Solow Grows Uzi Cookies

• Thread starter SoLowDolo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SoLowDolo

SoLowDolo

Yup they like to eat. I’m finding it’s hard to over fert them though I’m sure you could if you tried. They seem to take whatever you give them and love you back for it. Great job bro!
Thanks! And yea, they can definitely eat lol. I can't wait to learn exactly what they like and get it dialed in perfectly. That's one thing I love about hydro. I can watch their uptake daily and see if they are feeding or not, and exactly how much.

SoLowDolo

SoLowDolo

So I got my kill-a-watt meter yesterday. I am now running each qb at 210 watts. And the smallest little space heater that I have uses 1200 watts! Won't be using that anymore lol. thankfully it's warming up

Erick31876

Erick31876

The oil filled radiator heaters usually have 3 settings. On low they are 600 watts. So i heat my spaces during lights off with them.
Thats good to know. Im going to have to get one for my shed when its finished. Heat wont be a problem at lights on because I'll bd using hps/mh. But lights off it gets cold out. It is starting to get warmer out but I dont want to tske any chances.

SoLowDolo

SoLowDolo

Here's a few shots of the flower tent. Trying to find the sweet spot and take care of this deficiency. Had to bump up to 700 ppm, so I will find out tonight when I check on them if it was too much or not enough. The short bush seems to be staying nice n tight so far too.
20190401 184025
20190401 182821
20190401 182828
20190401 182840
20190401 182919

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Thank you! Much appreciated.

On a side note, does anyone here use ro water? Just wondering what the best ppm would be for my calmag before I add nutes? I have been adding about 100-150 ppm of calmag before I add my nutes.

150ppm mineral content is the preferred amount for stable buffered water from everything I have read.

.3 ec.

However. If you are adding complete nutes with calcium and mag and micros no need to add cal mag too.

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

150ppm mineral content is the preferred amount for stable buffered water from everything I have read.

.3 ec.

However. If you are adding complete nutes with calcium and mag and micros no need to add cal mag too.

Awesome, thank you for the reply

150ppm is good. It sounds like you are adding the CalMag before other nutes, and that is how you want to make sure you keep doing it. The calcium will allow your other nutrients to dissolve into the water better. So if you are using RO water adding the CalMag is a must.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

150ppm is good. It sounds like you are adding the CalMag before other nutes, and that is how you want to make sure you keep doing it. The calcium will allow your other nutrients to dissolve into the water better. So if you are using RO water adding the CalMag is a must.

I dont use ro or cal mag anymore. My well water is 150 ppm and works great.

But i do disagree with needing cal mag if adding complete nutes. Its in there. But for water only times definitely needed.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
I mix my tap water (350ppm) with RO water (0ppm). I use about 1/4-1/3 tap water and the rest RO. It usually comes out at about 150-170ppm. No additional calmag. I do have Epsom salt and calcium carbonate I can add if either are needed. I do like to add a 1/4 tsp Epsom salt to my nutrient feedings and I feed every third watering or as needed. But that’s me personally. Your results may vary.

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

I dont use ro or cal mag anymore. My well water is 150 ppm and works great.

But i do disagree with needing cal mag if adding complete nutes. Its in there. But for water only times definitely needed.

If I had access to clean well water I would absolutely use that instead of RO water and CalMag. But with my water access filtration is the only option. And once it is filtered something needs to go in as a buffer to accept most liquid nutrients. I have found that most hydroponic nutrient lines do not have enough calcium in the base nutrients. So adding some in is the only way to get a complete dose in there. Again, this is not just for the sake of the plants but for the effective mixing of the nutrients as well. I personally use separate calcium (Demeter's Destiny) and magnesium (Sweet) products for specific control of what is in my feedings. When growing in soil water days are just that, water and nothing else. Ideally I have built sufficient amounts of both elements within the soil to carry from feeding to feeding.

Clearly all of this makes my way the obviously superior one, and its the only way it should be done (hack, hack, cough, cough,.....chuckles).

But seriously, I have seen your grows and your plants are gorgeous, so clearly what you are doing works. So this is clearly yet one more case of what works for me doesn't necessarily work for you or is inefficient in your system. That is what makes this plant so great, we can all have success with so many different ways of doing it correctly.

Srenots

Srenots

If I had access to clean well water I would absolutely use that instead of RO water and CalMag. But with my water access filtration is the only option. And once it is filtered something needs to go in as a buffer to accept most liquid nutrients. I have found that most hydroponic nutrient lines do not have enough calcium in the base nutrients. So adding some in is the only way to get a complete dose in there. Again, this is not just for the sake of the plants but for the effective mixing of the nutrients as well. I personally use separate calcium (Demeter's Destiny) and magnesium (Sweet) products for specific control of what is in my feedings. When growing in soil water days are just that, water and nothing else. Ideally I have built sufficient amounts of both elements within the soil to carry from feeding to feeding.

Clearly all of this makes my way the obviously superior one, and its the only way it should be done (hack, hack, cough, cough,.....chuckles).

But seriously, I have seen your grows and your plants are gorgeous, so clearly what you are doing works. So this is clearly yet one more case of what works for me doesn't necessarily work for you or is inefficient in your system. That is what makes this plant so great, we can all have success with so many different ways of doing it correctly.
copy that...

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter

Absolutely. I would do the same as well but my well water is way too iron rich. I recently got an RO filter and things have gotten much better. Too much of one mineral can lock out others. Then you add more of the locked out mineral and that locks out another and so on. It’s no fun chasing your tail. Starting with good clean water helps more than most realize. It’s the single most important element in the universe let alone our micro gardens.

Latest posts

Top Bottom