Sour Banana Sherbert

• Thread starter dirtyshawa
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dirtyshawa

dirtyshawa

Ordered some of these beans, which should be arriving in a couple of days. Crockett Family Farms is the breeder and the genetics are AJ's Sour Diesel x Banana Sherbert. There's literally no info on the web, but I cannot lie the name and Aj's Sour Diesel (?) sold me. Nevertheless, I'm excited as fuck to run these. Does anybody have experience or good info to share with:

Sour Banana Sherbert
Banana Sherbert
Sherbert
Aj's Sour D cut
Crockett Family Farms

I'm looking for the usual info flowering times, growth characteristics, feeding regimen, smell, highs, etc....

Calixylon

Calixylon

I know that a fellow hassachusetts resident took the Best Overall Sativa Concentrate with Mass Genetics pheno of Strawberry Banana, from Crockett Farms, so theres definetly some fire to be found in those beans id say. Im pretty sure Crockett farms works with DNA closely which would explain alot of his uber fruity strains, but sounds liek they throw some great terps and are exceptionally strong if they took chalice for first place BHO, crazy that some reletively unknown dude from the east coast took it home. Thats for all the haters thinking it matters were you live in this world, fire can be found anywhere

dirtyshawa

dirtyshawa

Thx Calixylon! I'm definitely gonna make some extracts. I need the flavor in my herb, while not sacrificing power. I just saw that chalice win on youtube. Do you think that strawberry banana you referenced is in the makeup of banana sherbert?

I can't find any info on the banana sherbert's parents. Seedfinder just lists the cross as family secret x unknown strain. The family secret is categorized as mostly sativa, but why would they list sherbert in the name if there's no sherbert in the cross. The Sour in the name obviously refers to Aj's cut being used; the family secret could possibly refer to the strawberry banana you spoke of; lastly, I'm thinking the unknown strain is sherbert to round the name off.

rubthe nub

rubthe nub

I'm pretty sure I read the banana part comes from banana kush or banana OG
I believe the sherbet is from berners and/or cookie family people
Should be able to find info on AJ's sour D
Of course I could be 100% wrong;)

dirtyshawa

dirtyshawa

rubthe nub you remember where you saw the info? I know people have these genetics because Crockett's gear been selling out everywhere since I've seen it listed across the web. I'm familiar with the cookie fam's gear, but I am puzzled why Crockett doesn't just put that out there like they were transparent about Aj's SD.

Calixylon I'm from the east coast, so I really know the effect SD has had. I know a ton of people still looking for that circa 2005 SD. I sure hope I get a pure sour pheno. I'm patiently waiting for some of the guys hear with those god-like setups to kill Crockett's gear. I know there's guys here secretly running their gear.

rubthe nub

rubthe nub

which info?
I read a lot of strain/genetic descriptions/info, lol.
Some breeders don't put the lines they're using out there.
That way nobody can either
A) copy their work
B) start shit about using "their" lines/genetics

dirtyshawa

dirtyshawa

which info?
I read a lot of strain/genetic descriptions/info, lol.
Some breeders don't put the lines they're using out there.
That way nobody can either
A) copy their work
B) start shit about using "their" lines/genetics

I can see why some breeders blur the lines, but I guess for me I really like being transparent to my patients. Also, I really like to say no this is the real deal because it came from this breeder etc.

My bad for not being specific. I was speaking about the banana part being banana og...

dirtyshawa

dirtyshawa

Thanks true grit! The beans arrived safely the other day. I'm definitely gonna document them here since no one else has just yet, plus a few other goodies I stashed away. I should have a journal up in 3 weeks or so when I move to a bigger spot where I can fit 2 8x8 tents comfortably. I'm thinking of running some 1000w Gavita's, if I can find the 120v models I heard about.
20150724 2144521

soserthc1

soserthc1

Strain does sound funky ... Gotta be good with banana OG and sherbet in the make up.
Again I'm gonna agree with @Calixylon good to see some wins coming from east coast ...

