Solo Cup Christmas Tree: Who's In?!?

• Thread starter SadBadGrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SadBadGrower

SadBadGrower

There's really no " award " or "title" of any kind. Just a bunch of friendly growers having fun on a Solo Cup grow. However there may be a surprise to the winner??? Experience, medicine and a year of friendship lol ? So no tallest or biggest yield on a plant. Just going to judge the plant itself.

SadBadGrower

SadBadGrower

Wanted to get a average answer from everyone here.....On average, how long do you grow your photos from ground break to flip?

Seraphine

Seraphine

There's really no " award " or "title" of any kind. Just a bunch of friendly growers having fun on a Solo Cup grow. However there may be a surprise to the winner??? Experience, medicine and a year of friendship lol ? So no tallest or biggest yield on a plant. Just going to judge the plant itself.
Okay, so I want to make my plant look good, right? No restrictions on plant training?

DankVader75

DankVader75

Wanted to get a average answer from everyone here.....On average, how long do you grow your photos from ground break to flip?
I really don't have an answer for this, as I joined this challenge a day after I started flowering my first grow. I'm not sure being in 12/12 the full grow cycle of the Solo plant will be anywhere close to optimal success since so many different methods of growing and timeframes were accepted that now I'm doing it purely as 2 test plants for future reference

SadBadGrower

SadBadGrower

I really don't have an answer for this, as I joined this challenge a day after I started flowering my first grow. I'm not sure being in 12/12 the full grow cycle of the Solo plant will be anywhere close to optimal success since so many different methods of growing and timeframes were accepted that now I'm doing it purely as 2 test plants for future reference
Starting in 12/12 will just give you a micro grow. There's some who use this method when they only have like 2 ft in each direction to grow. One of the stealthiest ways to grow but yields are not much compared to a plant that has veg time. I know some people flip at 4 others 6 and some 8. Just trying to see what people usually do when vegging their plants and how much of a difference in yield will there be when a plant is vegged for 4 weeks compared to one for 6 weeks.

DankVader75

DankVader75

Starting in 12/12 will just give you a micro grow. There's some who use this method when they only have like 2 ft in each direction to grow. One of the stealthiest ways to grow but yields are not much compared to a plant that has veg time. I know some people flip at 4 others 6 and some 8. Just trying to see what people usually do when vegging their plants and how much of a difference in yield will there be when a plant is vegged for 4 weeks compared to one for 6 weeks.
I wasn't trying to start a debate; I honestly didn't know, so I'm just running with it!

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I don't know about ground break because I don't count seedlings but once they go into a 6 inch square pot the answer is 2-6 months, so the average would be about 4 months, but I'm trying to run smaller plants and get that closer to 3 months in veg

Seraphine

Seraphine

6 weeks from seed, max. My sativas, I veg 4 or 5 weeks from seed. Growing in coco, once they get past the seedling stage, growth just explodes and the plants grow so rapidly. One of the perks of coco growing.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
10 -12 weeks for me, small plants are a waste of time, I want to fill the my 5'x5'sq space with 4 plants. It doesn't always work out like that but 10 weeks is about right for me. I have 2 now I turned at 6 weeks and there's just not enough plant to produce what I'd like to see. This KC39 was a 6 week veg.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

10 -12 weeks for me, small plants are a waste of time, I want to fill the my 5'x5'sq space with 4 plants. It doesn't always work out like that but 10 weeks is about right for me. I have 2 now I turned at 6 weeks and there's just not enough plant to produce what I'd like to see. This KC39 was a 6 week veg.
Hey I know that plant! when are you going to decorate it & put it in the window? 🎄

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Hey I know that plant! when are you going to decorate it & put it in the window? 🎄
Not this year, I'll pull a tree out of the back yard for our Christmas tree. I live in an area they call the Christmas tree capital of the world (a big boast for tiny province) Christmas trees here pop out of the ground like weeds, we can't keep them under control. I cleaned up our back yard this year and pulled / cut /dug out over 100 live/dead/ mangled tees to create a park like space for my cat.

BigCube

BigCube

Depending on what you're doing. I vegged for 3 weeks in a 1.5x1.5x3.

Much less than 2 ft in any direction 🤣

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Depending on what you're doing. I vegged for 3 weeks in a 1.5x1.5x3.

Much less than 2 ft in any direction 🤣

My Solo cup entry with Chemdog week 1

Moshmen

Moshmen

Not grumpy, hence the 🤣 not everyone who disagrees with you is mad, upset or grumpy lol.

You said "everyone needs to". I am part of everyone, and I disagree. I dont need to.

👍👌🤣
We all tend to disagree on here at some point! That’s the ticking awesome thin. About this site, NO-ONE hold a grudge or even gets shitty! Disagreement and mistakes is how we all learn ! Everything ! And I mean everything was trail and error at some point!
Sorry for the tangent - just wanted to express how awesome the people are here even if we disagree

Top Bottom