Source Turbo tinctures-oils & shatter (methanol/alcohol extraction)

• Thread starter AnselAdams
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ozarkgrey

ozarkgrey

Supporter
HOLY SHIT BATMAN!!!

That is friggin awesome. I want, i want. i want...

I'm with you. Time to "get busy" dude!!

btw: i was told that if we want to save our pumps that we will need a cold trap. The only one i found reasonably priced was from bvv. Since we are looking at pouring a lot of solvent into the vac, the off-gassing will end up in the pump and fuck them up. The theory is the same as BHO closed-loop processing. Dry ice goes in then cold trap center hold. As solvent off-gasses as it heats up; physics says that the vaporized gas wants to "chase the cold". In other words it will flow towards the coldness (on the outside of the center hold with the dry ice; the two don't mix) so that it can condense and be collected.

The trap goes between the vac and the pump with an isolation valve between the cold trap and the pump so that the cold trap is part of the vac system. Now for the bad and the good part. A lab quality cold trap is around 1500 bucks (and that is a cheap one). On the other hand the one from BVV is 200. 🍻
shit.....

ozarkgrey

ozarkgrey

Supporter
are those straight thc crystals?

How are they made?

yes they are but i have no clue how they go about that. however it hits like a freight train with a bright peeky high that forces your eyes closed on exhale. hahah
so do the new and improved ones have the cold trap build in, or is that a flaw in the design so to speak? my product pug has a press coming in for me this week
so i'm going to start in on that soon as well. i'm told after 3 days curing buds press the best? i dunnooo

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
yes they are but i have no clue how they go about that. however it hits like a freight train with a bright peeky high that forces your eyes closed on exhale. hahah
so do the new and improved ones have the cold trap build in, or is that a flaw in the design so to speak? my product pug has a press coming in for me this week
so i'm going to start in on that soon as well. i'm told after 3 days curing buds press the best? i dunnooo

Cool. Then we can use this page for this as well or we can reuse a post i made last year when i purchased my 30 ton press from BVV

😎

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
Back to the latest run 🏃‍♂️ , I sidetracked by life!! 🤞

This afternoon i washed 34 grams of frozen trim in 500ml +- of frozen 99.5 Alcohol (Mehtanol held up by bad weather and hasmat... arggghhh).

Any who..... , the soup is on. I did not get much green at all. Take a look and compare to previous posts. I'll update when i get to the end of distillation. 🍻

20200205 131842
20200205 131845
20200205 131852
20200205 131905
20200205 132012
20200205 144019
20200205 144033
Dan789

Dan789

Been watching and following the posts in this thread, props for all the information to all @ozarkgrey @AnselAdams & @SkunkyDunk . I'm looking to simplify/hasten a filtering of a coconut oil infusion that I then make into caps. This buchner funnel/vacuum extraction maybe something I could adapt, go get away from my mcgiver set up, also to speed things up. Any thoughts on the screen mesh size that would allow filtering of the oil, without getting too clogged with the fine sediment that I get after straining the rough mixture with the magic butter maker 190 micron screen? Get that it would be smaller, but don't want to go so far that it clogs. Without using a vacuum and just gravity, a paper coffee filter clogs up fast in that quest, hence the question...

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
First Cycle has completed!

Topped off the crucible and reset to turbo mode.
Been watching and following the posts in this thread, props for all the information to all @ozarkgrey @AnselAdams & @SkunkyDunk . I'm looking to simplify/hasten a filtering of a coconut oil infusion that I then make into caps. This buchner funnel/vacuum extraction maybe something I could adapt, go get away from my mcgiver set up, also to speed things up. Any thoughts on the screen mesh size that would allow filtering of the oil, without getting too clogged with the fine sediment that I get after straining the rough mixture with the magic butter maker 190 micron screen? Get that it would be smaller, but don't want to go so far that it clogs. Without using a vacuum and just gravity, a paper coffee filter clogs up fast in that quest, hence the question...

I think you are going to have a hard time finding something that will gravity feed a liquid that thick. Heated maybe; a big maybe. Especially without a vacuum. In the filter that i am using the fitted glass filter comes in three sizes; all of which the mfg says will have a problem gravity feeding even water without a vacuum. To that end you could go with the type that does not have the glass insert (much cheaper) and then try to find the correct ashless filter paper to fit it. The best place to find metal screens is acutally BVV. They have screens from 1in to i believe 6in and just about every mesh size you could want.

btw. a cheap lab quality vacuum (will not cause a spark) can be found on amazon for around 40 bucks (check the post earlier in this thread).

Cheers and Happy Farming 🍻

SkunkyDunk

SkunkyDunk

Supporter
This and a 40 dollar vacuum pump will fix you up, oh and some coffee filters.

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
Back to the latest run 🏃‍♂️ , I sidetracked by life!! 🤞

This afternoon i washed 34 grams of frozen trim in 500ml +- of frozen 99.5 Alcohol (Mehtanol held up by bad weather and hasmat... arggghhh).

Any who..... , the soup is on. I did not get much green at all. Take a look and compare to previous posts. I'll update when i get to the end of distillation. 🍻

Distillation Completed:

Not much to look at ☹ and certainly not 20% lol.

My next run will be with quality buds so hopefully i have a sound enough process not to waste the $$. We'll see

Here are the end photos before it goes into vac.

20200205 164450
20200205 164847
20200205 183755
20200205 190522
20200205 190621
20200205 190908
SkunkyDunk

SkunkyDunk

Supporter
Do you vacuum distill the solvent off?

I just decarbed 44 grams of bud.
Put 500ml everclear 190 on it and in the freezer.
I need to order some vacuum pump oil.

Top Bottom