Spider Mites...

• Thread starter ogwon
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
O

ogwon

It seems that anything I try, these mites eventually become immune to it. What do you use that works the best??

urbanfog

urbanfog

Ive read/searched/tried alot of them, but what I have found seems to stop em fast is this stuff (Organicde 3 in 1 ) . I only use HALF recommend dose, and repeat 3 days later as label states. For me I take a large tub, with a inverted milk crate in it, mix up 5 gallons of stuff and use a pond pump and sprayer to shower / wash the ladies. Using my hands I spray EVERY leaf both underside and above, mist the entire plant, I also spray the outside of my smart pots and the top of the soil/mix. They get a good shower, then into their darkness cycle. (DONT PUT BACK UNDER LIGHTS, THEY WILL BURN) 3 days later I do it again for any scragglers. This kills mites and their eggs. Then you need to clean your environment with bleach and or alcohol solution. If you grow area is dirty, they will come back! Clean, clean Clean is the key. Like I said, this seems to work for me better than anything else Ive tried. I also have "commandeered" my wifes steam cleaner for cleaning the grow areas now :D the "mirror" attachment makes quick work of tent walls and trays etc.

Good luck!

UF

Prime C

Prime C

Defender of Dank
Supporter
The problem with mites is they are so dam small and can hide anywhere. Keep a clean room and make sure to repeat applications. Mighty Wash is good Ive used it and Im also using Caps Ogbiowar. I have been using Safer 3 in 1 and will keep it on hand for vegging plants. My other problem has been the preventative. I dont see them and I get lazy then one day Bam here they are again. Im getting the routine down now and things are looking great.;)

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Pauly, mites can, do and will become immune/resistant to those treatments as well.
It seems that anything I try, these mites eventually become immune to it. What do you use that works the best??
Isopropyl alcohol mixed at a 1:1 ratio, applied every three days works very well. You can also use rosemary essential oil, they will not build up resistance to that. Once I get the SNS formulae figured out, I'll be sharing some of that, but it's basically nothing more than some plant essential oils and emulsifiers, and that's it.

To keep them at bay, cooler temps and higher RH works very well.

I'm currently experimenting with using my own culinary rosemary, macerated in isopropyl alcohol and using vegetable glycerin as an emulsifier. I tried castile soap, but it created a lotion/wax that floated to the top. Made my hands INCREDIBLY SOFT! So, I've got the recipe for rosemary hand lotion down, but not for spider mite treatment just yet.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
People always gawk cause I pay 90bucks for a qt of Azamax(which they don't build tolerance to) but at 30ml a gallon I can spray 33 gallons, so it's less than 3 bucks a gallon I spray and IT works.
MightY Wash is how much a gallon?
Me, being who and what I am, took a look at the research and you are 100% correct. :)

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
caveat emptor....
mighty wash takes advantage of the lazy, your paying a lot to do something that you could do with less $ and more energy by mixing something, imo.

I spray 2 gallons in a room when I spray, sometimes double that if it's end of veg, now to do that a few times with mighty wash would pay for my whole quart of azamax which lasts me a yr or more...

waayne

waayne

ogwon I just moved your thread to an appropriate forum so more members will see it.....

you're not gonna get a lot of help posting pest issues in the Nutrients and Fertilizer forum......fwiw

Personally I'd use some Avid and Azamax on moms,Azamax and 5% pyrethrin in veg, along with Azamax, and No Mites the first couple of weeks of flower
Here's a link for the No Mites,the concentrate is the best way to go as it's much more economical then the premixed spray....
http://www.greenwaynutrients.com/learn-more/no-spider-mites?sort=pd.name&order=DESC

connoisseurde420

connoisseurde420

there is a thread about this here already. but. combining a couple things will help a lot. I used to use azamax all the time almost weekly. then I added spinosad to the same mix and haven't seen then for over couple weeks by now. the other option is to use avid in combo w azamax, combining gives more power to both insecticides.

they build resistance when u spray to often with the same thing so its good also to change it up overtime.

the sns 217 is supposed to kill eggs but expensive. I'm interested to see what seamaiden comes up with.. there are lots of emulsifiers to choose from glycern would be my last choice tho. what about using azamax in combo with what ever your making?

Latest posts

Top Bottom