Spider Farmer SF1000 kit review!

• Thread starter BigCube
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

But they can. If they water properly. I do.

Let's put this in perspective, I NEVER told anyone how to water. I was asked what I do. I answered.

I dont care if you guys think its wrong, I'm not going to change what I've been doing for years, that works and has never exhibited the problems you are talking about.

I am just going to stop answering your guys questions. Every time I give an answer someone is on me about it.

I will no longer answer questions here. If you want to know too bad.
This is a grow diary, you guys are picking apart every little thing I do and telling me howni doing it wrong.

I'd rather you all just not be here, but I cant control that. So I'll start using the ignore button real soon if this keeps up.

No need. I wont come back to your diary.

but concede that the company that makes the medium is the one suggesting to not keep it saturated. I just shared their article and my experience for others.

BigCube

BigCube

Pro Mix disagrees and suggests waiting til much drier.

They have another article i couldnt find this time with pics of dry tan looking media as an example of when to water.

The article you linked doesnt say anything about daily watering. It says:

Watering frequency and duration (amount of water) depend on the plant species, the stage of plant development, the growing medium selected and the growing environment. Water management is problematic when there is plant damage from overwatering or underwatering.

Typically, when a plant is overwatered, the leaves turn chlorotic, plant growth is stunted, algae start to grow on the surface of the substrate, the root respiration rate decreases, and the roots are more susceptible to root rot diseases like Pythium, Fusarium, Rhizoctonia and Alternaria.

None of these signs of overwatering are actually happening here. They mention that you can add perlite (or use a medium that has perlite in it) as well as coco chunk and bark to increase porosity. That is what promix HP is.

I agree you can over water, I obviously am not. As evidenced by my results.

If you go to promix website, click on the HP then click usage guide it says:

Whether you require low moisture retention or prefer a high percentage of perlite, PRO-MIX HP is the choice of many growers for specialty crops, like poinsettias and flowering potted plants, or rooting cuttings. PRO-MIX HP provides the highest air porosity of all of the PRO-MIX blends with good moisture retention. During the winter months, many growers use this blend because of the low light intensity and short day length.

If you think I'm overwatering, show me. What has my overwatering done? What are the results?

Nowhere in any of your links or replies is there any mention of daily watering being bad. Only overwatering, and that is obviously not happening here.

BigCube

BigCube

For anyone interested, I've contacted promix specifically about this.
I shouldn't have to prove myself, after all the plants speak for themselves. But for those of you who need an "authority" opinion on the matter:

If your plants dry out daily, then daily watering is recommended. There is no one size fits all watering practice.
If your plants are growing and not showing signs of over watering, I would continue as you have been.

JoAnn Grower Services

Chat history from website en.gs.pth - DO NOT ERASE - REGIONS on March 10, 2021

08:36 You: Thank you for your reply.
I have been using promix hp for 2 years now and have had excellent results. I find that when my plants are in flower, they consume water much faster. The pot almost entirely dries out in 24 hours.
I have been watering and feeding daily when in flower for 2 years now. Recently an acquaintance told me I have been over watering and sited one of your articles as evidence of my over watering.
Despite never having a single symptom of overwatering, and having great success every time.
I am wondering if I am doin it wrong? Is my acquaintance correct even though I've never had a single sign of overwatering? Or am I well within standard operating practices?

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

08:39 JoAnn, grower services: If your plants dry out daily, then daily watering is recommended. There is no one size fits all watering practice.
If your plants are growing and not showing signs of over watering, I would continue as you have been.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Yeah thats what i said. Every grow is different and then shared how i never need to water every day in same medium.

i never said you were doing anything wrong. I complimented your grow.

At least read the comments before having a meltdown @BigCube

BigCube

BigCube

Yeah thats what i said. Every grow is different and then shared how i never need to water every day in same medium.

i never said you were doing anything wrong. I complimented your grow.

At least read the comments before having a meltdown @BigCube

I did. Also your idea of a meltdown lacks all the properties of a meltdown.

You accused me of "making coco sound not like that". You then posted a link to overwatering, why?

If you admit I'm not overwatering, you can't point out anything I've done wrong, what's with the " I just wanted other new people reading this to know" despite me never telling anyone how to do anything.

Since I have started this thread, people have been criticizing and shit talking almost every aspect of my grow. So forgive me if I'm sick of the bullshit.

I like you, I agree with almost everything you say most times. But if people are going to come here just to nit pick everything I'm doing, I'd rather them not. That's it.

Maybe you should read back and take a look at it from my position. For years nobody has had a single issue with how I grow, then I do a review for spider farmer and everyone crawls out of the woodwork to make up lies, and passive aggressively bringing up issues that arent happening here.

I'll tell you this. After this review, I will not be updating any grow diaries. I will most likely not post again after this review is done. I thought this place was better than roll it up, I thought the people were better here, guess I was wrong. It's obvious people dont like what I'm doing and I'm under no obligations (beyond this review) to post anything. So I wont. Congratulations people, you run off another one.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

You accused me of "making coco sound not like that". You then posted a link to overwatering, why?

