Soil Mix For Outdoor Garden?

• Thread starter CanadaSeeds
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Wisher619

Wisher619

I no way was I meaningfully trying to scrutinize or put you down in any way...just feel it's really unsustainable unless you are somewhere that has a major supply of fish is all ....while obtaining legume seeds and planting is a much easier avenue for myself....

My apologies

PLOOKERKING

PLOOKERKING

They pay folks up here for freshwater fish. Uncleaned and on ice!!!!I usually use dace,suckers,carp for my gardens. If I could only use lampreys lol I'd use only lampreys those nasty pricks. Here's perch head soil grown indoors...strain is kona sunset.after 20 days of 12\12
20150408 111931
20150408 111943

PLOOKERKING

PLOOKERKING

I no way was I meaningfully trying to scrutinize or put you down in any way...just feel it's really unsustainable unless you are somewhere that has a major supply of fish is all ....while obtaining legume seeds and planting is a much easier avenue for myself....

My apologies
Obviously I misunderstood. Things can be misinterpreted online man no worries

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Farmers in grand isle near where I live have used these methods for 30 plus years. No issues so far!
If you reread my post, I was discussing buying fish to do this with. If you're in an area with lots of fish and fishing, and thus lots of scraps and fish, then you're not having to go out and buy fish, right? The vast majority of growers would be relegated to visiting the market and buying fish to do this. Where I am, I can't use fish emulsion without the raccoons digging it all up, so if I were to plant a fish I'd be growing raccoons. I'm not after raccoons, I want weed, and food, and stuff like that. :)

CanadaSeeds

CanadaSeeds

this is what's going to end up being used for the soil mix.

bio-char
tree-mulch top soil
compost
peat moss
chicken manure
earthworm castings
oyster shells
myco-innoculants (endo/ecto)
rice hulls
amend with dragonfly earth medicine lush roots
straw mulch

nutrients:
Natural mystic foliar spray
lush roots

that's it keeping it simple.

Last edited:
CanadaSeeds

CanadaSeeds

thx sea will do... do i still need to charge it if it was collected from a forest.. it's not industrial bio-char i dug it up and picked it up from the forest ground myself. remains from forest fire.

Bio char

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
thx sea will do... do i still need to charge it if it was collected from a forest.. it's not industrial bio-char i dug it up and picked it up from the forest ground myself. remains from forest fire.

View attachment 503489
Yes, it doesn't matter how it came to be, it is a chemical filtration media at this point and will lock onto all sorts of things.

Latest posts

Top Bottom