Spider Mites

• Thread starter Gettnpacksin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Gettnpacksin

Gettnpacksin

I've been doing my research on these little bastard's and have a few questions.
- prevention??(I know it's not 100%)
- would spraying the foliage with ph'd water (tops/underside) everyday/everyother day help?
- sns217? Good or waste of money?

I'm going to run a 8-10" fan blowing up towards the top and of course a few clip fans for proper air movement.this should help to correct?

Bulldog420

Bulldog420

Premium Member
Supporter
Do you already have the mites? Be honest.......lol

A great organic method nobody uses and the mites can't get immune to....... essential oils. 10-30 drops per gallon. Prevention starts at 10 drops a gal. Up it as the season goes on, and oils can be sprayed up until the day of harvest if needed. You must buy quality essential oils, derived from plant material. I use Now essential oils (https://www.amazon.com/NOW-Foods-Or...79564641&sr=8-24&keywords=PURE+essential+oils) because they are actually labeled organic. Buy at least 5 different kinds, cinnamon, orange, lemon, rosemary, and lavender are all great.

If just prevention, use every 5-10 days. If mites are present, then spray every day. Every other day at least. Switching each product you use, then make a mix of all the essential oils in one bottle. Hope this helps

JSmokes420

JSmokes420

You can mess around with the natural stuff sometimes it works.

My advice is to get the 3 pack off of eBay. They cost around a hundred bucks but you get stuff that works for real. What you're looking for is AVID floramite and forbid 4f. A little bit goes a long way with this stuff. It's real chemicals so make sure you suit up.

Gettnpacksin

Gettnpacksin

Do you already have the mites? Be honest.......lol

A great organic method nobody uses and the mites can't get immune to....... essential oils. 10-30 drops per gallon. Prevention starts at 10 drops a gal. Up it as the season goes on, and oils can be sprayed up until the day of harvest if needed. You must buy quality essential oils, derived from plant material. I use Now essential oils (https://www.amazon.com/NOW-Foods-Or...79564641&sr=8-24&keywords=PURE+essential+oils) because they are actually labeled organic. Buy at least 5 different kinds, cinnamon, orange, lemon, rosemary, and lavender are all great.

If just prevention, use every 5-10 days. If mites are present, then spray every day. Every other day at least. Switching each product you use, then make a mix of all the essential oils in one bottle. Hope this helps
No I don't have them just wanna take precautions to avoid them as much as possible. Just trying to gain some info.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
All of those chemicals are single-site mode of action miticides, and are known to cause resistance, some more quickly than others. Azamax/Azatrol are known not to, as taught to me by babaG here on the farm. They also typically require a good bit of personal protective gear to be applied safely.
A great organic method nobody uses and the mites can't get immune to....... essential oils. 10-30 drops per gallon. Prevention starts at 10 drops a gal.
I've used it, and was unimpressed between the cost and the difficulty in getting some oils into an emulsion. Frankly, the iso method I prefer is what I've ended up using much more often and stick to now, especially since I was sending my trim to a friend for extracts. He does NOT want other plant essential oils in the mix (especially neem). Btw, SNS 217 *is* essential oils (and emulsifiers).
I've been doing my research on these little bastard's and have a few questions.
- prevention??(I know it's not 100%)
- would spraying the foliage with ph'd water (tops/underside) everyday/everyother day help?
- sns217? Good or waste of money?

I'm going to run a 8-10" fan blowing up towards the top and of course a few clip fans for proper air movement.this should help to correct?
I've reverse engineered the SNS 217C. It's ok. I prefer using a mix of 1:1 iso:water applied every 2-3 days for two weeks.

Spraying with pH'd water won't do a thing to the mites, but it's effective for killing the fruiting bodies of powdery mildew.

Bulldog420

Bulldog420

Premium Member
Supporter
Really @Seamaiden? The oils have worked time and time again for not only me, but lots of others. I hired a bug guy this year and he gave me lots of tips. He says the essential oils are the main weapon in his organic arsenal.

