Solo Cup Challenge - Inspired by Bean throwing Day

• Thread starter tomatoesarecooltoo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Ok sorry I've been busy what are the rules with the elbow in a gallon pot I've got my 3.7 lts which is a tad less but I'm good just hit me with the rules so I'm skuled up .

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
Ok sorry I've been busy what are the rules with the elbow in a gallon pot I've got my 3.7 lts which is a tad less but I'm good just hit me with the rules so I'm skuled up .
Start date Jan. 9, seeds in media
end date April 1st.

You can start multiple seeds, but the entry plant must be selected by feb 21st.

Seeds only

Any Strain, Any Nutes, Reg or Fem, Photo or Auto, Any Media
Roots can poke out of the cup, but no hanging way out of the cup

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
All these previews so far are telling me to keep my horse in the trailer 🤣 😁 😎

At least you know your horse's name. I've never rode this bitch before... :D Zerbert Punch by Canna Bay Seed Company. They were some freebies. I've got Useful and BOG grows going, so I didn't want to mess with that stuff at all by introing another strain from either breeder.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Day after tomorrow is the 9th at-least in my time zone.
Thanks, I’ll prep tomorrow.
Prepped these today, on the hunt! I won’t be running any of these strains in the solo cup:)
B78415BA E14C 4DB8 BCDB 754E3EFFCC3E

Brendanpre

Brendanpre

IMG 20210109 113609

And they're off.

It's Saturday morning in sunny South Africa and my beans are in their cups! I have started five different strains so that I have a couple options. Also I'm not sure if I will get any males, all of these are bagseeds, so it really is a crapshoot as to what I will get.

I will also be doing this outdoors... It's summer here so let's see what happens. Lol. I'm not sure if this is a good idea though, there is a very real possibility some of these won't finish in time. I may have to limit light hours by moving them inside at night. Like most of this grow, I'll just be winging it!

I have started quite a selection to see what the different strains do in cups. From left right we have:

1. Blue cheese - not sure which one, it was greenhouse grown and I found 3 seeds in 4 grams of flower. That's about all I know about this seed's genetics, the grower usually has a couple different strains going at the same time and pollen could have come from anywhere. The bud I found them in was very good smoke though.

2. THC Bomb - also greenhouse grown. Found about 10 seeds in about 10 grams of bud. Again I have no clue where the pollen came from. The bud these came from was okay, but I think it could be much better. I suspect the grower may have had some issues with his grow.

3. Green Crack - also greenhouse grown, found quite few seeds in this... Was pretty good smoking bud though...

4. Swazi - probably the South African equivalent of the Mexican brick weed sold in USA. It is cheap, freely available here and usually seedy as hell. It is mostly grown outdoors in Swaziland and usually not very well cured or well grown... Traditionally Swazi is pretty much a land race Sativa, but sadly in recent years the genetics seem to have a bit of Indica creeping in. I have grown out quite few Swazi seeds from various sources over the years and you never know what you're going to get, some of it is average and some is amazing when grown with care. Could be interesting...

5. Lemon Sativa - lol. This one is total wild card! Came from a random seed I found last year and popped for fun. It looks like a pretty pure land race Sativa, one of those reach for the sky, tall, lanky, Christmas Tree shaped plants. It foxtails quite a bit, has loose, fluffy buds and smells almost entirely of fresh, zesty lemon. It also likes to take its time... The mother plant that I grew last year was 3 1/2 months into flower (and still had a while to go!) when bud rot started after a week of cold rainy weather and I was forced to chop her early. The smoke was pretty average, but I suspect that it could be waaaay better if it can finish properly. Not sure how well it will enjoy a solo cup.

That's the rundown on what I have going so far. I am quite excited about this challenge and seeing just what I can get out of these in solo cups.

Good luck to everyone taking part, we are all going to need it!!!

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
Oh fuck it. Couch beans. Have no idea what they are. Uh... they are all striped and speckled and pretty. If I had to guess... then I'd be absolutely wrong. The only thing I'm sure of is that it's cannabis. Seems like the old days. Found these seeds in my bag.

