between 1.0 and 1.6 EC depending on what stage. My tap is 0.2 EC comprised of mostly calcium and magnesium carbonates. On some varieties i bump this up to 0.3 EC with a simple calmag product...no matter the brand. They all work. My tap is 7.6 pH and after i add the base nutrient its around 6.4 or 6.5. I add pH down to about 5.9 and thats it. I feed with a water wand under 3 6 bulb 4 foot t5's in veg with some added Rhizotonic, Cannazym, and Europnic Silica and Fossil Fuel added on top the base nutrient. Just a little of these additives though. Iam focusing on a massive established root system. I try and keep it around 1.2 EC total and this is with my 0.2 EC tap. I also top and tie down fairly aggressively and weekly foliar sprays of Nitrozime and Fossil Fuel really helps to make a bushy short plant in veg....potential flowering nodes everywhere. In flower i bump up the Canna base and drop almost all the additives. I do add Greenfuse or Atami Bcuzz Bloom stimulator in very small doses to my 4 30 gallon feed tanks on a drip manifold system. I add Canna pk13/14 at week 5 only. I try to achieve a 15% runoff consistently and this could be anywhere to on to 3 or 4 45 second feeds per day lights on (Autopilot Master Digital Timer). I also use co2 at around 1200 ppm throughout flowering except the last couple weeks.

Last edited:
P

Pimples

I do love canna bricks. Very high quality coco right there.
Yes...and about 12 bucks at my local store for 4 10 liter bricks. Its as good as the loose bag and way cheaper.I do reuse my coco and this is where an effective enzyme like Cannazym really shines. My reuses coco coir just gets better and better every crop. After 4 runs (you lose a little every run and i top off with fresh coco) i dump it in my backyard and start with fresh Canna bricks.

StandingRock

StandingRock

I've been wanting to reuse mine. What does that enzyme do?

P

Pimples

I've been wanting to reuse mine. What does that enzyme do?
It breaks down the dead roots from the previous crop and turns them into vitamins and nutrients the subsequent plants can use. You can actually see it with the crops in reused coco. They thrive. Just make sure the spent salts from the last crop is rinsed out really good. I dont flush. But i taper down my ec feed strength the last week with alot of runoff and double the dose of Cannazym. I also shut down my drip system and use a water wand for more effective and even coverage this last week. Basically just like the Canna calculator feed chart says on thier website. I like the light feed setting on that chart. Its pretty spot on. I dont follow.it exactly but its basically a variation on it.

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

I max my multi feeds out at 550 ppm during flower and most of my veg feeds are 400-450 ppm. That's on a 500 scale so 1.1 ec.

Just some shots of plants grown in coir with said nutrient strengths.
DSCN0628
DSCN0669
DSCN0621
DSCN0602

P

Pimples

RO, so all my ppm are nutrients.
Are you running a sealed room with co2..ac...and dehumidifier? What type and amount of lighting are you using? Daytime/nightime temps and rh%?? I ask because it seems low but your pics look really good. No way could i get away with such low feed strengths with Canna nutrients with my rooms. Iam using a fair amount of lighting and in a dialed co2 injected climate controlled flowering room. 2 of them actually. My crops and rooms require 1.5 to 1.6 EC in peak bloom. Actually could push them to 1.8 with some varieties.

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

Are you running a sealed room with co2..ac...and dehumidifier? What type and amount of lighting are you using? Daytime/nightime temps and rh%?? I ask because it seems low but your pics look really good. No way could i get away with such low feed strengths with Canna nutrients with my rooms. Iam using a fair amount of lighting and in a dialed co2 injected climate controlled flowering room. 2 of them actually. My crops and rooms require 1.5 to 1.6 EC in peak bloom. Actually could push them to 1.8 with some varieties.

Non sealed room, no co2. My flower room is 12'x8' but i only use 4'x8' of the room. In that 4x8 I run a gavita 6-750 de, a 600 watt hortilux super hps and a 400 watt 10,000 k mh. My humidity runs between 40-60% depending on where I'm at in flower. lights off temp at 65, lights on 75.
The plants in the second pic ( G-13) absolutely hate nutrient strengths above 500 ppm.

P

Pimples

Non sealed room, no co2. My flower room is 12'x8' but i only use 4'x8' of the room. In that 4x8 I run a gavita 6-750 de, a 600 watt hortilux super hps and a 400 watt 10,000 k mh. My humidity runs between 40-60% depending on where I'm at in flower. lights off temp at 65, lights on 75.
The plants in the second pic ( G-13) absolutely hate nutrient strengths above 500 ppm.
Yeah...its your environment that is telling you light feeds...for sure. I can almost guarantee you if you had a sealed room with all the fixings (minisplit..commercial dehuey...consistent co2 gas..perfect and controllable down to single digit temps and rh) and blasting them with a shitload of light...your 550 ppm would be the start feed when they are small...if that.

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

Yeah...its your environment that is telling you light feeds...for sure. I can almost guarantee you if you had a sealed room with all the fixings (minisplit..commercial dehuey...consistent co2 gas..perfect and controllable down to single digit temps and rh) and blasting them with a shitload of light...your 550 ppm would be the start feed when they are small...if that.
Oh ,believe me I have all the equipment and I've run it before, but I'm in the 1.5 grams per watt with-out co2 enrichment and my environment is easier to control.
And the whole thing is I would never raise my ppm, I would just add extra feeds during the day not up the nutrient strength. Served me well for the 10+ years of growing in coir.
As I said , I was a commercial farmer so I apply the same to my marijuana plants as I did for row crops which is. (maximum yield with minimal inputs )
Right now, it's costing me around $60 per 2 lbs produced ( not including my labor) and I'm in excess of 50+ k per year income from this garden.

Cultivate420

Cultivate420

I max my multi feeds out at 550 ppm during flower and most of my veg feeds are 400-450 ppm. That's on a 500 scale so 1.1 ec.
What's your coco to pearlite ratio? How big are your pots? Whats is your experience with different pot sizes to yield ratio? I ask since i see 2 pot sizes. Do you veg less for smaller pots? I run 3g and veg for 2 weeks

Just some shots of plants grown in coir with said nutrient strengths.
View attachment 663605 View attachment 663606 View attachment 663607 View attachment 663608

Top Bottom