Spider Farmer (LED): what are you epxeriences?

• Thread starter pvandevelde
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I'm halfway through flower and my SE5000 decided to shit the bed. 3 out of the 6 bars come on but the other 3 are now extremely dim and hardly look like they're on at all.
I'm not sure what's up, but im not happy. And really not looking forward to trying to get into the room full of plants to replace it with another light.
Disappointment and frustration has been my experience.

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

I'm halfway through flower and my SE5000 decided to shit the bed. 3 out of the 6 bars come on but the other 3 are now extremely dim and hardly look like they're on at all.
I'm not sure what's up, but im not happy. And really not looking forward to trying to get into the room full of plants to replace it with another light.
damn that sucks

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

do you think they will send you some replacements

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
damn that sucks
Especially when you consider the logistics of getting into the back of my grow space to replace a large piece of critical equipment, when the space is this densely packed.

The light up until now has been performing wonderfully. But I have EXTREMELY little patience for unreliability.

She's in the far back right corner and nearly impossible to access. Somehow tonight I need to get in here and pull it down. If I can fit it, I'll be replacing it with a borrowed fluenc spyder, but if that's too large to fit I'll hang a DE 750w HPS. Either way it's gonna be a fuckin shitshow.
20211229 225421

Pic was from the good ol' days when things worked.

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
Hahaha spoke too soon, see you left a glowing review on Monday, then this😂
I would say probably a defect, which happens sometimes, and spiderfarmer is quick to send replacements.
but I hear you regarding getting in there to make the swap, hard when you can’t trust your equipment.

Anthem

Anthem

Especially when you consider the logistics of getting into the back of my grow space to replace a large piece of critical equipment, when the space is this densely packed.

The light up until now has been performing wonderfully. But I have EXTREMELY little patience for unreliability.

She's in the far back right corner and nearly impossible to access. Somehow tonight I need to get in here and pull it down. If I can fit it, I'll be replacing it with a borrowed fluenc spyder, but if that's too large to fit I'll hang a DE 750w HPS. Either way it's gonna be a fuckin shitshow.View attachment 1204152

Pic was from the good ol' days when things worked.
Db if you can fit the Fluence Spyder in there you have the ability to run the light closer to the canopy. Fluence says you can run as close at 6" but I would say about 8' to 10" max.

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
For what it’s worth, I’m over 10000 hours runtime on my original sf4000 and no real issues, reliability wasn’t on my list of issues, tho I have some.

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

Oh I'll be fine. The plants won't go more than a day unfulfilled. I'm annoyed, but we will get past this.
sooner or later were all gonna have your problem eventually any light is gonna go out l

Observationist

Observationist

And that’s enough to never buy a spider farmer

thank you for the sacrifice, I know they gave that one to ya but damn that’s some bullshit sorry for the trouble man.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
And that’s enough to never buy a spider farmer

thank you for the sacrifice, I know they gave that one to ya but damn that’s some bullshit sorry for the trouble man.
I mean, shit happens. But I try to minimize shit happening if I can. This thing hasn't been lit for more than a month. That's too soon for failure imho. At least with HID I could just swap out the bulb and move on.

I'm actually bummed about it, the light was far exceeding my expectations before it failed. Now it's planted a seed of doubt that I'll have a hard time shaking.

Top Bottom