Spider Farmer SE3000 Help! Please

• Thread starter Dothraki
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dothraki

Dothraki

Sooo....I’m 3 weeks along, I’m pretty sure I have some light damage first couple weeks.

24” @ 20% power and leaves are still showing signs of excessive light.If I follow Spider-Farmer’s recommended settings of 16-24” @ 80-100% power, I’m fairly sure my plants would be dead within 2-3 days.

Anyone have success with this light? If so, what height and power for each stage worked for you?

From seed, Day 20
74F
45-60% H

Spider farmer se3000 help please

growsince79

growsince79

Sooo....I’m 3 weeks along, I’m pretty sure I have some light damage first couple weeks.

24” @ 20% power and leaves are still showing signs of excessive light.If I follow Spider-Farmer’s recommended settings of 16-24” @ 80-100% power, I’m fairly sure my plants would be dead within 2-3 days.

Anyone have success with this light? If so, what height and power for each stage worked for you?

From seed, Day 20
74F
45-60% H

View attachment 1195044
Mg deficiency. I'd get the temp up to 81.

Last edited:
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter

From seed, Day 20
74F
45-60% H

View attachment 1195044
I didn't have any trouble with a SF 1000 through veg I slowly increased the intensity and I used my lux meter to keep track of the numbers. I started 24" at 9,000 lux every 2 days I adjusted up until I got it to 28,000 and I started seeing leaf issues so I cut it back to 24,000 lux about 13" from the top and I kept it there until I flipped.
I got the SE3000 right when I flipped my plant so I've been flowering under her now for 6 weeks and I was told It needed more Mag than I normally feed with my nutrients and Epsom Salts was a good addition @ 3/4 tsp /gal when I water.....2 weeks after adding E.S I started getting purpling & fading yellow on my leaves so I stopped with the Epsom Salts Right now in flower I have my light at 18" away at 85% giving me 53,000 lux on top....I noticed very little change in intensity from 85% - 100% but after the purpling I cut the light back from 100% to 85%.

Dothraki

Dothraki

Mg deficiency. I'd get the temp up to 81.
Ok I’ll try to get the temp up...does that help with mag uptake? Question though....in order to get the temp up I need to either crank the light more to around 40-50% ....or turn off humidifier and let H go back down to 38% ish

growsince79

growsince79

Ok I’ll try to get the temp up...does that help with mag uptake? Question though....in order to get the temp up I need to either crank the light more to around 40-50% ....or turn off humidifier and let H go back down to 38% ish
Photosynthesis and water needs increase with the higher temps. No way that light can be too much if its 24" at 20%. Whats the lux meter say?
The plant needs food. I'd probably foliar feed with calmag too.

Dothraki

Dothraki

Photosynthesis and water needs increase with the higher temps. No way that light can be too much if its 24" at 20%. Whats the lux meter say?
The plant needs food. I'd probably foliar feed with calmag too.
The lux meter photone app is reading around 9,000 lux. With foliar feeding....would I need to PH for that or is it ok to do like 50/50 tap/distilled for the foliar spray?

Dothraki

Dothraki

I didn't have any trouble with a SF 1000 through veg I slowly increased the intensity and I used my lux meter to keep track of the numbers. I started 24" at 9,000 lux every 2 days I adjusted up until I got it to 28,000 and I started seeing leaf issues so I cut it back to 24,000 lux about 13" from the top and I kept it there until I flipped.
I got the SE3000 right when I flipped my plant so I've been flowering under her now for 6 weeks and I was told It needed more Mag than I normally feed with my nutrients and Epsom Salts was a good addition @ 3/4 tsp /gal when I water.....2 weeks after adding E.S I started getting purpling & fading yellow on my leaves so I stopped with the Epsom Salts Right now in flower I have my light at 18" away at 85% giving me 53,000 lux on top....I noticed very little change in intensity from 85% - 100% but after the purpling I cut the light back from 100% to 85%.
That’s crazy lol. So is this light causing the plants to need more magnesium? Maybe due to the UV or IR???

growsince79

growsince79

The lux meter photone app is reading around 9,000 lux. With foliar feeding....would I need to PH for that or is it ok to do like 50/50 tap/distilled for the foliar spray?
that's not much light at all. Forget rh for now and get the temp 80-82. 50/50 will work no need to ph just use 1/4 -1/2 strength calmag under the leaves. Dim the light until they dry.