I harvested my crop in my indoor grow area. So I had spiter mites on the clones I was trying to keep alive for genetic purposes. After harvest was done, I started with the essential oil sprays. I admit, I also threw in a rotation of neem, azamax and spinosad, but no sign of the bugs since. The essential oils alone cured the plants in the fields that had mites. It was amazing actually, I was only spraying the underneath of the leaves, and the mites actually took refuge on the tops of the leaves. Never seen that before. Once I adjusted my application, they were no where to be seen. Zero effects from the oils on the finished product.

As for the cost. I think it's cheap. 100 bucks and my entire outdoor garden was taken care of. I spent 500$ on neem and azamax alone.

Bulldog420

Bulldog420

Premium Member
Supporter
O yea, Yucca is the best emulsifier for essential oils. Mix it in a small glass with the oils before adding the water. That was the best mode for me.

All my concentrates are not tainted either. If anything, they are leaving terps behind. Organic essential oils will leave zero residue. I apply about 6 gallons to 1/2 acre of grow. At full strength, which I never reached outdoors, I would only use 150 drops, or about 1/2 ounce. You can buy some of the oils as cheap as 4oz for 10$. If you think about it, 150 drops applied to 300+ lbs of herb. Not much there to taint. This isn't Avid.

GreenLion

GreenLion

Ive always had luck with a neem and pyrethrin mix.. make it a little weak if u have no mites.. about half a cap each into a spray bottle of water.. spray tops and bottoms of leaves. Leave for ten minutes then spray off with water same way u applied the mix.. ive also wiped them out with a stronger mix and every 2 days spraying the same way

JSmokes420

JSmokes420

All of those chemicals are single-site mode of action miticides, and are known to cause resistance, some more quickly than others. Azamax/Azatrol are known not to, as taught to me by babaG here on the farm. They also typically require a good bit of personal protective gear to be applied safely.

I've used it, and was unimpressed between the cost and the difficulty in getting some oils into an emulsion. Frankly, the iso method I prefer is what I've ended up using much more often and stick to now, especially since I was sending my trim to a friend for extracts. He does NOT want other plant essential oils in the mix (especially neem). Btw, SNS 217 *is* essential oils (and emulsifiers).

I've reverse engineered the SNS 217C. It's ok. I prefer using a mix of 1:1 iso:water applied every 2-3 days for two weeks.

Spraying with pH'd water won't do a thing to the mites, but it's effective for killing the fruiting bodies of powdery mildew.

Whatever works. If you rotate the sprays (Avid Florimite Forbid 4f) every 3 days for 2 weeks I promise no spider mites can survive. In all honesty it's almost overkill but long as your still in veg it's all good. Lost a crop trying that natural remedies crap....I'm a chemical farmer now

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Habanero spray 5 habanero per quart water. Kills mites and eggs on contact. Shred habanero especially the seeds simmer in water 20 minutes do not let boil. Let cool spray away. It's a little work to make but no nasty chemicals. Oh ya DO NOT MAKE INSIDE OR SPRAY WITHOUT PPE. Finished it's like mace to humans. Can be sprayed to day of harvest.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Benes and weekly teas are supposed to help prevent them but my run to is green cleaner. Its made from water, oil, and alcohol and you can spray it up until right before harvest. It took care of mine, just takes a few applications and close attention. Pulling off affected fans works wonders also.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Whatever works. If you rotate the sprays (Avid Florimite Forbid 4f) every 3 days for 2 weeks I promise no spider mites can survive. In all honesty it's almost overkill but long as your still in veg it's all good. Lost a crop trying that natural remedies crap....I'm a chemical farmer now
I like floramite... if you use as a preventative maintenance then you have little chance of problems... i just never use that stuff anytime in flower. I just spray all the veg plants down 2 times... 3 days apart

JSmokes420

JSmokes420

Habanero spray 5 habanero per quart water. Kills mites and eggs on contact. Shred habanero especially the seeds simmer in water 20 minutes do not let boil. Let cool spray away. It's a little work to make but no nasty chemicals. Oh ya DO NOT MAKE INSIDE OR SPRAY WITHOUT PPE. Finished it's like mace to humans. Can be sprayed to day of harvest.
That's the s*** that burnt the f*** out of my plants

Bulldog420

Bulldog420

Premium Member
Supporter
Bulldog420

Bulldog420

Premium Member
Supporter
Can't find the right video, and I am slammed today. I will post these, and search for the right one. These show plant health through organics, not the same thing.

Top Bottom