Good luck

dirtyshawa

dirtyshawa

You're a lucky guy to get these for free Limonene! Don't pop those beans now, pop those beans Right Now lol! I'll definitely come back and link it here.

Yeah, soserthc I had some sherbert something (I can't remember the name) from my friend's guy, I was pleasantly surprised. I knew of sherbert when pieguy would post it on ig from time to time, but had no personal experience with the flowers until about a month and a half ago. I scoured San Fran and Oakland for 2010 through 2011 for authentic cookies and went through quite a bit during that time, so I was very familiar with the terpene profile. You could tell there was a resemblance to cookies in that 8th I got from my friend's friend. To your east coast point, when I first started to frequent the Bay I would bring back different og's, Chemdog #4, and bubba hybrids to my hometown in VA. My bro's father always talked about herb nowadays was inferior to his day and before he'd pass out after smoking some of the samples I'd give him (lol) he'd say, "Awww this ain't nothing but good skunk weed." I been thinking as of late about the SkunkVA guy and his chemdog cut. When I was growing up in VA we had a lot of dank ass herb. We had a lot of skunk flying around, California Gold, and Chocolate Tai. I wonder if SkunkVA really from VA or was that just an irrelevant online handle. I've only been on the boards since late '06, but I wonder had I come across the "og's, kushes" that we know now as a teenager.

I said all that to say this, my circle and the people I looked up to growing up while on the east coast had hella dank! So much so, that a lot of stuff I've had in Cali with a good to great rep was frowned upon back east. The blue dreams, ecsd, afgoo, trainwreck, gdp, and a few others I can't seem to remember. However, the chemdog line strains are beloved. Anyway, I hope Sour Banana Sherbert falls into the proper dank lane after I find some good phenos.

Legal Canuck

Legal Canuck

Ordered some of these beans, which should be arriving in a couple of days. Crockett Family Farms is the breeder and the genetics are AJ's Sour Diesel x Banana Sherbert. There's literally no info on the web, but I cannot lie the name and Aj's Sour Diesel (?) sold me. Nevertheless, I'm excited as fuck to run these. Does anybody have experience or good info to share with:

Sour Banana Sherbert
Banana Sherbert
Sherbert
Aj's Sour D cut
Crockett Family Farms

I'm looking for the usual info flowering times, growth characteristics, feeding regimen, smell, highs, etc....
I have the sour banana sherbet flowering right now she looks nice too.

dirtyshawa

dirtyshawa

I have the sour banana sherbet flowering right now she looks nice too.
Good stuff brother! I am a little behind schedule here. I messed around and fell in love and you know how that can throw a monkey wrench into your plans lol. I've been on a tremendous vacation. I haven't forgot to update this thread, that's why I'm checking back now. The magic is getting ready to happen. Feel free to post your experiences and pics with her. I'd love to hear your experience thus far in detail....

kds710

kds710

Here is a single Sour Bananna Sherb i have in veg right now at 12 inches tall with a really nice looking structure and you dont need to rub the stem to smell the unique odor it gives off just sitting there. Thinking of taking the lowest 2 branches as cuts hoping this is a nice good yielding pheno. With my last order from Attitude, or Choice actually, i got a pack of 2 seeds each of Crockett's Sour Banana Sherbet and Afternoon Delight

Legal Canuck

Legal Canuck

Here is a single Sour Bananna Sherb i have in veg right now at 12 inches tall with a really nice looking structure and you dont need to rub the stem to smell the unique odor it gives off just sitting there. Thinking of taking the lowest 2 branches as cuts hoping this is a nice good yielding pheno. With my last order from Attitude, or Choice actually, i got a pack of 2 seeds each of Crockett's Sour Banana Sherbet and Afternoon DelightView attachment 545459View attachment 545458
Nice and healthy looking

Thereallenny

Thereallenny

I grew this in my outdoor this year and it's incredible. Huge colas and my pheno was a def Sour Dom but still a little banana and made outstanding bho. My buddy took some cuts and just finished his and it was so nice you couldn't ask for more. Yield, taste, smell and potent .

Top Bottom