Spider Mites

• Thread starter Gettnpacksin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Sorry, you don't use the product right you've fucked up. Like the one time I filled up a spray bottle with neem and went to town spraying. No dilute. Just fucked. My buddy uses avid,only in veg, his herb is super. I'd say pick one way and do it that way consistent, you will see it work.
Bingo... its all about how you use stuff.... if youre using chemicals in flower and especially in late flower then of course its unhealthy. I have sold hundreds and if not thousands of clones over the years... never had a problem and never had a complaint and.... never given someone bugs either

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Really @Seamaiden? The oils have worked time and time again for not only me, but lots of others. I hired a bug guy this year and he gave me lots of tips. He says the essential oils are the main weapon in his organic arsenal.
After discussing with my extracts friend, after doing a cost comparison of essential oils vs the iso, it was a pretty easy choice for me in this specific scenario. I'm not hating on them, not at all, in fact I'm a fan of using the essential oils in many areas. It's also a good deal easier to get mixed since it doesn't require an emulsifier.
Whatever works. If you rotate the sprays (Avid Florimite Forbid 4f) every 3 days for 2 weeks I promise no spider mites can survive. In all honesty it's almost overkill but long as your still in veg it's all good. Lost a crop trying that natural remedies crap....I'm a chemical farmer now
That rotation is key, but, and this is a huge but if you live in an area that already has mites that are resistant to any one of them, it's super easy to achieve resistant mites. They're practically built for it. The only crop I've lost was to root aphids, didn't know what they were until it was far too late. Let me find some papers for you discussing miticide resistance. They are known to develop resistance to multiple miticides, which leads to further problems. If I could ask you, if you see them again, would you be willing to do a side by side since you're already making an application every 3 days? Do the isopropyl:water (1:1) on however many plants you're willing, and then your usual treatment.

I ask this because we've already been seeing mites in SoCal that are resistant to Forbid4F and Floramite.

http://anrcatalog.ucanr.edu/pdf/8033.pdf

http://msue.anr.msu.edu/news/how_to_handle_resistant_spider_mites_in_your_greenhouse

http://aginfotoday.com/News/Miticid...ider-Mite--6-Management-Tips-2016-09-19/15247

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
After discussing with my extracts friend, after doing a cost comparison of essential oils vs the iso, it was a pretty easy choice for me in this specific scenario. I'm not hating on them, not at all, in fact I'm a fan of using the essential oils in many areas. It's also a good deal easier to get mixed since it doesn't require an emulsifier.

That rotation is key, but, and this is a huge but if you live in an area that already has mites that are resistant to any one of them, it's super easy to achieve resistant mites. They're practically built for it. The only crop I've lost was to root aphids, didn't know what they were until it was far too late. Let me find some papers for you discussing miticide resistance. They are known to develop resistance to multiple miticides, which leads to further problems. If I could ask you, if you see them again, would you be willing to do a side by side since you're already making an application every 3 days? Do the isopropyl:water (1:1) on however many plants you're willing, and then your usual treatment.

I ask this because we've already been seeing mites in SoCal that are resistant to Forbid4F and Floramite.

http://anrcatalog.ucanr.edu/pdf/8033.pdf

http://msue.anr.msu.edu/news/how_to_handle_resistant_spider_mites_in_your_greenhouse

http://aginfotoday.com/News/Miticid...ider-Mite--6-Management-Tips-2016-09-19/15247
Its application error that makes them resistant. Its like our misuse and resistance to antibiotics thats happening to humans.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Absolutely agreed. But how many cannabis cultivators have the appropriate permits to even buy these chemicals, let alone are knowledgeable in all areas regarding use and application? How many threads do we get asking how to use something like Avid or Floramite?

My answers, in the following order are too few, and too many.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Stuff like Avid, Forbid, Floramite 4F, and let's include shit like Eagle 20 while we're at it. ANYTHING that you cannot legally buy OTC, but are supposed to have an operators permit or even a pesticide applicators permit to purchase and use. Because with those permits comes a minimum level of education, like knowing what the Worker Protection Standard is.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Bingo... its all about how you use stuff.... if youre using chemicals in flower and especially in late flower then of course its unhealthy. I have sold hundreds and if not thousands of clones over the years... never had a problem and never had a complaint and.... never given someone bugs either
Never giving someone bugs.....

I have smoked way to much this morning since this seemed get me quite tickled...
GT1 but I agree with you as usual. Your advice is always spot on!

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Absolutely agreed. But how many cannabis cultivators have the appropriate permits to even buy these chemicals, let alone are knowledgeable in all areas regarding use and application? How many threads do we get asking how to use something like Avid or Floramite?

My answers, in the following order are too few, and too many.
You know whats funny.... floramite was supposed to be on the ca ban list.... amazon ships it to California hahaha... ya pretty much just like everything.. whether its too much ph up down, cal mag, pesticides... its all user error hahaha

Smerb

Smerb

Stuff like Avid, Forbid, Floramite 4F, and let's include shit like Eagle 20 while we're at it. ANYTHING that you cannot legally buy OTC, but are supposed to have an operators permit or even a pesticide applicators permit to purchase and use. Because with those permits comes a minimum level of education, like knowing what the Worker Protection Standard is.
That be true. I have never seen those chemicals at my hydro stop. We need a master cannabis pest exterminator. They tent your house to(fumigate) then cook some meth (SoCal). I hope y'all laugh

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

I have no advice 9th what to do... other than read and study before putting anything on. And don't always listen to the hydro shop guy. He had me use azamax 3 weeks prior to harvest. After reading I see that was probably a bone head thing to do. That was in a single dwc bucket. However I also ran it in my RDWC for 24 hrs then did a complete res change on plants 4 weeks into flower and they look superb.

So down the road I think I will just start prevention measures in veg...

GreenLion

GreenLion

Man u guys are not playing with the preventage measures.. personally this is the biggest reason I grow.. I never want to smoke anything with eagle 20, avid, forbid,and floramite used on it.. good luck smoking that stuff and using it in ur homes and gardens..

GreenLion

GreenLion

I use chicharrones farts.. eat a bunch of chicharrones and fart all over my plants...
Lol na i posted in the thread.. not tring to cause an argument just MY personal opinion..

Smerb

Smerb

I use chicharrones farts.. eat a bunch of chicharrones and fart all over my plants...
Lol na i posted in the thread.. not tring to cause an argument just MY personal opinion..
I'm about to drink some neem oil and do what you do. I waited for you're reply and its great, hilarious man. Gotsta have some comedy here or it will and does go evil. You have a hot ass!

Latest posts

Top Bottom