So who's the thcfarmer sativa freak?

• Thread starter juggernaut
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
RandyPickles

RandyPickles

Love me some sativas just don't have the ceiling height nor do i really have time/space for strains that exceed 10 weeks.
Actually bud you'd be surprised what you can do with a 7' tall tent. People believe height to be the problem with Sativas, but the real problem is how they grow like a hedge and take up so much sq. footage, nudging other plants out of the way.

215 User

215 User

Acapulco Gold x Goji O.G. @ 35 days

IMAG1048 1 1

IMAG1049 1 1

Plenty of time left & only fed twice...

RandyPickles

RandyPickles

Everything I like is sativa dominant. I have ran a lot of indicas, and I just don't like them. 60/40 sativa/indica or higher is the only thing for me. The more sativa the better. SSSDH is my fave!
I feel like SSH and it's Dream hybrids have suffered some kind of genetic drift, as they've softened up a lot in my opinion. SSSDH seems like such an easy and obvious cross I'm curious why it's taken 2 decades for someone to do it right. Maybe it was a matter of finding the right pheno/breeder?

As someone with experience in pure and landrace sativas, what are some of your other favorites? In that I love Jack Herer, Skunk x Mazar, etc. but don't feel they come anywhere near the interesting nature of strong sativas.

true grit

true grit

@RandyPickles hows teh smoke on that Zamaldelica? Ive been tempted to pull the trigger on some of those!

I agree on SSSDH, it really has blow away most of the more recent hazes ive tried. I wish i had more of Medics' Sour Daze (ecsd x af haze) and Morning daze (ecsd x mango haze). He said he might have f2s but obviously some breeders are thinking along the same lines. I was thinkin of doing some ssh or sssdh x my stardawg. Prob just ssh though.

RandyPickles

RandyPickles

@RandyPickles hows teh smoke on that Zamaldelica? Ive been tempted to pull the trigger on some of those!

I agree on SSSDH, it really has blow away most of the more recent hazes ive tried. I wish i had more of Medics' Sour Daze (ecsd x af haze) and Morning daze (ecsd x mango haze). He said he might have f2s but obviously some breeders are thinking along the same lines. I was thinkin of doing some ssh or sssdh x my stardawg. Prob just ssh though.

Zamaldelica has an amazing carrot flavor and you immediately get the clenched jaw and "effervescent" feeling in your body, concentrating on your face and ears, which start ringing. Lights get brighter and then the psychedelic madness begins! I've known two friends to puke after arrogantly believing they were pros when hitting a pinner :)

It grows so happily! Easily on point with Blueberry as far as plant toughness and grows as well as my Dr. Underground "Brooklyn Mango" (ERSB x NYPD), which is the toughest hybrid I've grown!

RandyPickles

RandyPickles

I'm definitely going to check out the SSSDH; is it clone only or have any of the banks femmed it yet?

jammie

jammie

hey randy- love your zamaldelica, i'm growing ace's purple haze x malawi. peeps whine about the 16 week flower time but the smallest of my 3 girls yielded 7z's dried and in the jar. don't see too many 10 wk indicas or hybrids do that. Connoisseur Genetics has reversed the sssdh and fem'd seeds are widely available, maybe even here. i know they have a forum on this site

RandyPickles

RandyPickles

hey randy- love your zamaldelica, i'm growing ace's purple haze x malawi. peeps whine about the 16 week flower time but the smallest of my 3 girls yielded 7z's dried and in the jar. don't see too many 10 wk indicas or hybrids do that. Connoisseur Genetics has reversed the sssdh and fem'd seeds are widely available, maybe even here. i know they have a forum on this site
Thanks bud!!

It's important for people to remember that cannabinoids develop over time, meaning that an 8 week strain will NEVER have all 400+ cannabinoids developed like a 12-20 week strain will. And when you smoke one, you know why it's worth the wait!!!!!!! Keep up the great work and thanks for the info!!! Send me a pm if you're interested in getting together and sharing knowledge and goodness!

RandyPickles

RandyPickles

Medically (for my Crohn's) I love a heavy indica (sometimes high CBD helps as well, but for me a heavy indica suppress the nausea extremely effectively) but as far as quality of high I do really love me some good sativa... Holding a 14-16 week hybrid made of the Lumbo Red (columbian red) x UBC chemo.. the chemo should add some heavy indica qualities but hopefully the sativa high is mainted...
Yeah same here. That's why I grow landraces but also keep 2/3 my flower space for hybrids like the Dr. Underground collection and indicas like Yumboldt, Hindu Kush and Mazar for chilling out and migraines.

RandyPickles

RandyPickles

Also I'm interested to see how the purple malawi turns out! I've got Ace's Malawi that is a seedling now and I'm contemplating whether I want to pollinate all my clones with Malawi or Oaxacan, hopefully being a backcross as Skunk and so many others use Mexican sativa as their foundation. Then again if Malawi makes everything psychedelic I'm considering pollinating my Blueberry and Jack Cheddar etc., and if it's a girl, well I'm going to have some primo headstash in about 24 weeks! ;) Have fun!

As a heads up: H*****s has mix packs of 10 from Ace, Cannabiogen, Dr. Underground, Hazeman and others! Ace has a fem, standard and "tropical" mix so I had to go for the standard and tropical. Figure I'll pop two along with each fem I add to my menu and just continue to make hybrids/grow out the crazy landraces regardless of strain :) Given how cheap they are for guaranteed Ace genetics, get it on! $2.40 a seed!!!!!!!

RandyPickles

RandyPickles

Acapulco Gold x Goji O.G. #14 - 7 weeks

View attachment 402980

View attachment 402979
I know I should google it, but is the OG using Bodhi's "Interstellar Overdrive" indica pheno of Mandalas Satori? I think I may have popped the same pheno from the girl I kept out of my satori regular packs, so now I'm stoked and really curious about it.

Anyone have experience with the Interstellar Overdrive pheno of Satori? I'll post a picture of mine as Bodhi's description was a large, but indica in structure Satori that had a strong smell to it, different from the other satoris. Both are true in my case so ill post a photo in a moment! Thanks!

RandyPickles

RandyPickles

Satori, possible "Interstellar Overdrive" pheno. 6 weeks veg, week 3 day 4 of flowering.

For perspective, clockwise from back left:
Zamaldelica, Brooklyn Mango (ERSB x NYPD), Nepalese Jam, Nepalese Jam.

zeke

zeke

That zamal sounds and looks nice. I've always wanted to go to Reunion. Most of the reports I've read say the weed sucked. The carrot flavor is actually maligned. I've only noticed it ever in Thai plants and it was a nice earthy sweet sort of carroty/ parsnipy aroma and flavor. I liked it. Only other populations I've heard about that have been described as carrot like we're from Papua New Guinea.

Top Bottom