If you admit I'm not overwatering, you can't point out anything I've done wrong, what's with the " I just wanted other new people reading this to know" despite me never telling anyone how to do anything.

Since I have started this thread, people have been criticizing and shit talking almost every aspect of my grow. So forgive me if I'm sick of the bullshit.

I like you, I agree with almost everything you say most times. But if people are going to come here just to nit pick everything I'm doing, I'd rather them not. That's it.

Maybe you should read back and take a look at it from my position. For years nobody has had a single issue with how I grow, then I do a review for spider farmer and everyone crawls out of the woodwork to make up lies, and passive aggressively bringing up issues that arent happening here.

I'll tell you this. After this review, I will not be updating any grow diaries. I will most likely not post again after this review is done. I thought this place was better than roll it up, I thought the people were better here, guess I was wrong. It's obvious people dont like what I'm doing and I'm under no obligations (beyond this review) to post anything. So I wont. Congratulations people, you run off another one.

my comment was to rootbound after he said to keep the pro mix saturated like soiless. Thats why i linked the article. I also said i couldnt find the article that showed how light and dry they reccomend.

you jumped in assuming i was criticizing you. Which i wasnt. There is an overwatered pro mix grow here every day in the help section.

JimmyCreedog

JimmyCreedog

New grower here, trying to learn what I can from people more experienced. Nice looking plants, they seem happy.

I completely ignore negative stuff on the internet, it's too much effort over something that isn't worth it, imo.

growsince79

growsince79

Reading threads on stoner website is like watching old guys with broken hearing aids talk. No one understands a word the other said.

BigCube

BigCube

"I only linked the article from pro mix because you and @Rootbound made it sound like coco and it isnt at all like that. It holds way more water and nutrients than coco."

Funny, you said it was me before. 🤨
I must have missed where you made it clear you wernt talking about me, I cant find it anywhere.

I dont want... This

Not sure why, but this has never been a problem here before. More and more frequently, specifically on this thread people think they can just drive by comment and not have to actually account for what they said.
They act like me pointing out their factual errors is being butthurt or that I'm on some kind of power trip.

It's obvious some people here just want to destroy the thread. From the very start, in fact this is the 2nd attempt. The first one was even worse.

You think people that enjoy using a free service would embrace the attempts at having sponsors and actually generating an income so they can continue to use the service for free. It happend with mars, now it's happening with spider farmer.

I honestly think I'm done after this review. I dont see any advantage to posting on this forum anymore. Just grief.

growsince79

growsince79

You get used to reading your plants. I've been using promix hp for a couple years now. Its mainly peatmoss and perlite, with some lime.

In my 3 gallon pots, a single plant filling a 3x3 in flower dries it out pretty quick. The pot is light, the medium is dry. In veg, it takes 2 or 3 days to dry the medium. You still can daily water in veg, if you water to waste. It's just a waste of nutrients in my opinion when the medium is still wet. 👍

I do want to try a soil medium some time. I am just totally ignorant about what it takes. Always been a hydro guy.
Sounds like you said the mix can be constantly wet. Idk this is my first time using it. I would like to thank everyone for confusing the shit out of me.
Sorry if I hurt anyone's feelings

BigCube

BigCube

Sounds like you said the mix can be constantly wet. Idk this is my first time using it. I would like to thank everyone for confusing the shit out of me.
Sorry if I hurt anyone's feelings

I mean I wasnt wrong. You can water it daily. 🤣 you're right though I didn't mention obvious overwatering issues.

If you water properly a medium with a high % perlite will have plenty of oxygen. Overwatering issues occur when the plants roots lack oxygen. They degrade, die and rot. Attracting bugs. If like in coco and perlite, there is enough oxygen in your medium you dont get any overwatering issues. Its like how you can have a plants entire root system submerged in water, but it's fine as long as the water has sufficient oxygen available.

I have watered daily in veg, not letting it fully dry. Watering properly, I've never had any signs of overwatering.
That's why the perlite % is so high. Quoted in the article itself.

"If overwatering is a problem, the grower might consider a different container size or use a growing medium with a lower water holding capacity. Growing media with a lower water holding capacity often contain higher percentages of coarse materials like perlite, chunk coir or bark for increased drainage and porosity.

Perlite

Perlite is an inert material that can be used in different particle sizes. In the case of PRO-MIX HP, perlite increases the air porosity of the mix since it retains less water than peat moss. Also, it does not interact with nutrients and it is free of weeds and diseases because it is produced at high temperatures."

It's in there so you can handle the constant watering. As long as the surface dries out and you water correctly, you won't have a single overwatering issue.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

🤣 true. But I didn't mean it. I know you're a good guy. I'm not mad at you or anything, just disappointed with all this. I dont feel like I should have to be constantly defending my grow.

I suppose you're right, just ignore it..

I didnt mean to criticize and i re posted to say that even.

It was only the comment to keep the mix saturated that i was arguing anyway. And only so noobs watching would not overwater trying to do that.

I love your grow bro. You grow them to awesome potential regularly. I said that in an earlier comment too try to avoid all this.

Peace. (I always wanted to write that but it seemed to hippyish. Lol)

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

That feel bro

Top Bottom