Saul.Goodman

Saul.Goodman

I just wet my plants...
Supporter
So a couple questions to ask. What makes you think it's the lighting? Your plant looks really leggy to me as in, it's not getting enough light to bush out. Also, why would you go by the manufacturers recommendations? These are typically set for a specific plant like tomatoes and not herb.

growsince79

growsince79

So a couple questions to ask. What makes you think it's the lighting? Your plant looks really leggy to me as in, it's not getting enough light to bush out. Also, why would you go by the manufacturers recommendations? These are typically set for a specific plant like tomatoes and not herb.
Pretty sure spider farmer knows the lights are geared for cannabis.

Dothraki

Dothraki

that's not much light at all. Forget rh for now and get the temp 80-82. 50/50 will work no need to ph just use 1/4 -1/2 strength calmag under the leaves. Dim the light until they dry.
Ok, got it. I upped the light to 12,300 for tallest plant. That should help bring up the temp too. As far as foliar feeding, I’ll read up on it some more to make sure I get it right (I know to spray right before lights out) but will need to wait until I can get the right solution. Is it just epsom salt and water and that’s it?

Dothraki

Dothraki

A little leggy for sure. Let’s hope bumping the light helps!

growsince79

growsince79

Ok, got it. I upped the light to 12,300 for tallest plant. That should help bring up the temp too. As far as foliar feeding, I’ll read up on it some more to make sure I get it right (I know to spray right before lights out) but will need to wait until I can get the right solution. Is it just epsom salt and water and that’s it?
You can use epsom salt @ 1/2 tsp/g or calmag.

Saul.Goodman

Saul.Goodman

I just wet my plants...
Supporter
Pretty sure spider farmer knows the lights are geared for cannabis.
Are they actively growing herb with the lights they sell though for testing? I seriously doubt it considering where they are manufactured. How inline can their tests be in comparison to growing bud when they can't test growing bud with the lights. Just saying...

Screenshot 20211207 1822532

Last edited:
Dothraki

Dothraki

Are they actively growing herb with the lights they sell though for testing? I seriously doubt it considering where they are manufactured. How inline can their tests be in comparison to growing bud when they can't test growing bud with the lights. Just saying...
I don’t think it matters. The PPFD will be what it is regardless of what plant is being grown....and they base their settings on what PPFD is optimal for cannabis. Although you would have to dial it in anyway. Maybe I just need some foliar feeding to get the plant where it needs to be, I assumed light stress.

growsince79

growsince79

Thats true and there test claims are always higher than the youtube testers.

growsince79

growsince79

I don’t think it matters. The PPFD will be what it is regardless of what plant is being grown....and they base their settings on what PPFD is optimal for cannabis. Although you would have to dial it in anyway. Maybe I just need some foliar feeding to get the plant where it needs to be, I assumed light stress.
PPFD really don't mean much. Not all ppfd is created equal.

Saul.Goodman

Saul.Goodman

I just wet my plants...
Supporter
Tbh, I think you are overthinking things. Foliar feeding is a waste of time in most cases. The plant roots take up way more nutrients than the leaves ever will. Like 1000x as much so why try to feed through the leaves? Maybe a little Nitrogen via the leaves but it'll be so minimal that you won't notice a difference.

Up the lights and apply some LST before it's too late is my recommendation. Your plant looks good to me otherwise.

Dothraki

Dothraki

Tbh, I think you are overthinking things. Foliar feeding is a waste of time in most cases. The plant roots take up way more nutrients than the leaves ever will. Like 1000x as much so why try to feed through the leaves? Maybe a little Nitrogen via the leaves but it'll be so minimal that you won't notice a difference.

Up the lights and apply some LST before it's too late is my recommendation. Your plant looks good to me otherwise.
It’s my first grow so I’m not well versed on foliar feeding...but I see a lot of people do it to up cal/mag. Honestly I haven’t read too much about it.

I thought LST should be started when 4th or 5th node appeared...or is that for topping? Ok... LST options. Lol. This will be where I kill them haha.

Top Bottom