Soil sog grower needs mentor to switch to hydro

• Thread starter Northwest Skunk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
tortuga1503

tortuga1503

wow awsome plants. I think 90% of growers aspire to get the yields you get. Great info

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I`d say keep the dirt and build the beds up to 4`and add screen of green system.Also increase your overall watts using vertical drop down lamps and stepped beds. Hydro Systems are good when they work right ,but unforgiving to the plants when they fail!

S

Sizzla

hey NWS glad to see your back online, its been awhile since PS days but see you're still rocking them soilbed and killing it as always. Is that OG the bc version ??

K

kushmusic420

Sorry to bring bck a old post, but nws if u are still around I would love to learn this sog soil bed set up. And thanks for all the info so far I'm trying to daily in my 4k set to 10 pounds a yield With 2 4x8 tables side by side sog 150-160 a table! !!

F

FromGROtoFLO

Hey Northwest skunk, awesome setup, and your yields are amazing. What soil do you run or reccommend? Im switching to a SOG grow and need to decide between coco or soil and im leaning towards soil after the numerous ph issues i read about with coco. Ph you run?

C

Calgreen

Hey NW Skunk How far apart did you space your plants when you did your SoG? I couldnt quite tell from the pics. I looks like 8 or 9 inches but pics can be deceiving.

S

swisscheese

Sorry to be that guy but I had to bump this thread and see how hydro went for you NWS if you're still around!??

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

Sorry to be that guy but I had to bump this thread and see how hydro went for you NWS if you're still around!??

Dudes been MIA for ages... After looking at other posts from him on other sites he was good about disapearing on and off.

Star

Star

dude i do almost the exact set up as you except i do hydro, my buds do look a bit frostier I think. I could give you a set up guide if You want to turn one or more 4x8 treys in to a pond. I work on a proven consistent method that has been used by my mentors for over 13 years. I am looking to tweak some things here and there in my rooms as well, like you said to maximize quality and quantity we need to always be willing to experiment here and there. I will start a grow log in the next few weeks i will be planting new babies in a 4x8.

delae632

delae632

IG @delae_632
Supporter
If you're hitting 2.4-3 per 1k I wouldn't change one thing. Seems like your system is solid and dialed in. Why fuck with a good thing?

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

dude i do almost the exact set up as you except i do hydro, my buds do look a bit frostier I think. I could give you a set up guide if You want to turn one or more 4x8 treys in to a pond. I work on a proven consistent method that has been used by my mentors for over 13 years. I am looking to tweak some things here and there in my rooms as well, like you said to maximize quality and quantity we need to always be willing to experiment here and there. I will start a grow log in the next few weeks i will be planting new babies in a 4x8.
If you're hitting 2.4-3 per 1k I wouldn't change one thing. Seems like your system is solid and dialed in. Why fuck with a good thing?

This guy hasn't been around in a LONG time, I've followed him on other forums and he just dropped off. I was able to collect enough info from this thread and a few others to mimic his style of growing. This guy kills it!

Reebs

Reebs

ya make it easy, pick up a few 4x8 trays and half as many 70 gal res's (u can use 1 res on alternating flood times for 2 trays) and run ebb & flow. honestly i've done a few but not all hydro systems with the same strain and ebb & flow has proven some crazy growth that i haven't seen with anything else.

although i've personally been looking into NFT systems. you can make these things long as you want or as $$ allows and from what i've heard the SOG style is almost what most NFT growers do, almost like it's the point of the whole system.

i bet you that with your skill level already that once you get your hands on an ebb & flow system, you will have colas at least the size of 2 liter pop bottles!! i've had several main cola's get this big. with and without co2

A

AZ Cultivation

Hi guys,
I've been a soil sog grower for a lot of years. Before growing on my own I worked in a lot of commercial soil grows; setting them up, maintenance, etc..
I believe I have completely peaked at getting the highest yield and smoke quality from the strains I've grown in soil sogs. I have reached 2.4-3lbs/1000 watt consistently now for the past few years by growing 70 to 75 plants per 5'x5' grow area per 1000 watt light growing clones vegged 2 weeks and flowering strains of 8 to 10 weeks.

I want to move on to what I think can be the ultimate yielding system and share it with all of you as the build and learning curve goes on.
I will post pictures all along the way.

I have a dilemma though that some of you expert hydro growers I hope can help me with. I need an expert hydro grower or growers to be my mentor/mentors setting up and running my new hydro system.

My vision is to replicate my soil sog set up but to do it all hydro to see if there is 100% truth to the fact that hydro can and will out yield soil grown mj if done in the exact same system with the same strains and with clones from the same mothers.

I currently use Advanced Nutrients line up which over the years I've experimented a lot with changing doses and ppm ratios between the base line nutes.

I am really interested in finding out what the hydro growers here would recommend I use in my new hydro system as the best line of hydro nutes to use and which schedules work the best to produce the best mj product and yield.

I would like if possible not to change my room designs or bed/planting design.
I would like to still use my beds which I will waterproof for hydro use.

My biggest question is which hydro system do you think will work best with my set ups and which way will be the best to set up my beds for planting/feeding 70-75 plants/light? Should I use 6" rockwool cubes fit together in the beds? If so will I have to cover the whole bed with a non light penetrating covering to protect the roots from light, etc..

I've done a lot of reading on hydro but there are so many different styles. What do you guys suggest will work the best with my system.

If hydro does out yield soil then I hope doing this will prove that and I may see yields over 3lbs/light with the new system.

Here's some pics of my current system set ups for my soil sogs:

I am setting up a commercial grow in Arizona and need assistance setting it up. I will compensate for assistance. Please reach out to me at [email protected].

Top Bottom