Spider Farmer (LED): what are you epxeriences?

• Thread starter pvandevelde
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
the rrock

the rrock

I used mine a week before I sent them back so yes they have good customer service but the quality sucks.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Hi,

I just ordered the "Upgrade SE7000 730W LED Grow Light Samsung LM301B Diodes 8 Cool bars"

But I read some bad reviews about spider farmer.

Who has bad experiences with their led lights?

And their customer service?

Am I fucked?

Thanks
I've had 2 Spider Farmer lights a Sf1000 and a Se3000 I like both. There are a bunch of us on here growing with Spider Farmer lights, I haven't heard anything bad about them. I think you have the top of the line there and you should be very happy with it..Their reps are on here regularly posting sales and pize contests you can contact them here with any problems.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I'm testing out their upgraded SE5000 and SF4000 and have to say I'm impressed with the SE5000. It's a solid light for sure. The SF4000 is good too but not on the same level as the bar lights imho.

Whatever your thoughts are on the company itself, the lights themselves are quite decent. I'm sure there are better lights out there but I have no complaints so far. Only halfway through flower

20220102 062202
PK1

PK1

Supporter
I'm testing out their upgraded SE5000 and SF4000 and have to say I'm impressed with the SE5000. It's a solid light for sure. The SF4000 is good too but not on the same level as the bar lights imho.

Whatever your thoughts are on the company itself, the lights themselves are quite decent. I'm sure there are better lights out there but I have no complaints so far. Only halfway through flower
are those the upgraded once with the samsung LM301 diodes?

Dothraki

Dothraki

Hi,

I just ordered the "Upgrade SE7000 730W LED Grow Light Samsung LM301B Diodes 8 Cool bars"

But I read some bad reviews about spider farmer.

Who has bad experiences with their led lights?

And their customer service?

Am I fucked?

Thanks
The thing about lights is...they are easy to make. As long as you use good components you have a good light. The bad reviews are probably from the old spider farmer stuff...the new stuff gets great reviews and results from what I’ve seen. I ended up getting the SE3000 for my first grow. Powerful as hell. Right before flowering SF hooked me up with a SE5000 to run for the rest of the grow. I haven‘t harvested yet, but so far the light is well built, lightweight yet sturdy, crazy powerful output, great coverage dispersion, has all the spectrum you’d want and need, Samsung diodes, detachable driver, and the most amazing feature I didn’t think I would use...the dimmer switch. It’s so damn easy to make fine adjustments to the light intensity.

So yes, Spider Farmer lights are good, American made lights are good, and wayyy overpriced, and also are made mostly in China lol.

Kevuk

Kevuk

The thing about lights is...they are easy to make. As long as you use good components you have a good light. The bad reviews are probably from the old spider farmer stuff...the new stuff gets great reviews and results from what I’ve seen. I ended up getting the SE3000 for my first grow. Powerful as hell. Right before flowering SF hooked me up with a SE5000 to run for the rest of the grow. I haven‘t harvested yet, but so far the light is well built, lightweight yet sturdy, crazy powerful output, great coverage dispersion, has all the spectrum you’d want and need, Samsung diodes, detachable driver, and the most amazing feature I didn’t think I would use...the dimmer switch. It’s so damn easy to make fine adjustments to the light intensity.

So yes, Spider Farmer lights are good, American made lights are good, and wayyy overpriced, and also are made mostly in China lol.

It’s the same as everything else. Labour cost.

The mark up on a top end spider farmer light is probably more than a HLG or chilLED at the moment if you factor in cheap labour.

If I was buying Chinese I would always go Kingbrite. If I’m buying Chinese I want it cheap.

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

they sponsored me a sf4000 i do like the light have had no problems with it . but i don't think i will ever do another sponsor ship with them again because the sponsorship itself has been nothing but a bad exp for me .

tobh

tobh

Supporter
It’s the same as everything else. Labour cost.

The mark up on a top end spider farmer light is probably more than a HLG or chilLED at the moment if you factor in cheap labour.

If I was buying Chinese I would always go Kingbrite. If I’m buying Chinese I want it cheap.
i would counter going with enfun personally. i've had nothing but a great experience with them. quality built, most likely not top bin LEDs, but meanwell drivers and good diodes.