BTW... I'm all "strained" out. Been working on this bean library thing and I'm REALLY SICK OF FUCKING BEANS. So. This is going to a completely irreverent grow.

And to all of these guys who are throwing down a wider variety of beans than Rick's Cabaret has in tits in 9 States... peace be with you. I'm a variety whore. But some of you guys omg take the mfng icing right off the mfng cake. And in a solo cup challenge? Cool. You do you.

Oh throw down your best Witch's Frosty Tits x Ice Triangle or whatever and let it rip.

You're competing against my fucking couch beans. Wouldn't THAT be a humiliating loss? <should motivate the world... not>

Beans are down in the paper towel. Guess I'm a few days away from media and like Fudge... late. Whatever. At least I got to the party.

Where's the bar...

20210109 100959
Last edited:
One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
View attachment 1077218
And they're off.

It's Saturday morning in sunny South Africa and my beans are in their cups! I have started five different strains so that I have a couple options. Also I'm not sure if I will get any males, all of these are bagseeds, so it really is a crapshoot as to what I will get.

I will also be doing this outdoors... It's summer here so let's see what happens. Lol. I'm not sure if this is a good idea though, there is a very real possibility some of these won't finish in time. I may have to limit light hours by moving them inside at night. Like most of this grow, I'll just be winging it!

I have started quite a selection to see what the different strains do in cups. From left right we have:

1. Blue cheese - not sure which one, it was greenhouse grown and I found 3 seeds in 4 grams of flower. That's about all I know about this seed's genetics, the grower usually has a couple different strains going at the same time and pollen could have come from anywhere. The bud I found them in was very good smoke though.

2. THC Bomb - also greenhouse grown. Found about 10 seeds in about 10 grams of bud. Again I have no clue where the pollen came from. The bud these came from was okay, but I think it could be much better. I suspect the grower may have had some issues with his grow.

3. Green Crack - also greenhouse grown, found quite few seeds in this... Was pretty good smoking bud though...

4. Swazi - probably the South African equivalent of the Mexican brick weed sold in USA. It is cheap, freely available here and usually seedy as hell. It is mostly grown outdoors in Swaziland and usually not very well cured or well grown... Traditionally Swazi is pretty much a land race Sativa, but sadly in recent years the genetics seem to have a bit of Indica creeping in. I have grown out quite few Swazi seeds from various sources over the years and you never know what you're going to get, some of it is average and some is amazing when grown with care. Could be interesting...

5. Lemon Sativa - lol. This one is total wild card! Came from a random seed I found last year and popped for fun. It looks like a pretty pure land race Sativa, one of those reach for the sky, tall, lanky, Christmas Tree shaped plants. It foxtails quite a bit, has loose, fluffy buds and smells almost entirely of fresh, zesty lemon. It also likes to take its time... The mother plant that I grew last year was 3 1/2 months into flower (and still had a while to go!) when bud rot started after a week of cold rainy weather and I was forced to chop her early. The smoke was pretty average, but I suspect that it could be waaaay better if it can finish properly. Not sure how well it will enjoy a solo cup.

That's the rundown on what I have going so far. I am quite excited about this challenge and seeing just what I can get out of these in solo cups.

Good luck to everyone taking part, we are all going to need it!!!
Hi just a tip you want as many holes in that solo cup as you can get make an air pot from them it will help you heaps in drainage and getting plenty of oxygen past the roots .. regards OD . Check out my solo cup challenge last season .

Brendanpre

Brendanpre

Hi OD

Thanks for the kind words of wisdom. I've seen your grows and you definitely know what your doing.

I did actually think of doing that when I was burning holes in the bottom of the cups with my soldering iron. The only thing that put me off is that I know its going to be an absolute bitch with watering when(if!) the plants get big. I have a feeling I'm going to be watering just about hourly as it is...

And to be honest, being up against stiff competition like yourself, I am just swinging for the fence!!! Lol. Hopefully I can put in a respectable showing and not end up in complete failure!

Top Bottom