South Africa Outdoor Grow

• Thread starter Sun Valley
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Sun Valley

Sun Valley

get a quality sprayer and use neem twice per week, caterpillars, white fly, aphids = gone
100% but I stop all spraying when they start to flower unless I really have to. We've had a lot of rain hit lately so pretty sure everything's been washed off.. so my only option right now this far in is hunt lol.

SpiderK

SpiderK

neem is o.k. in flower, people eat it in India for over 1,000 years.

Goji

Sun Valley

Sun Valley

Probly about a month is my guess. I really like this granulated product called Dipel. It's super cheap and works amazing. You can spray up to 4 or 5 weeks into flower as well
I have something similar but wasn't sure how long in on could use it... I'm alway worried it will be concentrated in the extractions I do. Sometimes I think I'm too pedantic lmao

SpiderK

SpiderK

The ability of neem to treat many illnesses is described in the earliest Sanskrit writings. For more than 4,500 years, Ayurvedic healers have used the bark, seeds, leaves, fruit, gum and oils of the neem tree (Azadirachta indica) for dozens of internal and external medical treatments.

Historically its uses have included a wide variety of diseases and disorders including malaria, dental health problems, diabetes, heart disease, pain jaundice, leprosy, stomach ulcers, chicken pox, heat-rash and many other skin disorders including cuts, bruises, acne, boils and wounds.

Modern researchers have isolated more than 140 compounds from different parts of the tree; these compounds have been shown, mostly in animal and laboratory studies exert anticancer, antioxidant,wound-healing and antimicrobial properties. Neem is also a powerful insecticide that has become a staple of many natural head lice treatments and mosquito repellents.

A natural insecticide

In fact Neem’s insecticidal properties make it a useful substance for farmers. Long before synthetic chemicals and commercial insecticides were available, neem was used in Indian villages to protect and nourish crops. Farmers usually mix neem leaves with grain before keeping it in storage.

Eco-friendly pesticides like neem reduce the risk of exposing pests’ natural enemies such as birds and small mammals to food poisoned with commercial pesticides. They also offer the prospect of better food quality as there is no toxic residue in the food. Neem is non-toxic to birds, animals, earthworms and man but protects crops from pests.

http://www.nyrnaturalnews.com/article/neem-natural-healing-from-the-village-pharmacy/

lino

lino

get a quality sprayer and use neem twice or three times per week, after a rain, caterpillars, white fly, aphids = gone

leaf will look like polish, after one bit they are toast. clean the sprayer with hot water when done, the neem gunks up ....., metal sprayers are better yet.
certain strain of Bt will kill the caterpillar larva also as a preventive midseason.

lino

lino

The ability of neem to treat many illnesses is described in the earliest Sanskrit writings. For more than 4,500 years, Ayurvedic healers have used the bark, seeds, leaves, fruit, gum and oils of the neem tree (Azadirachta indica) for dozens of internal and external medical treatments.

Historically its uses have included a wide variety of diseases and disorders including malaria, dental health problems, diabetes, heart disease, pain jaundice, leprosy, stomach ulcers, chicken pox, heat-rash and many other skin disorders including cuts, bruises, acne, boils and wounds.

Modern researchers have isolated more than 140 compounds from different parts of the tree; these compounds have been shown, mostly in animal and laboratory studies exert anticancer, antioxidant,wound-healing and antimicrobial properties. Neem is also a powerful insecticide that has become a staple of many natural head lice treatments and mosquito repellents.

A natural insecticide

In fact Neem’s insecticidal properties make it a useful substance for farmers. Long before synthetic chemicals and commercial insecticides were available, neem was used in Indian villages to protect and nourish crops. Farmers usually mix neem leaves with grain before keeping it in storage.

Eco-friendly pesticides like neem reduce the risk of exposing pests’ natural enemies such as birds and small mammals to food poisoned with commercial pesticides. They also offer the prospect of better food quality as there is no toxic residue in the food. Neem is non-toxic to birds, animals, earthworms and man but protects crops from pests.

http://www.nyrnaturalnews.com/article/neem-natural-healing-from-the-village-pharmacy/
I use combine your neem concatenation and I add;
combine your mixture with red pepper, 1/2 tsp/gal then if 4 wks for harvest,
Add 1/2 tsp dried Mosquito Shoo Geranium in spray bottle (3 wks prior to harvest and you'll add lemon furniture polish smell, and lemon/sour lime taste. some like it, I dont like it 3 with in 3eks of harvest. catepillars will hang for about 2-3 minutes before falling, kill them!
For aggressive IPM, add Germanium (chemical grade) @ 200ppm in spray bottle and add about 5 drops of my Micro's to 1 cup this will have the Rhenium needed kill and keep caterpillars away for about 2-4 weeks depending on rain. This will boost the plant resistance and add vigor also.

Sun Valley

Sun Valley

awesome job....
Thank you. I love this time of year and South Africa just passed a law last week stating it ok to smoke and have personal plants grown at your residence! I kinda just felt a weight come off my shoulders cos when you drive passed my plot .. maaaaan all you smell is cheesey Kushy berries lmao .. I'd still have a hard time explaining why I'd need so much hahaha

Sun Valley

Sun Valley

Almost there ..
SSH X NYC Diesel
20170409 122320

Cheese dominant CheeseDawg x Master kush
20170409 122435

Cheesedawg x 8 Ball x Kushberry
20170409 122451

My pride and joy of this year very cherry / strawberry Cheese pheno
20170409 110116

Getting ready for winter .. building the soil and getting a new run going SSH x Cataract Kush

.. only bottle suplemants they see.. applied from seedling.
20170408 152756

Gypsum
20170408 152415

Basic foundation of the soil with kelp meal, Alpaca poop, and some fish heads to be added.
20170408 145654

Got a drop of composted horse and chicken manure from my neighbour and will.be added to the soil mix.
20170408 145326

5 kg coir block makes 60L once hydrated and expanded
20170408 145230

A mix ready to be dropped on a tarp and covered sit in the sun and bake for the month while the seeds pop and are ready for big pots
20170408 145213

New batch of seeds I just made crossing my Cataract male to my SSH
20170408 085920

All planted and counting days
20170408 085834

One love

T

Tomzor

Howzit man, just stumbled across this as I am also from South Africa and growing too, however yours definitely trump mine haha, do you mind me asking which city you're in? By the color of the sand I'd say you're in durban?
Will take some pics of my babies later.

Sun Valley

Sun Valley

Rain for cast for all week!!!! Was spose to be cutting down today!! Making a serious plan with what I got.. Thank god the new greenhouse fram is not up yet
20170413 124825
20170413 124906
20170413 124931

Top Bottom