I would rock a SF bar style light in my tent if it ran at the same wattage as the qb's i'm running currently and produced comparable results more efficiently. I just don't trust the company, and don't like their marketing efforts (giving out free product to new growers is a hell of a way to build brand recognition -- pretty shitty dark pattern if you ask me).

if i was gonna go the route of a bar style LED, I would buy from a truly reputable manufacturer like Gavita or HLG. Just can't buy into a knock off company with blatant reverse engineered designs of premium brands, and a suspicious history of rebranding.

Kevuk

Kevuk

they sponsored me a sf4000 i do like the light have had no problems with it . but i don't think i will ever do another sponsor ship with them again because the sponsorship itself has been nothing but a bad exp for me .

How was it a bad experience?

i would counter going with enfun personally. i've had nothing but a great experience with them. quality built, most likely not top bin LEDs, but meanwell drivers and good diodes.

I would rock a SF bar style light in my tent if it ran at the same wattage as the qb's i'm running currently and produced comparable results more efficiently. I just don't trust the company, and don't like their marketing efforts (giving out free product to new growers is a hell of a way to build brand recognition -- pretty shitty dark pattern if you ask me).

if i was gonna go the route of a bar style LED, I would buy from a truly reputable manufacturer like Gavita or HLG. Just can't buy into a knock off company with blatant reverse engineered designs of premium brands, and a suspicious history of rebranding.

I’ve noticed they seem to give a lot of stuff away.

I think if western companies want to save money manufacturing in China, they deserve to have their designs ripped off.

Sweat shop Labour and not supporting local manufacturing should have a down side.

I nearly bought a chilLED bar light, but not having European distributors makes it crazy expensive so I went with HLG.

DarkCoast

DarkCoast

They're alright lights. Somehow they are the first light everyone new to the LED game gets when they dont know much about the LED game. Thats not a bad thing as they aren't bad lights. But I think there are better lights out there. ChilLED, Scynce LED, LUXX, Specter LED, Optic LED (slim series). HLG is another great company but im reluctant to recommend Quantum Boards to people unless they have high ceilings. Stick with the Bar lights for a better spread.

Kevuk

Kevuk

They're alright lights. Somehow they are the first light everyone new to the LED game gets when they dont know much about the LED game. Thats not a bad thing as they aren't bad lights. But I think there are better lights out there. ChilLED, Scynce LED, LUXX, Specter LED, Optic LED (slim series). HLG is another great company but im reluctant to recommend Quantum Boards to people unless they have high ceilings. Stick with the Bar lights for a better spread.

The revised 660w scorpion is hard to beat for the money.

I wanted a bar light as I scrog but the gavita didn’t compare well to the scorpion.

I personally would only buy a spider farmer, Mars hydro etc for a mother plant. I wouldn’t spend a lot on one.

DarkCoast

DarkCoast

The revised 660w scorpion is hard to beat for the money.

I feel ya. I hear you can get the scorpion closer to the canopy that their other fixtures. I run a bunch of 320 Watt QB's from HLG and like I said they are a great company with great customer service. My gripe with them is the diodes are so close together on these QB's that they will burn a plant if you look at it wrong. They still provide good results but if I were to do it over again, I'd get bar style LED's with my low/average ceiling height.

Kevuk

Kevuk

I feel ya. I hear you can get the scorpion closer to the canopy that their other fixtures. I run a bunch of 320 Watt QB's from HLG and like I said they are a great company with great customer service. My gripe with them is the diodes are so close together on these QB's that they will burn a plant if you look at it wrong. They still provide good results but if I were to do it over again, I'd get bar style LED's with my low/average ceiling height.

I said the same on another forum……then bought a scorpion.

They say it is designed for a lower hanging height. I have my doubts but I will find out.

I nearly bought a spider farmer bar light from the same seller but it wasn’t much cheaper.

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

How was it a bad experience?

I’ve noticed they seem to give a lot of stuff away.

I think if western companies want to save money manufacturing in China, they deserve to have their designs ripped off.

Sweat shop Labour and not supporting local manufacturing should have a down side.

I nearly bought a chilLED bar light, but not having European distributors makes it crazy expensive so I went with HLG.
they just not to thrilled with how my threads are going to the point they do not even check them i really think they offered me the light by mistake because im not a seasoned grower

Kevuk

Kevuk

they just not to thrilled with how my threads are going to the point they do not even check them i really think they offered me the light by mistake because im not a seasoned grower

Well that’s their mistake if they did.

I wouldn’t let it bother you.

Latest posts

Top Bottom