Sour Larry Lime Pebbles #9

• Thread starter SoLowDolo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SoLowDolo

SoLowDolo

Found another Herm tonight. I don't even give a fuck at this point. I picked it off and let it go. It was open. I should have just kept all the plants. Pretty sure I'm gonna have some seedy shit. I got brown hairs all over already...

SoLowDolo

SoLowDolo

I got lazy... I could have prevented this. But yeah, pretty pissed right now...
IMG 20190201 192052822

NHWhites

NHWhites

Dude wtf that sucks. Something seems off. Your entire pack either herm’d or was male and fudge only had 1.5 out of 80 herm.
Are you using any humic’s?

TerpyTyrone

TerpyTyrone

For sure. It of course depends on your goal for the grow. If you’re trying to turn a profit and can’t afford to lose then obviously seeds aren’t a viable option.

If you are a medical user and have ailments that need certain strains or characteristics and you need regular medicine then seeds aren’t an ideal solution either.

If you are a casual smoker who likes to blow the tits off friends and have bragging rights and be known as a grow god then seeds can do a lot to help you accomplish that.

The general public knows little about this stuff. They don’t know the intricacies of genetics and growing. They just know this stuff tastes like blueberries. This shit is sticky. This one makes me sleepy or this one makes me happy. So it’s not hard to come off as an authority figure to most of the population. But if you give them something they’ve never had before it elevates you to god like status in their minds and they’ll take your word as gospel.

So it just depends on goals and your end game and what motivates you to grow.

I personally like giving away a large portion of my grows just to see people happy and enjoy themselves. For Christmas this year I handed out 1/4 oz jars of fresh AK47 and each person who got one seemed to love it. None of them had it before and they really appreciated the gesture. I didn’t ask for anything in return but their honest opinion and for me that’s good enough.

As other strains matured and became available I handed out samples of them to see how they liked it. So far so good. I just like to see them light up when you hand them something they’ve never experienced before. To me that’s payment enough and makes me feel good about my minor role on the planet.

Damn I just realized I’ve been rambling for damn near 20 minutes typing this shit out. My apologies to those who brave the task of reading my dribble. Haha.
Me too. Literally, everyone smokes, or know someone who does! It won't be in the sock drawer for long!

TerpyTyrone

TerpyTyrone

Out of the 40+ I ran i had 1.5 herms,which i stated.out of the 3 packs my buddy in Florida ran,he had none.with your pack that puts me at 2.5 herms in over 80 seeds,which is acceptable in my eyes.thats still well below 10%,which is still very good for a cookie cross.look at what some others are dealing with with other gear and 2.5 on 88 isnt bad at all.
Putting a bomb in someone's garden is the last thing I would ever want,and if that herm % ever goes above 10 that's reason enough to bin it and not deal with the potential problems.
I have talked to many people that believe even 20% is acceptable,which I could never handle worrying about 2 herms in every 10 seeds.1 in every 2-3 packs is tough enough
I'm glad you snagged it up SoLo,good eyes.that is a true herm,non stress related
Well put!

SoLowDolo

SoLowDolo

So I bought calibration solution yesterday for my pH pen. I got 4 pH and 7pH, which seemed pretty standard to me. Well, turns out the pen calibrates to 4 and 6.86 solution. So I just said fuck it and bought a bluelab pen. It's a little pricey, but I can't be fucking up my pH too bad in hydro like I could in soil, or things are really gonna go to shit!

Top Bottom