Spider Farmer SF1000 kit review!

• Thread starter BigCube
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
Thats incredible. My 100w hlg is 115f with a fan blasting directly on it. You might want to calibrate your thermometer, it cant be right.
You might be right with my thermometer. But I can pick up the driver off the board, and can hold it in hand for as long as required to make driver adjustments without discomfort.
I realized to note I’m only running my sf4000 on 80% power, as my girls got too tall.
so my numbers won’t be everyone’s.
Probably fluctuates between 85-100+f depending on environmental dynamics.

growsince79

growsince79

You might be right with my thermometer. But I can pick up the driver off the board, and can hold it in hand for as long as required to make driver adjustments without discomfort.
I realized to note I’m only running my sf4000 on 80% power, as my girls got too tall.
so my numbers won’t be everyone’s.
Probably fluctuates between 85-100+f depending on environmental dynamics.
Probably have to let it warm up. I just found one one a sf2000 on youtube was 129, which sounds good to me. The metal was 89. Just wondering because they use a different driver on hlg that is non dimmable. The sf1000 seem pretty comparable to the 100w hlg rspec. Maybe a little brighter, but it's also little more expensive.

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
Probably have to let it warm up. I just found one one a sf2000 on youtube was 129, which sounds good to me. The metal was 89. Just wondering because they use a different driver on hlg that is non dimmable. The sf1000 seem pretty comparable to the 100w hlg rspec. Maybe a little brighter, but it's also little more expensive.
Ya. Probably similar.
I went with sf strictly on diodes a drivers.
Prices are pretty high now tho compared to hlg at the time.

growsince79

growsince79

Ya. Probably similar.
I went with sf strictly on diodes a drivers.
Prices are pretty high now tho compared to hlg at the time.
sf uses the 5000k diodes. i think the 100w rspec is 3000k and 4000k mix plus 4 samsung deep red. Its not quite as bright as the 3000k or the 4000k.

BigCube

BigCube

Hottest spot I can find on my driver is 113.6

Hottest spot I can find in the heatsink (right behind the driver) is 100.2

BigCube

BigCube

After the first week of flower, things are looking good! I'm feeding it daily 800ppm bloom. I cant wait for it to start packing buds on.

20210308 101857
20210308 101759

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
How are you guys measuring the temps? I think you'll get much different results with a thermometer as a temperature gun as on will measure the air around it and the other will measure the driver itself.

BigCube

BigCube

I water till around 20% runoff. Ends up being around a half galon with like 3/4 of a quart runoff. Just round numbers. Cause I'm Canadian, the jugs I use to water are 1.5 litres.

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
In my experience with these lights you're gonna need to inch it up gradually with the plants for the next week or two to keep the coverage even.

Then you're on cruise control 👍

Dwcmagic

Dwcmagic

Do they include a extra long power cable from driver to light?
I run 2 sf1000's in my tent. Its in an air conditioned room that i keep at 73 and i have 1 fan pulling air in and one circulating it, none directly on the drivers and i could touch and hold both for however long. The tent stays 73-75 with lights on and goes as low as 68 at night with lights off.

BigCube

BigCube

Sounds like you're watering as you would coco. Interesting

I told you that weeks ago when I was explaining my nutrient use... This is promix HP, high porosity. At about mid flower, the plant will use all its retained water in one day. It must be watered daily. In veg you can go 3 days without watering but the growth is slower, like regular dirt growth. Daily watering basically gives you hydroponic growth and prevents excess salt buildup.

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
I told you that weeks ago when I was explaining my nutrient use... This is promix HP, high porosity. At about mid flower, the plant will use all its retained water in one day. It must be watered daily. In veg you can go 3 days without watering but the growth is slower, like regular dirt growth. Daily watering basically gives you hydroponic growth and prevents excess salt buildup.
I use promix hp also, A lot of people confuse it with soil, which it isnt. I keep mine pretty saturated also.

growsince79

growsince79

Do you add extra perlite?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I use promix hp also, A lot of people confuse it with soil, which it isnt. I keep mine pretty saturated also.

Pro Mix disagrees and suggests waiting til much drier.

They have another article i couldnt find this time with pics of dry tan looking media as an example of when to water.

Latest posts

Top Bottom