Spider Farmer LED Grow

ozarkgrey

ozarkgrey

Supporter
that is one of my personal goals as a new grower. is to be a tester for some better known breeders out there. with growing i quickly noticed it was like so many other endeavors in life, weakest link in the chain type deals. so before i threw more good money after bad, i stepped back and looked for those links. catching some is easier than others of course. like beginner mistakes, weak equipment, poor room design etc. knock a few of these off the list and then look for the weak links before they become a issue, heat, RO, cooling, smell, waste, etc and correct those when you can. take your time and consider each step as a end game. point of me writing this is why i ditched Q boards from china. i was getting what i considered to be good results? now consider how much i do not know about growing, and you can see why i choose to punt em in favor of a US made light by US workers and warranty i trust 100%. are my results looking better? you bet! also i lowered my wattage pull at the wall, lowered my temps and my RH, saving hours on the humidifier and AC units. bigger better cola's with more flowers on each plant with superior light penetration. i like that i can order my lights tuned to my liking, 3k-3.5.-4K etc being stuck with numbers that are generic. quicker flower times and less herm's IMO due to that quicker flip and less stress. i could go on but i did a big dab and lost my train,,, i guess it was something like why all the brand loyalty? it's not a personal thing, so there is never a need to defend a company. let them and their products do that. i read some of these comments when it comes to lights and testing etc on here and other forums and cats and kittens act like i will say anything for a free light. SMFH so your price is a 169.00 on amazon to lie? WTF or back to the testing point of this, i'm never offended when i get passed over for testing new high end beans. why, because i'm not ready to be a tester and i know that. i can not offer the grower any real feedback good or bad and the buyer may in fact get screwed due to that. i feel these light companies operate in the opposite fashion, here's a light say nice things. in summation cannabis should never come in plastic

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
that is one of my personal goals as a new grower. is to be a tester for some better known breeders out there. with growing i quickly noticed it was like so many other endeavors in life, weakest link in the chain type deals. so before i threw more good money after bad, i stepped back and looked for those links. catching some is easier than others of course. like beginner mistakes, weak equipment, poor room design etc. knock a few of these off the list and then look for the weak links before they become a issue, heat, RO, cooling, smell, waste, etc and correct those when you can. take your time and consider each step as a end game. point of me writing this is why i ditched Q boards from china. i was getting what i considered to be good results? now consider how much i do not know about growing, and you can see why i choose to punt em in favor of a US made light by US workers and warranty i trust 100%. are my results looking better? you bet! also i lowered my wattage pull at the wall, lowered my temps and my RH, saving hours on the humidifier and AC units. bigger better cola's with more flowers on each plant with superior light penetration. i like that i can order my lights tuned to my liking, 3k-3.5.-4K etc being stuck with numbers that are generic. quicker flower times and less herm's IMO due to that quicker flip and less stress. i could go on but i did a big dab and lost my train,,, i guess it was something like why all the brand loyalty? it's not a personal thing, so there is never a need to defend a company. let them and their products do that. i read some of these comments when it comes to lights and testing etc on here and other forums and cats and kittens act like i will say anything for a free light. SMFH so your price is a 169.00 on amazon to lie? WTF or back to the testing point of this, i'm never offended when i get passed over for testing new high end beans. why, because i'm not ready to be a tester and i know that. i can not offer the grower any real feedback good or bad and the buyer may in fact get screwed due to that. i feel these light companies operate in the opposite fashion, here's a light say nice things. in summation cannabis should never come in plastic

Wow lol, Thats the thing, at least for me anyway, I can't speak for all the influencers out there in the world but, theres 2 things that dictate how I operate as an influencer, 1 Is the FTC guidelines were bound by, Which if you have not already read them.. Go ahead quick easy and you get an idea of how they discourage people from being false influencers and just shilling shitty products (Not saying it doesn't happen).

2. Morals.. I'm a sell out for free shit, But i'm also an honest sell out, If you send me a light i'll review it, I'll post about it, Grow log it, ect ect, But im not gonna shill your products. If i wouldn't buy one for my self I'm not gonna try and get other people to buy it either.

I'll leave my review for the end user to decide if the light looks like something they want to use, I'll highlight the features of the light discuss what i feel are its pros.

I'll highlight the price point for on budget growers, I'll advertise for em if someone asks for a brand or led suggestion assuming i still stand behind the product.

But what I personally won't do is shill products that are garbage and not worth what you pay for.

Not fair tho to say everyones lying because they got something for free.

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Wow lol, Thats the thing, at least for me anyway, I can't speak for all the influencers out there in the world but, theres 2 things that dictate how I operate as an influencer, 1 Is the FTC guidelines were bound by, Which if you have not already read them.. Go ahead quick easy and you get an idea of how they discourage people from being false influencers and just shilling shitty products (Not saying it doesn't happen).

2. Morals.. I'm a sell out for free shit, But i'm also an honest sell out, If you send me a light i'll review it, I'll post about it, Grow log it, ect ect, But im not gonna shill your products. If i wouldn't buy one for my self I'm not gonna try and get other people to buy it either.

I'll leave my review for the end user to decide if the light looks like something they want to use, I'll highlight the features of the light discuss what i feel are its pros.

I'll highlight the price point for on budget growers, I'll advertise for em if someone asks for a brand or led suggestion assuming i still stand behind the product.

But what I personally won't do is shill products that are garbage and not worth what you pay for.

Not fair tho to say everyones lying because they got something for free.
Are you a influencer ...... 👁👁

SpiderFarmerLED

Supporter
SF1000, beautiful light😍
SF1000

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
as someone who has owned 4 or 5 SF lights. i would look towards a passive heatsink before adding a controller although that would be nice also.

THIS!! These really do need heat sinks don't they.

@SpiderFarmerLED Any plans for that in the next round of developement?? Heat sinks are a must!!! :D:D:D

Glassdub

Glassdub

My tent runs a bit cool 84 max, with the AC vent closed so its not an issue & actually a bit of a plus, especially in colder weather as I keep the house cool.

ozarkgrey

ozarkgrey

Supporter
This is a improvement that I wish I had.

will these run in series and has there been any testing done in regards to how much more heat this control box will add or how much it will affect the price? i feel like these lights are really good for their price point and they perform well enough i suppose. however they are at the top end of the Q board pricing right behind HLG and a few others. so i guess my question is how will SF compete with other lights that already offer these options and have a larger footprint in the cannabis market? in other words, if you add even 40 or 50 bucks to a SF 1000 and you might as well jump up a tier and grab a better overall light. i have tried to not drop names as i'm not here to bash SF or anyone for that matter, but rather to be a voice of guidance for others i hope. i enjoy the idea of being able to call a company and say hey you forgot my ratchet straps or how the hell do i do this? which begs the question why should i as the consumer than not choose the other lights that already have the needed functions, meets or exceeds all my needs and only cost a small bag of smoke more? so you for you new guys and gals out there looking to blow that loot on lights or upgrade, buy the best you can the 1st time. i failed to do that, and regret it, that is all.

ozarkgrey

ozarkgrey

Supporter
all these words are ruining my morning dab & coffee sess.. here's a shot of Dr.Grinspoon i have going right now. i popped 3 beans and killed 2 being super fucking high. i'm not sure i didn't drink one when it was in a glass of water? one of them got tossed after i had transplanted it to soil and i was cleaning my veg tent and i tossed the wrong red solo and that bean and tap root went bye bye, which leaves us with one. these have a long ass flower cycle so i'm letting her do here thing with only some lolly popping around the bottom. i also let it stretch too much but have it all tied up so it's cool for another couple months.

IMG 1987
Top Bottom