Spider Farmer (LED): what are you epxeriences?

• Thread starter pvandevelde
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
they sponsored me a sf4000 i do like the light have had no problems with it . but i don't think i will ever do another sponsor ship with them again because the sponsorship itself has been nothing but a bad exp for me .
Why is that? They sponsored me as well and I've barely heard much from them. I just grew and posted as often as I could and they've just left me alone....They could have dropped by more, that forum could used the hits..

I like the Se3000 now I want to see what kind of longevity this one has....A lights not very good if it breaks down and doesn't last the year. It would be real frustrating to be relying on it without back up and having a failure mid flower......panic buying another light is never a good thing.....Good service or not, I can count on my hps...

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
If they did, do you think I would trust it to bury at the back of my room and stay lit for an entire grow?
They are going to reply they want pics of it not working...a video too.....They replaced a driver on the SF1000 I had in 3 days. after I contacted them on a Wed they asked for pics and shipped it Fri by Pony express from Richmond BC & delivered it to my door Monday morning. out in the boonies NS....ht can happen...lol

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
Unfortunately, they handed out a lot of lights, flooding the website with SF threads, typical foreign marketing stuff.

Observationist

Observationist

I mean, shit happens. But I try to minimize shit happening if I can. This thing hasn't been lit for more than a month. That's too soon for failure imho. At least with HID I could just swap out the bulb and move on.

I'm actually bummed about it, the light was far exceeding my expectations before it failed. Now it's planted a seed of doubt that I'll have a hard time shaking.
i agree, my chinese led half bloom went out in the middle of its first grow......not a huge deal but the unreliability adding uncertainty variables.

and you'd expect more out of a $600 light, plus considering how youre room is nicely packed with plants and having to go in and change the light ..........

the bulbs are nice in that aspect, burns out swap it.

LED gets fucked? more shit to deal with, pros and cons to everything.

Neuro

Neuro

If you plant ice, you're gonna harvest wind.
This worries me. Yours was the upgraded one? Mine still seems to be going fine but it's the basic model SE-5000. With all the freebies they run I was worried about getting a defective one/return but it's working fine. Worse comes to worse I can throw some other ones in there but definitely not the contortionist action I'd be looking for. Problems with mass production.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
This worries me. Yours was the upgraded one? Mine still seems to be going fine but it's the basic model SE-5000. With all the freebies they run I was worried about getting a defective one/return but it's working fine. Worse comes to worse I can throw some other ones in there but definitely not the contortionist action I'd be looking for. Problems with mass production.
It is yeah. And quite honestly there is always going to be a lemon in every bunch.
Honestly it has been Killin it up till now. But it is what it is, 3 bars are out after a month and I'm left scrambling for a fix.

MyGrowYo

MyGrowYo

It is yeah. And quite honestly there is always going to be a lemon in every bunch.
Honestly it has been Killin it up till now. But it is what it is, 3 bars are out after a month and I'm left scrambling for a fix.
You should give them a chance to make it right, that’s the true test of a company imo. Clearly they don’t read the threads lol but contact them directly, and who knows, maybe the replacement last years.

growsince79

growsince79

I remember someone had them break and SF shipped them Mars parts.

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
Even high quality Canadian made👀 products fail from time to time, for real tho, spiderfarmer does have relatively good customer service to get things squared away,
my sf4000 had some diodes out, and it ended up being some lose wires.👌

too bad for your current grow @Dirtbag , but something tells me you’ll be better off.

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

I have the HLG Scorpion Diablo. That board is so bad ass its bright as hell it will singe your eyebrows off. Rock hard nuggets that can break a glass window. Im extremely satisfied with this light. Honestly the only real thing I would use the SF boards for are vegging in my smaller tents. My main tent has gotta have the real deal no knock offs for this kid.

growsince79

growsince79

I have the HLG Scorpion Diablo. That board is so bad ass its bright as hell it will singe your eyebrows off. Rock hard nuggets that can break a glass window. Im extremely satisfied with this light. Honestly the only real thing I would use the SF boards for are vegging in my smaller tents. My main tent has gotta have the real deal no knock offs for this kid.
All my hlgs are still working perfect, but who knows how long they will last. I still have 30 year old hps that work. Backup lights are always a must.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I should probably update this.. I managed to fix the light.. it was a loose connection in the light itself.

Game on

20220107 213226

brotherfrombelgium

brotherfrombelgium

Hi,

I just ordered the "Upgrade SE7000 730W LED Grow Light Samsung LM301B Diodes 8 Cool bars"

But I read some bad reviews about spider farmer.

Who has bad experiences with their led lights?

And their customer service?

Am I fucked?

Thanks
Photos speak volumes..the reviews i have seen are very impressive with huge yields.

I bought one a few weeks ago and only using it now so I'll let you know in 8-9 weeks from now.

The 4 plants I'm just starting to flower are not impressive, huge mistake on my part but it is what it is, live and learn and play on.

Don't leave plants in a 4 site dwc tote for too long, one took precedence whilst the other 3 struggled...so will be interesting to see what the new light can do with them.

People talking about quality...these are grow lights we are talking about..not for a night club or for a Bugatti...they are made for a purpose so less frills the better it's all in the quality and number of diodes isn't it?

Why pay extra for a name..people think Glocks are good guns, well known name...but their idiot proof pieces of shit so you buy a SIG something that will outperform a glock any day of the week.

SF is a SIG in wolves clothing.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

We have 2 SF lights. We've had one for 2 grows and the other for this grow. Both 1000s.
We use them both in a 2x4 tent and they fill it with light. We haven't had as much as a loose cable with either one. So far, great lights!
We are just finishing this grow. Our next one is planned to be a pair of SE5000's.

brotherfrombelgium

brotherfrombelgium

You should give them a chance to make it right, that’s the true test of a company imo. Clearly they don’t read the threads lol but contact them directly, and who knows, maybe the replacement last years.
They seem to have good comms, i mentioned to them that none of their discount codes worked for me when i bought one of their lights..and they basically said we will look after you for your next purchase so for me that will be a new veg tent.

brotherfrombelgium

brotherfrombelgium

Most of you don't know this but i seriously injured myself not long ago, left plants in the veg tent 3 weeks longer than they should have been in there.

So imagine having 4 girls all fighting for the same food source...the strongest will survive and take most of the nutes while the weaker ones get the left overs.
Imagine 4 guys in the same jail cell and only able to eat one meal everyday, the strongest will take the food every single time, so that's what happened to my grow before they made the flower room..so what is BFB waxing lyrical about?

Well this is my first experience with an SF light and first growing with UCRDWC.

I've hardly had the light on 100% but mostly between 60-80% until i can deal with the heat a little better...i need another fan, etc.

Anyway the girl you see in the corner has only been under the light for less than a week and the growth from it has been impressive, light is higher than it has to be also, i could drop it another 6" if i really wanted to but hell I'm VERY impressed with this light.

If all 4 plants were normal size they would be massive now, so that's my recent and new found experience with a SF light.

I can't wait for the next grow for what you see now is lame compared to what it should and could have been.

Live and learn and all i know is i wont make the same mistake again.😇

Yeah this light is good, but UC is fucking crazy I have been bitten by it, so veg tent i will use ucrdwc for the veg tent also.

DSC00738
Top Bottom