Sour Larry Lime Pebbles #9

• Thread starter SoLowDolo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
... And do you not cut your fan leaves? Everyone i see always has theirs cut on clones. Can't even really remember why. Just curious...

Not usually but sometimes. It just depends on the cut. I like to keep enough vegetation for it to survive but not so much that it clutters things up. Hard to describe but you get the point. Some strains have huge fan leaves. So those info trim back some. About 1/2 way.

DieselDuds

DieselDuds

If always cut my leaves to promote root growth and I gave them a slight mist in the beginning. Get yourself some clonex cloning solution and some clear rez to keep your cloning resivor clean from algea. As well don't let your water get above 74°. That's my limit at least. I like 68-72° run your pump 15 on and 15 off to keep water cool. Or have it on your basement floor or on a little foam pad . And in 10 days or less you should have sweet clean white roots! Good stuff on your grow , read the whole damn thing lol. Wife rolled a blunt, got some booty and logged on here. Lol that Breeder that's showing those videos , I forgot his name sorry, a little stoned and read 8 pages lol. He has some time under his belt and kudos to you sir. Good work! I'm sticking around this forum get use to me being around here for now on lol. Time for bed, peace out everyone

SoLowDolo

SoLowDolo

If always cut my leaves to promote root growth and I gave them a slight mist in the beginning. Get yourself some clonex cloning solution and some clear rez to keep your cloning resivor clean from algea. As well don't let your water get above 74°. That's my limit at least. I like 68-72° run your pump 15 on and 15 off to keep water cool. Or have it on your basement floor or on a little foam pad . And in 10 days or less you should have sweet clean white roots! Good stuff on your grow , read the whole damn thing lol. Wife rolled a blunt, got some booty and logged on here. Lol that Breeder that's showing those videos , I forgot his name sorry, a little stoned and read 8 pages lol. He has some time under his belt and kudos to you sir. Good work! I'm sticking around this forum get use to me being around here for now on lol. Time for bed, peace out everyone
Thanks for the tip bro. That's perfect for me to put it on the basement floor. And thanks for checking out my grow btw. I like all the input I can get on it!

SoLowDolo

SoLowDolo

Would this be enough light to start some clones?
IMG 20181205 155635752

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Anyone know about what distance I should put this?

Hard to say without seeing it in action. You can probably run it fairly close without any issues. I’d say normal height should be fine.

Monster762

Monster762

Thanks, and yeah that's right, I remember now. Less energy on photosynthesis equals more energy on root development.
Yeah but that starve that plant of light n no roots grow. Explain that. The light to the leaves is part of what brings the plant back. I never cut em.

Monster762

Monster762

Nah I do 24 hrs too but what I’m saying is what uses the light? The leaves. I mean yes they will grow either way long as the new growth is good. But I’ve found no advantage at all to cutting the leaves all up. I think people try to look fancy when it really ain’t helping nothing. I usually start my clone cuts 2-4 inches. I leave all leaves n just choose something with healthy new growth. Put clonex gel and powder on em put em in root riots in humidity dome.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Yeah I only trim back the fans if they are too big and I’ve got cuts next to them that need more light. Otherwise I leave em. Not all strains have this problem. Right now my Cali-O is one I’ve had to do this with. Not a big deal either way. Once they root they’re off to the races.

SoLowDolo

SoLowDolo

Yeah I dunno, it could be wrong. That's just what I read. Not that 24/0 doesn't work, just that a little dark period helps. You guys know how much misinformation is out there tho. But plants do different things in the dark, in relation to co2 intake and root development. But I'm not too worried. I topped them last night, and I will try to clone the tops but if they all die, I got plenty of time to take more.

Monster762

Monster762

Yeah I dunno, it could be wrong. That's just what I read. Not that 24/0 doesn't work, just that a little dark period helps. You guys know how much misinformation is out there tho. But plants do different things in the dark, in relation to co2 intake and root development. But I'm not too worried. I topped them last night, and I will try to clone the tops but if they all die, I got plenty of time to take more.
Oh I’m talking cloning I think cloning benefits from 24/0.
Now veg all out I think is best as you said with a short dark period. 18/6 worked real well. Every time lights came on they were standing up looking for em. I’ve never tried 20/4.

SoLowDolo

SoLowDolo

Oh I’m talking cloning I think cloning benefits from 24/0.
Now veg all out I think is best as you said with a short dark period. 18/6 worked real well. Every time lights came on they were standing up looking for em. I’ve never tried 20/4.
I wonder if there is a side by side out there of 18/6 clones vs. 24/0 clones and which ones root faster. I haven't done a ton of research but from what I read last night there were conflicting opinions, but I didn't see a side by side yet.

Monster762

Monster762

I wonder if there is a side by side out there of 18/6 clones vs. 24/0 clones and which ones root faster. I haven't done a ton of research but from what I read last night there were conflicting opinions, but I didn't see a side by side yet.
Yeah I’ve never seen a side by side. There definately is things that happen in dark period that don’t during lights on. I guess I can put a timer on my next cuts. I’ll be cutting some soon to keep the mothers cleaned up.

Top Bottom