South Africa Outdoor Grow

• Thread starter Sun Valley
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Sun Valley

Sun Valley

Bravo ! Your workmanship and show proves in the plants and loving the Dew collector plan (subbed )

Keep it up, how harsh is the law where you live if you mind me asking me asking in your region ? I would love to move out of the US and do what your doing ( I grow indoors and outdoors ina medical state ) and live in Africa or Asia but if the laws there will put you under the building for a simple plant worse than us what's the use ?
Thanks! Been doing the dew thing for a few seasons now. Works wonders

Sun Valley

Sun Valley

Update on the girls .. so far coming along well. A few of the early finishers getting flushed out now. 2 - 5 weeks left. Select branches on all the girls were pollinated with my Cataract Kush.

20170312 171743

Hunting every morning and every evening .. Every bud every plant lol
20170311 063829
20170307 081734

20170304 173429

Sun Valley

Sun Valley

great plants.. very nice.. so caterpillars like the herb too?

chris.
Yeah with the moths around its hard to avoid. Probably close on a hundred pulled off so far already this year. Sometimes find 3 on 1 bud. You literally have to hunt every day at least twice a day. It's weird how some plants are affected more than others though. Maybe someone has some answers

jipp

jipp

sounds like a breeding project, what strains are more caterpillar resitent?

even if its only for your climate, maybe worth the effort yeah.. man what do you do with the bugs feed them to a pet lizard or something, or toss in the super soil mix for good mojo. lol

chris.

Sun Valley

Sun Valley

Well of the crosses I'm running the more kush dominant phenos seem to a bit more resistant in the way they that you can see the caterpillar was on the leaf from the droppings and tiny piece of bud been effected .. then I dunno if they doe or decide the plant isn't for them lmao. The more cheese and blueberry phenos tend to get hit harder. The pic with the caterpillar I.. that plant I'm babysitting daily. More cheese blueberry smelling and I dunno they fucking mobbing it. I do have a burmese kush growing that too is getting hit hard but I think that's due to its position in the garden.

jipp

jipp

its all good. man, the moths dig the blueberry. to funny!

well keep at it, end result is gonna be some fire!
chris.

Sun Valley

Sun Valley

Oh my SSH x NYC 1&2 also keeping an eye on. My #1 had a couple visits

Sun Valley

Sun Valley

its all good. man, the moths dig the blueberry. to funny!

well keep at it, end result is gonna be some fire!
chris.
Thank you sir. Yeah I have honestly been wondering if the moths like the blueberry smell and are more attracted to it lmao. My SSH x NY #2 stinks of fuely lemon.. gotta feeling they gonna love it :crying2:

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

Yeah with the moths around its hard to avoid. Probably close on a hundred pulled off so far already this year. Sometimes find 3 on 1 bud. You literally have to hunt every day at least twice a day. It's weird how some plants are affected more than others though. Maybe someone has some answers
I got some answers for you. First this is only from my experience of growing outdoors for the last decade, I by no means am the end all expert in anything but I have observed a lot: caterpillars are awful and what I have seen is that they love the sweet and hazy varieties, don't get me wrong they will eat everything but they just love the sweet stuff and leave a lot of the super gassy stuff like sour diesel alone. The other thing, if you can figure out a quick light depot for next year and you harvest a month earlier you should avoid most the caterpillars and also utilize that last spurt of dry weather. Those are the only tips, that and spinosad works really good especially if used at the start of flower. Hope that's a little helpful. Beyond that the dusk and dawn picking is a must.

Sun Valley

Sun Valley

I got some answers for you. First this is only from my experience of growing outdoors for the last decade, I by no means am the end all expert in anything but I have observed a lot: caterpillars are awful and what I have seen is that they love the sweet and hazy varieties, don't get me wrong they will eat everything but they just love the sweet stuff and leave a lot of the super gassy stuff like sour diesel alone. The other thing, if you can figure out a quick light depot for next year and you harvest a month earlier you should avoid most the caterpillars and also utilize that last spurt of dry weather. Those are the only tips, that and spinosad works really good especially if used at the start of flower. Hope that's a little helpful. Beyond that the dusk and dawn picking is a must.
Yeah definitely hitting the sweeter girls. The pic with the crapterpillar is getting attacked hard and is going to look pretty deformed in a few weeks which sux because she smells insane. I did the spraying that I could but stopped everything 2 weeks into flower and have had a lot of rain which hasn't helped.
Been doing light dep the last few years but decided to give it a miss this year and took the greenhouse down to move it. definitely doing it again this next season when I rebuild. Thanks for the reasoning on the crappers. . I fully agree.

Sun Valley

Sun Valley

Of course I see it. I'm a leval 10 caterpillar hunter :).
:badboy: lmao.. I'm with you man. I do that 1st morning search for like an hour generally on my size garden.. then go and reset my eyes by throwing sticks for the muts for like 10 min then hit them again.. my eyes seem to just adjust and see things on the buds better on the 2nd look lol. Then again at night. I hate them! :crying2:

Dunge

Dunge

How long does a caterpillar need to live un-detected on the plant to get that large?

MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

Probly about a month is my guess. I really like this granulated product called Dipel. It's super cheap and works amazing. You can spray up to 4 or 5 weeks into flower as well

SpiderK

SpiderK

get a quality sprayer and use neem twice or three times per week, after a rain, caterpillars, white fly, aphids = gone

leaf will look like polish, after one bit they are toast. clean the sprayer with hot water when done, the neem gunks up ....., metal sprayers are better yet.

Sun Valley

Sun Valley

How long does a caterpillar need to live un-detected on the plant to get that large?
I'm guessing a few hours. Not 100% sure. I've pulled off tiny ones and much larger fatter ones dug right down in the nugs. So can only guess a few hours cos they weren't there earlier lol.

Latest posts

Top Bottom