Spider Farmer LED Grow

hillbil

hillbil

Not using Spider Farmer specifically, but the versatility of using more smaller boards comes in handy. I now have 3 boards and a COB fixture in my flower tent, the way the boards interact in multiple fixtures is awesome. They spread lights so well.

SpiderFarmerLED

Supporter
Good news, August giveaway is coming!!!! click the link to join it

Mugwort

Mugwort

Hi Everyone,

We are Spider Farmer manufacturer, engaged in indoor grow equipments: LED GROW LIGHT, GROW TENT and other grow kits.
We have global warehouse - Located in USA,Canada,Germany,UK,Europe,Australia,Russia, worldwide shipping available.
We have professional team - R&D, production, sales, service. You can order and use our products with complete confidence.

Our main products:

Led Grow Light

SF1000 SF2000 SF4000
  • Samsung LM30lB diodes
  • Meanwell driver
  • Full spectrum with IR
  • Dimmer knob
  • Multi-connect function
  • Energy saving

Indoor Grow Tent
  • 600D thick canvas
  • High reflective mylar
  • Steel frame
  • Removable and waterproof floor tray
  • 5 sizes available

Full Grow Kits
  • SF light and tent
  • Thermo-hygrometer
  • Carbon filter
  • Fan
  • Flue pipe
  • Grow bags, timer, yoyo hangers

Glad to join THCfarmer and meet you all here. Welcome to freely express your opinions about our products or growing below.
Let's learn and grow together!😄
I’m wondering if you can help me out? If one has a PPFD map of a grow light how does one use those values to figure a safe canopy distance if a second identical led light is hung? To be more specific, if PPFD is 830 micro moles/sq meter/sec at center of canopy at 18” and 100% brightness how does the addition of a second identical lamp affect this value considering the overlapping fields of light?

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I’m wondering if you can help me out? If one has a PPFD map of a grow light how does one use those values to figure a safe canopy distance if a second identical led light is hung? To be more specific, if PPFD is 830 micro moles/sq meter/sec at center of canopy at 18” and 100% brightness how does the addition of a second identical lamp affect this value considering the overlapping fields of light?
Very little I would imagine but im curious to her the response. The perimeter of the maps are usually in the 400ppfd range while the center is closer to 1100, so if you were to overlap you you would have closer to 800ppfd between the lights I would imagine with very little increase in the center.

That would be my uneducated guess.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Very little I would imagine but im curious to her the response. The perimeter of the maps are usually in the 400ppfd range while the center is closer to 1100, so if you were to overlap you you would have closer to 800ppfd between the lights I would imagine with very little increase in the center.

That would be my uneducated guess.
That's likely a pretty accurate guess. The diodes send 90% of it's light in one direction. This is a big part of the reason they started changing the patterns, to try and even out the spread.

hillbil

hillbil

Seems most diodes are120* which is 60* from diode in all directions.. Also, those many light sources in Boards will go a long way toward eliminating shade under the plants. That is a big contributor toward “penetration”. So is the green present in white LEDs.

SpiderFarmerLED

Supporter
I guess that good people have answered this question for you

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Seems most diodes are120* which is 60* from diode in all directions.. Also, those many light sources in Boards will go a long way toward eliminating shade under the plants. That is a big contributor toward “penetration”. So is the green present in white LEDs.
Yes. The 'Whites' are really extra bright greens from what I understand. Dr. Bruce was talking about it in one of his vids.

hillbil

hillbil

Yes. The 'Whites' are really extra bright greens from what I understand. Dr. Bruce was talking about it in one of his vids.
I will check that. Thought Today’s whites were blue with specific phosphors to produce certain k ratings as well as spectrum.

I had an old 357 Magnum light and the “whites” were very “green” appearing. Circa 2010.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

I will check that. Thought Today’s whites were blue with specific phosphors to produce certain k ratings as well as spectrum.

I had an old 357 Magnum light and the “whites” were very “green” appearing. Circa 2010.
I wouldn't quote me on that, but I'm pretty sure that's what he said.
I'll have to go back and watch it again now.

Top Bottom