Spider mites how do you kill them without killing the crop

• Thread starter reeferman1103
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
reeferman1103

reeferman1103

Just as it says how can you kill them without loosing the crop.

Element

Element

hey reefer what week are you in and how bad are they? Have the webbed up the colas?

reeferman1103

reeferman1103

I don't know not my issue a fellow farmer had cleaned ship and passed on his crops and ferts to a buddy and now everything is infested so he said his mommas were hit and so was his buds but he didn't say they webbed the colas. Any advise at this point is taken greatly he doesn't want to use pesticides .... So please help if possible.

Element

Element

Has he tried vacuuming them off? Be careful around the colas but you can get the majority of the webs. How late is he in flower because there are still some sprays that can be used up until harvest. and if its real bad, cutting early isnt a bad decision in this situation.

reeferman1103

reeferman1103

Has he tried vacuuming them off? Be careful around the colas but you can get the majority of the webs. How late is he in flower because there are still some sprays that can be used up until harvest. and if its real bad, cutting early isnt a bad decision in this situation.
I don't know his details like that all I know is he's got momma and seedlings involved and doesnt want to loose the seedlings. He's got like 300 in seeds and they all got it. This shit is like the plague I'm so glad I don't have this problem. He's not tO worried about everything else like he is the seedlings

Element

Element

Well which one is it? Treating flowers or a crop and seedlings is completely different. Neem oil is always a good choice for plants in veg and early flower. Organicide is another good spray that can be administered in veg and a few weeks longer than neem in flower. I keep both in my weekly regimen.

S

swisscheese

If you already have an infestation there is no way to get rid of them without hard work and pesticides. The crop in flower can be vacuumed and mighty washed that's about it and not 100% effective but you should be able to crop. The other plants can be treated with floramite, forbid 4f, and/ or avid. Once you actually get clean stick with all organic stuff like azamax, neem, organocide etc. Always rotate treatments between 3 or 4 products.

slausongardens

slausongardens

would spraying the fuck out of them be bad for the seeds? are the mites bad for the seeds?

i had bad mites onetime when i was harvesting seeded buds, i just let them do there thing and harvested as early as i could hoping most the seeds were mature enough and they didnt have any problems at all except for just a lot of immature beans cuz i had to pull early.

but if theyre seeded anyway then fuck the buds and spray them things.. or let a bunch of lady bugs go.. either way he should pull early whenever the seeds look mature.

Reactions: mal
S

swisscheese

Lady bugs don't do much from my experience other than die rapidly and hang out by the plants root zone trying to eat aphids. They may be more effective in greenhouses but indoor I think they're a waste of money. Also almost any kind of pesticide kills them even if it has been a while since you used it on your plants.

reeferman1103

reeferman1103

Well I really have some dumb friends who will do anything they are told. Anyone who knows vinegar and water will kill just about any plant well apparently one of my buddies didn't know that and sprayed his entire shit with it and killed everything. Thanx for all the advice fellow farmers

I

Icy Straits

Try Capt Jacks Dead Bug Brew-Organic-can use up to the day of harvest-i believe

reeferman1103

reeferman1103

Thanx icy straits I'll let him know but Like I said someone told him to use vinegar and water and he listened

SweetTooth

SweetTooth

wipe the webs with a damp cloth and the undersides or the fan leafs.

ogtealover420

ogtealover420

Hot Shot no pest strips. They emit vapor. The chemical is dichlorovos. It is safe and effective. Just turn off vents for 8 hrs a day for three days in a row. Wait enough time for eggs to hatch and use them again. I use 2 strips for every 3x10 ft area. And booyah! no more critters.

Top Bottom