Sour Larry Lime Pebbles #9

• Thread starter SoLowDolo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SoLowDolo

SoLowDolo

Looking killer, frosty and chunking up
Thank you! The one with the thinner leaves smells very similar to the way my sour diesel smelled after it cured for a month. It smells killer! It's heavy diesel with some skunk and a hint of fruit. The other is sweet and skunky right now.

SoLowDolo

SoLowDolo

On point bro. Very nice indeed. Any of them have that cereal terp profile?
Thanks! And I don't think so lol. It's hard for me to describe smells. It's crazy all the different combinations of scents people say their weed has lol. Its all pretty new to me. I've always basically had skunky smelling weed or just dirty smelling weed my whole life lol. Sometimes a little fruit.

But if you mean does it smell like cereal, then I would say no, not yet anyway lol

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Yeah I find some people can’t smell the subtle nuances. My brother for example. He doesn’t smell the differences. You almost have to ignore the main scent and focus on the subtle undertones. Takes a bit to train your nose to do so.

One of my most obnoxious smelling strains was actually my most popular the last round. I had a Chocolate Diesel that was for all practical purposes straight sour d. The Diesel smell was overwhelming to the point it covered up any signs of undertones. To me it was horrible. Way too offensive. But others seemed to love it. I don’t get it. I ended up killing off that pheno as I have another just like it that grows better. So between the two it got the axe and I’ll keep CD3 around another few rounds until they get sick of it. Then I’ll bin it too. Lol.

SoLowDolo

SoLowDolo

This one here is something special. And she's gonna be a fast finisher. All cloudy already.
20190211 181556
20190211 181608
20190211 181702
20190211 181628
20190211 181649

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

Hell yea! I run 11/13. I think that speeds things up

I was thinking about doing the same thing, but I was wondering if my yield would be compromised at all. The majority of my girls are a 10 week strain, so reducing the light for 1 hour each day over 70 days is a relatively significant amount of light they won't be getting. Would I be sacrificing yield for one less week of growth?

There is also the issue of timing, I have a very wierd schedule and sometimes have late mornings then late nights on consecutive days where I can only work on the girls early in the morning and late at night and being on a 12/12 schedule may get me home just in time to do a little work right before lights out.

SoLowDolo

SoLowDolo

I was thinking about doing the same thing, but I was wondering if my yield would be compromised at all. The majority of my girls are a 10 week strain, so reducing the light for 1 hour each day over 70 days is a relatively significant amount of light they won't be getting. Would I be sacrificing yield for one less week of growth?

There is also the issue of timing, I have a very wierd schedule and sometimes have late mornings then late nights on consecutive days where I can only work on the girls early in the morning and late at night and being on a 12/12 schedule may get me home just in time to do a little work right before lights out.
I have heard people say you may yield less when doing 11/13, but I have no experience even doing 12/12 and haven't seen a real side by side, so I can really say lol. I know what you mean about the schedule tho! I debated for so long on when to set my timer, and actually set it a little later than I wanted, just in case I needed to go down there early morning. It's hard to run your lights at night and get to spend quality time with your girls when you have a full time job lol

SoLowDolo

SoLowDolo

Looking real good. How are the aromas coming off them? Are you flushing them now?
Thanks! One is real rank. Like skunky mixed with a fart lol. But like it's your own fart, so u don't mind the smell, it's enjoyable, even. Haha. The other one is sweet, a little fruity, and a little skunky right now. And yes, I'm done feeding them

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

The fade made it look that way. And the colors from the fade are really nice, you may get a nice purple highlight in your buds. Its also nice to see the NFTG nutes flush out so cleanly; I just got my sample pack in the mail yesterday and am going to sun them in my next round I think.

Now do you like the NFTG nutes more than the Megacrop you used on the last round?

SoLowDolo

SoLowDolo

The fade made it look that way. And the colors from the fade are really nice, you may get a nice purple highlight in your buds. Its also nice to see the NFTG nutes flush out so cleanly; I just got my sample pack in the mail yesterday and am going to sun them in my next round I think.

Now do you like the NFTG nutes more than the Megacrop you used on the last round?
Yea there is a lot of purple on the undersides of the leaves. Looks real cool.

For ease of use, and the price, I would go with the mega crop. However, I didn't like the amount of nitrogen from megacrop in flower. If you like more control over what you're adding, and you like organics, then I would recommend nftg. But it's really hard to say what performed better since these plants are quite different than my sour d.

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

Yea there is a lot of purple on the undersides of the leaves. Looks real cool.

For ease of use, and the price, I would go with the mega crop. However, I didn't like the amount of nitrogen from megacrop in flower. If you like more control over what you're adding, and you like organics, then I would recommend nftg. But it's really hard to say what performed better since these plants are quite different than my sour d.

Totally understood, and I thought of that when I asked. For a more precise question, did you see any deficiencies or issues through the grow with NFTG?

Top Bottom