Solo Cup Challenge - Inspired by Bean throwing Day

• Thread starter tomatoesarecooltoo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Hortulanus

Hortulanus

I bought a mini auto drip system off amazon just for this challenge. Under $50 Canadian. I’m hoping this helps share the solo cup watering load.
I don’t want to hand feed all day long at the end 🤣

91FDA908 38ED 4C2E ACDD 8EE4732B7753

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
Dollar store DWC was a big fail... 🤔 so I'm experimenting with bottom/wick feeding, just pumping to a 4" catering tray about 1/8th inch deep. 🤷‍♂️

Test run so far so good 👍

Fudge

Fudge

Dollar store DWC was a big fail... 🤔 so I'm experimenting with bottom/wick feeding, just pumping to a 4" catering tray about 1/8th inch deep. 🤷‍♂️

Test run so far so good 👍
Well I'm doing that with my sog at mo so it 100% works, just make sure to line bottom with perlite so the roots aren't sat in the feed fir too long, it's basically using the same method as an aQuavalve and gravity fed system but flooding the tray yourself. I just got extra lazy and never actually put the float and tank on as it hit like a jungle. I'm flooding with 10 litres twice a day into a 1x1m tray with 20 plants in it. They're all healthy enough
20201228 142038

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
Well I'm doing that with my sog at mo so it 100% works, just make sure to line bottom with perlite so the roots aren't sat in the feed fir too long, it's basically using the same method as an aQuavalve and gravity fed system but flooding the tray yourself. I just got extra lazy and never actually put the float and tank on as it hit like a jungle. I'm flooding with 10 litres twice a day into a 1x1m tray with 20 plants in it. They're all healthy enoughView attachment 1072649
Cool! I started feeding my mom/dad tent like this too now for simplicity. Thanks for the perlite tip!! Great call 👍

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
Makes hand feeding SOOO much easier. Especially late veg before I usually put tank and aQuavalve on

Take a look at this, add a small tank, like a plastic trash bin and use the filter and grommets supplied. Even easier

Oh fuck it. Just award Fudge the trophy before we begin. Have you seen the shit he's been posting to the frostiest nugs thread? FIRE! :D

Fudge

Fudge

Oh fuck it. Just award Fudge the trophy before we begin. Have you seen the shit he's been posting to the frostiest nugs thread? FIRE! :D

Kind words

Think it's just my new phone making things look good, moving to a whole new level in solo cups and I drool at everyone else's pics, always thinking I must think my ladies are beautiful, a bit like how everyone thinks their children are the best looking kids ever 😂

Hortulanus

Hortulanus

Kind words

Think it's just my new phone making things look good, moving to a whole new level in solo cups and I drool at everyone else's pics, always thinking I must think my ladies are beautiful, a bit like how everyone thinks their children are the best looking kids ever 😂

Now I need to upgrade my phone to increase my yield?!? What’s next?
🤣🤣🤣

Edit: good news I ordered the new iPhone (android users - play nice) so hopefully when it comes in I can grow gorgeous trees haha

Fudge

Fudge

Now I need to upgrade my phone to increase my yield?!? What’s next?
🤣🤣🤣

Edit: good news I ordered the new iPhone (android users - play nice) so hopefully when it comes in I can grow gorgeous trees haha
I just think a good camera a helps show off the frost, colours and hues you just can't get with a lesser one,. I wont even attempt to get into freedom vs crapple 🤣🤣

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Check out my current solo cup auto. For another contest. Far from pretty but I’ve learned a lot. Buds are rock hard and some purps showing. Terps are smelling of sugar cookies 🍪 pretty frosty for an auto. She’s on flush mode. Day 75 I think.

Fudge

Fudge

Getting closer to the start date so reposting the rules as a reminder as promised.

Start date Jan. 9, seeds in media
end date May 1st.

You can start multiple seeds, but the entry plant must be selected by feb 21st.

Seeds only

Any Strain, Any Nutes, Reg or Fem, Photo or Auto, Any Media, Any Light
Roots can poke out of the cup, but no hanging way out of the cup

1st Place dry weight gets 50 seeds (lemon cheese x lemon haze)
1st Place Frostiness by vote gets 50 seeds (lemon cheese x lemon haze)

Other seed contributors may distribute their own contributions differently
Does this mean I can pop my seeds into paper towels before, then into cup on the 9th or are we literally wetting seeds on the 9th. I understand some may be putting direct into cup so would be a slight advantage if I popped before then. Not twisting or owt, just checking as it's getting close now 😊😊😊

Top Bottom