Solow Grows Uzi Cookies

• Thread starter SoLowDolo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Srenots

Srenots

Absolutely. I would do the same as well but my well water is way too iron rich. I recently got an RO filter and things have gotten much better. Too much of one mineral can lock out others. Then you add more of the locked out mineral and that locks out another and so on. It’s no fun chasing your tail. Starting with good clean water helps more than most realize. It’s the single most important element in the universe let alone our micro gardens.

nothin like some good ole well water....6.7 from tap and 100 ppm....from the ridge

SoLowDolo

SoLowDolo

What's well water? I just turn the faucet on and water comes out. I've only seen buckets being lowered into holes into the ground in really old movies.
Ain't you ever been to someone's house out in the boondocks and their water smells bad? Lol, some people around here call it country water. I can't drink that shit. Some people's water smells like rotten eggs.

Axel Rose

Axel Rose

Ain't you ever been to someone's house out in the boondocks and their water smells bad? Lol, some people around here call it country water. I can't drink that shit. Some people's water smells like rotten eggs.
The well water in Estacada Oregon is really good. I doesn't smell like rotten eggs I promise hahaha. I prefer it over bottled water it tastes a lot better.

My GF grandparents have a garden wrapping around 2/3 of their home. They just use well water and fertilizer a couple times within the growing season. Their whole garden looks like a miracle gro commercial. Her zucchini and squash are AMAZING!

@Phylex its basically a pump deep in the ground that pulls the water to your home.

SoLowDolo

SoLowDolo

They put out some funky leaves:party1: and this calcium deficiency has hit me hard, I have increased my calmag

20190405 181632
20190405 181713

SoLowDolo

SoLowDolo

Nice early frost on the fans. I’m probably wrong but you might want to scope for bugs. I can’t tell if those are bite marks or a deficiency, as you mentioned
I'll definitely check just in case, but I think I for sure got a deficiency too. I'll try to get more pics later, but I have tiny little rust spots all over. I am still pretty new to all this. I looked at the chart and my noob diagnosis was calcium deficiency. Again, I could very well be wrong tho lol

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Sometimes calcium deficiency is from too much calcium. It is a larger ion and blocks roots easily.

I lower nutes or leach with fresh water when i see the rust spots on newer leaves like that.

I also notice the lowest fans get droopy and bowed down. Usually first.

SoLowDolo

SoLowDolo

Sometimes calcium deficiency is from too much calcium. It is a larger ion and blocks roots easily.

I lower nutes or leach with fresh water when i see the rust spots on newer leaves like that.

I also notice the lowest fans get droopy and bowed down. Usually first.
Only reason I figured deficiency is because it was really hungry. There were days it would drop 100 ppm. I was starting around 100 - 150 ppm calmag before adding my nutes. But this is all pretty new to me so I don't really even know lmao

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Only reason I figured deficiency is because it was really hungry. There were days it would drop 100 ppm. I was starting around 100 - 150 ppm calmag before adding my nutes. But this is all pretty new to me so I don't really even know lmao

If you have complete nutes you do not likely need more calmag. The nutes should already be in a correct ratio for rhe plant to get everything it needs so if it looks hungry just up the base nutes first.

I cant see the whole plant but those top leaves have plenty of nutrients. And the tips are starting to yellow. Nute stress. The edges turning up is also a sign of nutrient stress.

SoLowDolo

SoLowDolo

If you have complete nutes you do not likely need more calmag. The nutes should already be in a correct ratio for rhe plant to get everything it needs so if it looks hungry just up the base nutes first.

I cant see the whole plant but those top leaves have plenty of nutrients. And the tips are starting to yellow. Nute stress. The edges turning up is also a sign of nutrient stress.
Thanks bro I'll try n get some more pics real quick so you can see what's up

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

That was fast.

I would run some fresh water only through next watering to clearish runoff and lower nutes some back in to kind of re set the medium.

You are right they look hungry but also have calcium issues.

Whats the medium? I forget. If its coco i have not used and lnow it holds on to calcium tight.

SoLowDolo

SoLowDolo

That was fast.

I would run some fresh water only through next watering to clearish runoff and lower nutes some back in to kind of re set the medium.

You are right they look hungry but also have calcium issues.

Whats the medium? I forget. If its coco i have not used and lnow it holds on to calcium tight.
Im in dwc, can't really flush lol. Just changed the res out yesterday tho. Hasn't gotten any worse yet, holding steady around 700 ppm

Latest posts

Top Bottom