sog lighting ?

• Thread starter TheGrowNinja
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

TheGrowNinja

in a jardin dr150(5x5)....would i be better off goin with a 600w hps and 600w(Or 400) mh, or a 1000 watt hps? likely runnin sog, so no penetration needed really, i just want the highest yielding sog i can get. i want two to have two or three offsetts, ie 1/3 just in, 1/3 halfway through flowering, and 1/3 ready to harvest, prolly keep moms in a seperate 2x3. any thoughts?

T

TheGrowNinja

would it be better to run a dual spectrum? or just two hps? i know i dont have to have mh, but i keep reading that it raises potency. any advice? and thx for replying.

aldus

aldus

On the dual spectrum idea I am not sure. You might have issues with some plants only getting one type of lighting, etc.

You should search for some of Texas Kid's old growzilla tent set up posts. Here is a copy / paste of a private message I sent him / response, I don't believe he will mind me posting it.

"Originally Posted by aldus

I've been looking at all of your old posts over on icmag and your posts here about the 1200w in a 3x3 system that you used to run and was wondering if you could answer some questions for me?

Were you using co2 on the runs getting 3lbs+? I want to say no because of your 4" intake and 6" exhaust, but maybe the co2 is heavy enough to stay in the tent?

Also what strains did you have the most success with in the system? Should I look for something with a big single main cola or did you have luck with more branchy plants too? Ever decide which number of plants worked best (9-14)? I am getting my act together and am going to try to copy this as best I can and honestly would be happy with 2lbs the first run. Any helpful information you can send my way would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

No co2, always top in a tent or anywhere else for that matter.

9 worked best for me..

Tex"

Top Bottom